• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nashville Sell out to not sell out for Hawks

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, you can just buy tickets from Stubhub instead of from the Predators.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hawks fans should just boycott Nashville next season. im sure the local Nashville businesses would be real happy about it

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is kinda stupid. If anything, it will make Blackhawk fans try that much harder to get in. I think our biggest problem is our walk up crowd (people like me), and not enough season ticket holders or people buying tickets in advance. When everyone waits until the day of, it makes it a lot more easier for away fans to get tickets. imo

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is kinda stupid. If anything, it will make Blackhawk fans try that much harder to get in. I think our biggest problem is our walk up crowd (people like me), and not enough season ticket holders or people buying tickets in advance. When everyone waits until the day of, it makes it a lot more easier for away fans to get tickets. imo

Based on the new policy, are you more or less likely as a Nashville fan to attend the games against the Blackhawks?

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the new policy, are you more or less likely as a Nashville fan to attend the games against the Blackhawks?

Umm not sure. Probably less, lol. :(

I don't want to he forced to buy a ticket to another game when all I want is 1 ticket vs Chicago.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago sports fans as a whole are a very well traveling fan base. Hosting cities need to just suck it up.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm not sure. Probably less, lol. :(

I don't want to he forced to buy a ticket to another game when all I want is 1 ticket vs Chicago.

That's what I figured. So essentially, the Preds would rather be playing to empty seats than taking money from Hawks fans. Weird.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Blackhawks fans are pushing Preds fans out. For the most part, Hawks fans buy tickets in Nashville pretty much on the spur of the moment. So, basically, we are gobbling up tickets that wouldn't be sold otherwise.

It's like a Cubs/Cardinals game at Wrigley. Mostly Cards fans, especially since the Cubs are just plain dreadful.

If the Preds had a better team and a more exciting team, MORE Preds fans would come to the games. Since they don't, Hawks fans take the leftovers. I see nothing wrong with that.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Cards fans than Cubs fans? I don't know about that one.

Cubs still hold a great attendance even though they're competing for draft picks every season. Amazing

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Cards fans than Cubs fans? I don't know about that one.

Cubs still hold a great attendance even though they're competing for draft picks every season. Amazing

I'm guessing you haven't been to a Cubs/Cardinals game in eons. It is loaded with Card fans. And I'm okay with that. Root root root for your team. That's why they're fans.

As to the Cubs having "great attendance"...nah, not true. Since the Cubs have been stinking in up, there are plenty (and I mean plenty) of empty seats. In baseball, the announce the attendance by the number of tickets SOLD, not by actual attendance in the seats. So, the Cubs announce 30,000 and there is really 18,000 fans there.

Watch in the next two weeks, when school is back in session. Watch on the tube. See all the empty seats at Wrigley and then let me know what you think.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I watch or listen to just about every single game. And in my opinion, you're on acid.

Cubs announce 38+ not 30 and there's probably 32 in the seats on a bad day. And funny you mention the Cards, because this last Cards series in St Louis had quite a bit of Cubs fans. So I mean come on.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...you proved my point, only from the opposite view. Cubs fans have been known to go to St Louis and root for the Cubs en masse. It's nothing new when an opposing teams fans "invade" a home teams stadium. Happens all the time.

As to the Cubs drawing like crazy, I don't think so. Wait for another week or two when the kiddies go back to school. Wrigley will be lucky to be half full. I'm watching the highlights of the games and the bleachers are not exactly flowing over even now.

Oh, you're going to get on me about only watching the highlights. Well as a Cubs fan my whole life, I can't stomach to watch them play. You must have more time on your hands or a better digestive system than I do, because watching the Cubs play baseball is torture. I'd rather watch the local kids play ball. It's more fun, more entertaining and almost better baseball.

I gave up watching the Cubs four years ago when they had the best record in baseball and proceeded to go three and out against the Dodgers in the first round of the playoffs. I haven't watched a pitch of Cubs baseball since. I invested too much time that season by watching almost every game since June and went to a ton of games at Wrigley.

Even with Theo and Jed, this team stinks. The Cubs have no clue how to develop ANY players in their system> Success to the Cubs will be eventually getting back to .500. WooHoo.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, it's a dude from a team Nashville AND Chicago hates!

Look, some of the most electrifying crowds in the league are in Nashville when Detroit and Nashville go head to head. The Joe is a morgue compared to Nashville during a Wings-Preds game.... the crowd is loud as hell, both sides are chanting, yelling... it makes the atmosphere much better. If Nashville wants to keep Chicago fans out, THEY are missing out, because a bunch of Hawks fans in the stands chanting and screaming makes the game better for everyone.

And that is the last time I will say that Hawks or Hawks fans make anything better for anyone... :happy:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to say the Cubs draw like crazy, I just mean we draw pretty damn good when you take our record into consideration.

As for Nashville, I just wonder what their marketing team is thinking with this move? They're going to lose lots of money.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to say the Cubs draw like crazy, I just mean we draw pretty damn good when you take our record into consideration.

As for Nashville, I just wonder what their marketing team is thinking with this move? They're going to lose lots of money.

Actually, the marketing team probably thought that since so many Blackhawks fans flock to Nashville to watch them play the Preds, we might as well stick it to them and force them to buy a ticket to another game. That's how marketing people think. But they're really just idiots. Hawks fans will buy tix on Stub Hub, on eBay and any other source they can get their hands on them just to watch them play. Or they will buy the TWO tickets and just sell the one to the other game they are forced to purchase. To me, this sets a terrible precedence in the league.

I have seen where the Devils pulled the same crap when they played the Rangers in the playoffs.

I'm hoping that the league steps in, but I doubt it. What will probably happen is some Hawks fan who is an attorney will file suit against the Predators and the ticket service they use who ferret out zip codes in the Chicago area banning them from purchasing tickets. This will wind up in the courts and of course, the idiot lawyers will decide the outcome.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've never been to a Predators game and obviously have zero knowledge of the level of fan support in our small market.

I'm assuming it is somewhat below the 220+ (not sure of the exact number, but I know for sure it's more that 220) in a row sellouts at the United Center. Believe me, I'm sorry I gave up my season tickets that I had in the early to mid '80's. Now I wish I could actually purchase a legit ticket to a Hawks game without having to pay a king's ransom through some ticket broker service where I have to pay $130 for a $24 ticket.

At that price, you KNOW what level of fan support it's really like. When I can purchase a ticket the day of the game at face value, that tells me that no matter what the fan support is like, it's not enough support.

I'm not sure what the Preds beef is with Hawks fans, aside from overtaking their rink with fans. I mean what the heck...if you have 12,000 loyal Preds fans and fill the rest of the stadium with Hawks fans, does it really matter? Or, conversely you can have the 12,000 loyal Preds fans sit by themselves...and the stadium looking 1/3 empty. Have fun with that.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no matter what...when the Hawks beat the crap out of the Preds, those 12,000 loyal Preds fans will still be sitting on their hands.