• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name your 2 breakout players and teams

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmanuel Mudiay will put up numbers and get ROY.

Jabari Parker gonna be a groan ass man by All-star break.

Can we call the Deer a breakout Team after last Season?

I think they take another step forward in the East with Monroe and a healthy Parker.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly bad in each conference:

West: Mavs- They're gonna suck.

East: Pacers- Gonna rely on PG13 too heavily and have zero bigs. Ellis was a nice pickup and Hill is a solid role player but that team won't make the playoffs this year. UNLESS PG13 plays out of his fucking mind and Myles Turner finishes top 5 in ROY.

I don't understand what Bird is thinking.

Please don't play PG at the 4.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East

Breakout player: Dennis Schroder. He's going to play major minutes off the bench for an Atlanta team that will experience depth issues. I'm assuming Teague plays a full, healthy season too. Schroder will be in the driver's seat commanding the second unit, and even see time with the first team for defense.

Breakout team: I agree with Orlando. They have a lot of good players, especially in the back court. I could see front court defense and depth being an issue, but in the East those problems aren't as vital.

West

Breakout player: Kawhi Leonard. Kind of a cop out pick, but I think this is the year Kawhi takes control of the San Antonio offense. He's already incredible on defense, and now he's going to be the number 1 option on offense (in my prediction). While LMA integrates himself into the offense, Pop will realize that his best option is going to be Kawhi.

Breakout team: Extremely close call between the Jazz and Kings. Love both of these teams. Jazz losing Exum hurts, but Heyward and Burks handle the ball well enough. Favors and Gobert might be the best 1-2 big punch in the NBA, but I'd like to see Favors take that big step offensively. My concern is will they be able to initiate that offense without a true PG out there? Or are we going to see a lot of one-on-ones, stagnant offense? The defense should lead to enough easy offense to offset trouble in the half-court. And Gordon Heyward is a beast, he should lead them in scoring. The Kings meanwhile have one of the most versatile teams in the NBA, thanks to one of the best benches in the NBA. Collison and Belinelli should score combined 25+ a night, Rondo brings much needed ball movement, and Gay, Willie Cauley Stein, Cousins and Koufos give the front court a ton of different looks. Go big to matchup with Cuz and Koufos, or small with WCS and Cuz, or stretch with Gay/Cuz. The Kings will rely on rookie WCS a lot, which could be a problem if he doesn't adjust. Rondo could be completely done. McLemore doesn't look good.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is expecting them to do anything this year.

Yeah, but don't they have to establish an identity to break out of? Sounds silly to me to call them a breakout team when they won 50 last year (yes I know they lost 80% of their lineup).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly bad in each conference:

West: Mavs- They're gonna suck.

East: Pacers- Gonna rely on PG13 too heavily and have zero bigs. Ellis was a nice pickup and Hill is a solid role player but that team won't make the playoffs this year. UNLESS PG13 plays out of his fucking mind and Myles Turner finishes top 5 in ROY.

Surprisingly bad:

Personally I don't think it will be all that surprising, but the Pelicans won't do much in the West. Correlating with my teams above, they'll be behind both of those teams, and maybe the Suns too. I just don't really like the collection of players and how they fit. Obviously AD is AD, but Jrue, Gordon and Evans are like the same player, they have nothing at the wing and the injuries are already piling up.

Hard to say in the East because expectations are generally lower, but I'll say the Bulls. Lots of mouths to feed in the front court and it could take some time to find the right rotation. My worry is things get hostile if Gibson isn't seeing enough time, or Rose isn't getting the touches. They'll still be a good team, they just might hit their stride later in the season than expected, and their record will reflect that.

Captain Confusion

I Can't Remember the last time I was here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Williams and Kevin O'Quinn of the Knicks - I was doubtful at first of the pick ups but I think they will thrive at New York...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Williams and Kevin O'Quinn of the Knicks - I was doubtful at first of the pick ups but I think they will thrive at New York...

I like Kyle O'Quinn to succeed, but I have zero faith Williams will be anything more than a flashy dunker. No defense, hasn't learned a single move in the NBA, and I'm still not quite sure he understands the concept of "passing". The 3-point shooting is a bit of a surprise, I'll give him that.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's all too surprising. I have them at the very bottom on the West. They are going to get destroyed defensively, and they don't have the fire power to come back on offense to compete in the West. Plus they are starting the year with Williams, Mathews and Parsons injured. Wouldn't be surprised if Harris and Parsons are traded at the deadline.

You would think more people would agree with me on that, but from what I've seen on twitter, website rankings and writers, etc. they seem to think Dallas is a sure thing for that 8 spot and I just don't see it. An aging roster with zero depth and health issues = disaster.

They may go in full tank mode this season if they get off to a rough start. Sucks for Dirk.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kyle O'Quinn to succeed, but I have zero faith Williams will be anything more than a flashy dunker. No defense, hasn't learned a single move in the NBA, and I'm still not quite sure he understands the concept of "passing". The 3-point shooting is a bit of a surprise, I'll give him that.

Williams is still only 24 and showing signs of an improved jumper... with his freakish athleticism his defense has the ability to improve as well. I'm not gonna rule him out just yet, I think he can develop into a good role player eventually.

This season he'll get some opportunities to shine so we'll get a better idea of how good he can be. I think he may surprise some people. Watching him at Arizona while he was there made one thing clear to me-- he's going to work his ass off to improve no matter what happens in his career. He was a 3 star recruit and not listed in the top 150 rankings for his class coming into AZ. Really rooting for him.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every knows about Stanley Johnson but I really think Reggie bullock is going to breakout. He has looked really good in the preseason as a 3 and d wing guy.

I liked him coming into PHX because of the same thing except it was when he was in the D-League and once it came to actual NBA games he really didn't do much. Hope he can carve out a role though, seemed like a nice guy and teammate in his short time here.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think more people would agree with me on that, but from what I've seen on twitter, website rankings and writers, etc. they seem to think Dallas is a sure thing for that 8 spot and I just don't see it. An aging roster with zero depth and health issues = disaster.

They may go in full tank mode this season if they get off to a rough start. Sucks for Dirk.

Yeah I feel bad for Dirk. He takes a $15M pay cut to allow Dallas to go out and make some moves, and they come out with broken pieces and aging vets. Granted, they tried with Jordan and he totally screwed them. This team wasn't one big man away from playoff contention though.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Otto Porter, Stanley Johnson, Frank Kaminsky..

These are my sleeper picks on my fantasy team so i'm going full blown homer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings, Mavs, Suns and blazers are going to have EXTREMELY disappointing seasons.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings, Mavs, Suns and blazers are going to have EXTREMELY disappointing seasons.

Dude, you obsessively repeat over and over again that the Suns are going to suck but never elaborate why. Care to explain, Lord Hashtag?

Last edited:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you obsessively repeat over and over again that the Suns are going to suck but never elaborate why. Care to explain, Lord Hastag?

It's because I've made him look really stupid on here time and time again so he just has a blind hatred for the Suns because of my owning of him for the last couple years on here now.

That being said, I don't think they're a lock for a playoff spot, but I also don't think they disappoint.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he didn't pick the Lakers to win 50 games this time around...:crazy:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you obsessively repeat over and over again that the Suns are going to suck but never elaborate why. Care to explain, Lord Hashtag?

When have the Suns not sucked? Get your dick out of Arizona Stings ass and actually watch a basketball game or two before you spurt out any more dumb crap, little boy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns traded half their team away for a 2nd round pick in order to get a player they never got and never had a chance in getting in the first place.

Then their consolation prize was Tyson Chandler :pound:

And you think you have a shot at the playoffs? Give me a break!