• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mystery solved

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it's don't believe ANYTHING until the final reports are out then I'm not sure what you learned. Leaks might as well be considered rumors and leave it at that.

Pretty much.

To be honest I think news is being fed to the sports reporters on as as needed basis.

I also think the accuracy of what have passed along has changed many times.

What do we really know?

What information has come out from official NFL sources? Not much.

How much has been news fed to reporters via unnamed sources. Most of it.

Has any news come from someone other than an unnamed source?

Do we need to repeat how the facts and story has changed in the last week?

Are these unnamed sources:

A) Some official NFL source passing info to the press because it's easier?

B) Stonewalling until after the big game

C) Someone with a bone to pick the Patriots.

D) Or is the NFL just incompetent?

Who knows?

As a Patriots fan I'm going with either B or C.

The Conspiracy!!! It smells of someone who wants to embarrass the Pats. Those SOBs!

Unless they have the Patriots cold and just don't want to screw up the big game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much.

To be honest I think news is being fed to the sports reporters on as as needed basis.

I also think the accuracy of what have passed along has changed many times.

What do we really know?

What information has come out from official NFL sources? Not much.

How much has been news fed to reporters via unnamed sources. Most of it.

Has any news come from someone other than an unnamed source?

Do we need to repeat how the facts and story has changed in the last week?

Are these unnamed sources:

A) Some official NFL source passing info to the press because it's easier?

B) Stonewalling until after the big game

C) Someone with a bone to pick the Patriots.

D) Or is the NFL just incompetent?

Who knows?

As a Patriots fan I'm going with either B or C.

The Conspiracy!!! It smells of someone who wants to embarrass the Pats. Those SOBs!

Unless they have the Patriots cold and just don't want to screw up the big game.

Unnamed sources simply means the people who passed that along to the specific reporters they talked to only did so under the condition those reporters wouldn't share their name with the story.

It's very unlikely it's one person with all of these leaks. In fact the leaks have been coming from different places including someone likely close to the investigative agency the league hired.

I have full confidence that the individual reporters trust those sources and know how close each really is to the situation. I do not have confidence that all of that information is actually fact. It hasn't been corroborated in any way (can't when it's unnamed sources).

We won't know until after all of the actual facts come out. The question really will be how much of what they fully know will the NFL actually release to the public? Do we trust THEM to give us real facts?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unnamed sources simply means the people who passed that along to the specific reporters they talked to only did so under the condition those reporters wouldn't share their name with the story.

It's very unlikely it's one person with all of these leaks. In fact the leaks have been coming from different places including someone likely close to the investigative agency the league hired.

Ok. It could explain why the information is different. There may be more than one source but it's hard to say how many.

I have full confidence that the individual reporters trust those sources and know how close each really is to the situation. I do not have confidence that all of that information is actually fact. It hasn't been corroborated in any way (can't when it's unnamed sources).

Exactly that's the beauty of unnamed sources.

As the week as gone on it's become less and less clear

We won't know until after all of the actual facts come out. The question really will be how much of what they fully know will the NFL actually release to the public? Do we trust THEM to give us real facts?

This is the group that was hired for the Ingognito investigation. That seems a semi-legitimate investigation.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the group that was hired for the Ingognito investigation. That seems a semi-legitimate investigation.

And yet it's the NFL that will release whatever it wants out of that to the public. Do you trust that they will be forthcoming?

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly I'm sick of hearing about it. The Patriots are scum, Goodell is an idiot, Kraft is a douche, the refs are way under qualified and I'm just sick of hearing about it. What a pile of shit. Think I'll just work Sunday and make a few hundred bucks. If I want to see this bull shit I'll watch Judge Wopner reruns.

CC
Pepsico
Dorito
AnhauserBush
Go Daddy
Etc

Fuck Goodell and his buddies.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I don't know how long the ball sit from the time the team releases them until they are tested.
Just thought of this today.
What if the Patriots filled the footballs with very warm air. That would give a higher air pressure early and as the game went on they would lower in temp and get flatter. There is no rule that says the air must be a certain temp. So the Pats would have followed the letter of the rules and it would explain why only their balls had issues

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I don't know how long the ball sit from the time the team releases them until they are tested.
What if the Patriots filled the footballs with very warm air. That would give a higher air pressure early and as the game went on they would lower in temp and get flatter. There is no rule that says the air must be a certain temp. So the Pats would have followed the letter of the rules and it would explain why only their balls had issues

That's something we discussed a few days ago. There are also other gasses besides air that react differently to temperature. Very possible to manipulate the pressure changes if that's what they wanted to do. However, the fact that it is possible doesn't make any more probable. Really need to see what the league offers up when this is over.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe Bill answered that question saying they did not fill the balls in a hot room. Not sure about the temperature of the air in the ball. I still think either a dehydrator, different size bladder or a tightening of the laces creates the temporary higher pressure that then equalizes to a lower pressure over a couple hours.