• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nate Burleson released

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take 5/25 for him personally but I got a feeling he gets more somewhere else. I actually think Detroit is great fit for him. He could have some monster years opposite Megatron in a pass first offense. I dont know alot about Detroits roster but it seems like they need to sign at least one receiver. I think Durham is a FA along with Burleson being gone. Like most deals you can always backload it and cut him after a couple years

Detroit is a good fit but they have very little room (OK, none) under the cap unless Suh redoes his contract. That said, with Burleson cut, they have no viable option as their #2 guy. Options are to draft one or find someone on the cheap. North of 5/$25 would not work although I would love to see him in that offense.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is a good fit but they have very little room (OK, none) under the cap unless Suh redoes his contract.

I just peaked at the cap for the Lions and holy hell Suh has a cap hit of 22.4 mil!!!!! I thought Harvin around 13-14 mill was tough. Kinda odd has his number goes from 10.4 in 2013 to 22.4 in 2014 and 13.2 in 2015. If they can rework Suh they wont be horrible shape as the only other high cap numbers are Stafford and Megatron.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just peaked at the cap for the Lions and holy hell Suh has a cap hit of 22.4 mil!!!!! I thought Harvin around 13-14 mill was tough. Kinda odd has his number goes from 10.4 in 2013 to 22.4 in 2014 and 13.2 in 2015. If they can rework Suh they wont be horrible shape as the only other high cap numbers are Stafford and Megatron.
Yeah, Detroit's front office have played a game of kick the can with Suh, Stafford and CJ. In fairness to them, all three were high draft picks before the rookie cap was imposed. This was made worse by a strategy that back-ended their contracts. When the "franchise player" rules changed, they were screwed. the players have all the leverage in negotiations.
If they aren't able to re-negotiate Suh's contract, there is actually a chance they will be forced to release him after this year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i find it so funny when people say he struggles to get open ( Tate) some of you need to watch the Coaches tape. Tate was a poor Route runner ( unpolished ) coming out of college. He was basically a converted RB. His Route running is more than just fine now. he is one of the top return men in the NFL and a top 10 ( 8 ) talent for YAC by receivers( Averages about 8 yards more after he catches the ball). His Yards after catch are better than Calvin Johnsons, DeSean Jackson, Andre Johnson and A.J. green just to name a few.

He is one of the best in the NFL for Yards after CONTACT, He is also a strong shifty WR with a unique set of skills. Signing Tate for 4-5 Million a year is a very good deal and would be worth keeping, he was as far as averages goes well above the average WR in the NFL. He is an Above average talent and should be paid as such. 5 Million a year for Tate is better than 9 million a year for Rice. Tate is a Solid #2 WR that still is improving and is only 25 years old.

Also he most likely will be one of the hotter WR's in this FA and that is because of his skill set not because he is some average Joe WR. Would you rather Have Tate locked up at 5 million a year for 4-5 years or sign 32 year old Boldins for one year deals for the next 4 to 5 years? I would go with the Younger player that still has an upside. Or we could continue to draft WR in the 2,3,4, rounds trying to replace him for the next 3-5 years

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Tate you cant just look at his numbers, he is more talented then his numbers. No receiver we have is going to have a monster year with the way our offense is run. We were what 31st in pass attempts. Put Tate in offense like detroit he probably easily has 1000 yards. Whether Tate is signed or not we will be drafting a receiver regardless. It was known since last year that Rice would be gone soon. They tried to draft his replacement last year with Chris Harper but whiffed. A guy around 6'2 -6'4 will be what they target although Im unsure of what round.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks can find room with the cap, then yes, I'm sure they would love to sign Tate. However, Kearse, Harvin, and Baldwin isn't a bad line up. You need some depth because...will you never know if Harvin will it make thru the season, right? That can be addressed in the draft or perhaps a FA who's a good value.
It is a matter of priorities. Resigning the LOB comes first and you also have to make plans for the following year, when inking Wilson becomes a must do.
The fact that Tate may be a hot item in the market works against being able to resign him. So brace yourself for the worse and hope for the best.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricardo Lockette at this point is better than Burleson. If this was 2-3 years ago I'd say yeah...but not sure how much Burleson has to left to offer

Agreed. Lockette is our #4 if Tate bails on us, but I would like to keep Golden if we can make it fit.