• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My thoughts on the Lions/Saints game.............

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see a single play. I was able to listen to the last 39 seconds of the 1st half while driving thru Bridgman and the Saints kicked a field goal. The station didn't come back in until about 125 miles later and it was the 4th quarter with 5 minutes and change left.

Sounded like an extremely exciting game. Haven't had the chance to see Tate's TD, but it sounded great on the radio, as did Quinn's INT. No clue who Thompson is, but the announcers weren't very kind to him, as they said he had a ball hit him in the hands and he dropped it only to have it intercepted.

All I know is -- listening to the game on the radio, even an incompletion sounds like the greatest play to happen in years. Those announcers are excited over every play.

So someone give me the scoop. The little I was able to listen to -- the announcers talked up the defense saying they made plays when they needed it. They weren't kind talking about the OL and the WR's, sans Golden Tate. They said the OL struggled opening holes and pass protection and the Lions WR's and TE's struggled to get open much of the game.

As I said -- I didn't see a play -- so please fill me in on any and everything. This is the first game in I couldn't even tell you how long where I didn't see the Lions play at all. How did they look?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions Offense was bad for 3.75 quarters. Defense played well, gave up a couple big plays, but kept the game manageable. Saints were Lionesque when it came to bone head penalties. Amazing last 3 minutes or so to steal a win.

They say good teams find a way to win even when they are playing poorly. Lions did that today.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same issues. OLine plays good for a series, then let's a free guy right up middle. Happened a couple times. Stafford started out bad. Started coming through, then Thompson had that drop/int.

Defense came up huge the last 2 series. Stafford missed Fuller wide open and forced a ball to Bush on 4th down, but got bailed out by the PI. Then he threw a nice pass to Fuller for the win.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck is Thompson? And why does he go out for passes?

Jim Bob Cooter isn't doing a very good job.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck is Thompson? And why does he go out for passes?

Jim Bob Cooter isn't doing a very good job.

Jordan Thompson. Apparently signed off PS bc of injuries to Fauria and Ebron

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I bet Tyson Thompson would've caught that ball

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Thompson. Apparently signed off PS bc of injuries to Fauria and Ebron

Hopefully he's on someone's else's next week. Ebron or Van Noy can take his active spot, Im not going to be picky.

Id like Caldwell to tell me exactly why Broyles is less of an offensive asset than that guy. (I understand needing an additional tight end, for blocking purposes.)

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It boggles my mind that Broyles isn't used.

this-is-unbelievable-o.gif

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice squad TE.

Listened on radio the whole game. I have to defend Stafford here. I complain he locks in and does not throw too anyone not named CJ or Tate. He did there and well you know the rest.

Lionstop I do listen for all things good and bad. He also had two other throws that the radio guys said he put were only Tate could catch both. So between Tate and Fuller TD. He made 3 touch passes.

I can only think when CJ comes back Stafford will be better. My big knock on Staff is he can not win without CJ. Well he is 3-1 this year. I count the two decoy games there.

CJ back take the extra guy out of the box. Seemed Saints loaded the box and made Stafford beat them.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing I loved was pressure on Bree's on last two drives and really the last one. No prevent shit.

Give Austin big kudos there.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It boggles my mind that Broyles isn't used.

this-is-unbelievable-o.gif

I have tried to search for articles and see nothing. This was before the calling out of Caldwell. One thing for sure is if he makes the best of limited snaps it forces Caldwell to use him more.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing I loved was pressure on Bree's on last two drives and really the last one. No prevent shit.

Give Austin big kudos there.

The spin move from Whatshisnuts, whose name is eluding me, (cut, then brought back, DE/OLB) was impressive.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many lookout blocks today? Seemed a few on radio. How the fuck does this OL regress this much? I know scheme is changed, but damn how do not see 330lb men beside you. Putting a fucking pad on the fucker.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford needs to throw the 15-25 yard routes to keep the safeties from cheating up and the LBs to not be so quick to jump the wheel routes and screens.

I like the fact Tate can take a 3 yard pass 75 yards but the offense needs to be more than vanilla to not loose these games.

I do like the fact the Lions won this game. In past years Brees takes the Saints down for a winning field goal. I think the team is starting to have an identity other than the same old Lions!