• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Top 20 NFL QB Ranking for next year

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was asked to do much more, with much less, than the other three.

And stats are cool... for every "inferior" stat you can provide, I could probably provide another stat to either unsubstantiate it or at least offer another perspective.

Theres no doubt Luck didnt have the same level of skill around him as the other 3 thats for sure but thats not changing this year and his schedule gets much more difficult. Ill honestly be surprised if Indy wins more than 7 or 8 games this year.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres no doubt Luck didnt have the same level of skill around him as the other 3 thats for sure but thats not changing this year and his schedule gets much more difficult. Ill honestly be surprised if Indy wins more than 7 or 8 games this year.

Maybe.

But I thought you were talking about stats and not wins?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

But I thought you were talking about stats and not wins?

Well QB rankings are based on both Id think. IF Luck has the same type of year he had last year playing the schedule he is playing this year then Indy is a 7 or 8 win team. IF he improves drastically then maybe 9 wins or so. The other 3 guys have the luxury of playing for better teams so they can afford a larger margin of error IMO especially Wilson and Kaepernick.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well QB rankings are based on both Id think. IF Luck has the same type of year he had last year playing the schedule he is playing this year then Indy is a 7 or 8 win team. IF he improves drastically then maybe 9 wins or so. The other 3 guys have the luxury of playing for better teams so they can afford a larger margin of error IMO especially Wilson and Kaepernick.

Well wins take 53 guys to come across. Not one.

Luck can play lights out but if his OL still sucks, his running game still sucks, his defense still sucks, his WRs still suck, etc.... then the Colts will probably be pretty average.

And like you said, the other 3 guys play on better teams which can pick them up/carry them more than Luck. So doesn't that need to be factored into your rankings (or at least your rebuttal to someone else's?)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the 4 QBs that appear to be new franchise QBs based on last years starting play, here's how I'd take them as of TODAY if I was starting a new franchise:

1) Luck
2) Wilson
3) Kap
4) Griffin

Luck's #s simply blew me away. Yes he passed the most I believe but to put up those kind of #s is crazy. He has two studs on that team in Saturday and Wayne but both are quite old. He has zero running game and the rest of his WRs were pretty average. No Harvin/Welker kind of slot talent either.

Wilson was incredible. Tying Mannings TD record in a team that threw the least is just flat out ridiculous. His scrambling is SMART and he was quite possibly the best out of the 4 at keeping plays alive. Downfield accuracy is still a bit of a concern imo and any QB that scrambles near 100 times in a season is treading on dangerous territory. Despite Wilson being a smart scrambler... never know when that hit will happen. More times you put yourself in that situation, the worse.

Kap played great but really needed the run game to sustain his performance. There's just not much to say about Kap because frankly there isn't that many games to base his performance on. Yes he played lights out in most games that he played but there was only so many compared to 17-18+ for Wilson/Luck. I want to see what Kap can do without the running game because when he didn't have it last year he was pretty abysmal (Seattle, SBowl before Gore got it going come to mind).

RG3 imo could not be more overrated. I really wanted this kid to succeed in the NFL but I knew based on his play in college that he'd be a scrambler and he'd try to do too much and low and behold concussions, multiple knee blowouts etc. Yes Redskins fans and various NFL analysts will all comment on how he is recovering and doing jumping jacks but no way will this guy have non-injured seasons back to back and that is a huge liability to me. He had great run support and also had some great offensive masterminding by Shanny. If I was starting a franchise there's a good chance my run game might be suspect at first and Shanny would not be my HC so forget this.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well wins take 53 guys to come across. Not one.

Luck can play lights out but if his OL still sucks, his running game still sucks, his defense still sucks, his WRs still suck, etc.... then the Colts will probably be pretty average.

And like you said, the other 3 guys play on better teams which can pick them up/carry them more than Luck. So doesn't that need to be factored into your rankings (or at least your rebuttal to someone else's?)

Sure they do and they were. I said Id have Luck top 15ish, his numbers dont support a ranking of even that high but he did win and thats the MOST important thing IMO.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they do and they were. I said Id have Luck top 15ish, his numbers dont support a ranking of even that high but he did win and thats the MOST important thing IMO.

Shouldn't the fact that he did win even with having the worst supporting cast of all of them play into his favor not against him? He took the worst team in football and of all 4 of the quarterbacks ended up with the best record (yes Wilson's team tied him but still). I understand he had the easiest schedule but he easily had the worst OL and worst defense of any of those guys and still won 11 games. Throw in the fact of his 4th quarter heroics and it should show this guy of all of them showed the greatest potential to carry his team.