• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My thoughts on the game

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hadn't had the chance to sit down and watch the full game but I will say I came away pleased with the way our starting offense started out (despite what old man Cohn says).

From what I noticed last season Kaepernick in general was a slow starter and his accuracy seemed to get better as the game went on (I'm sure if he stuck to pitching he would be the type that would give up 4 runs the first two innings and be lights out the rest of the outing). But the first series all four of his passes were all right on target and maybe it was just mean or maybe it was vanilla offense vs vanilla defense but it felt like he had a tighter command of the offense and the offense seemed to flow better.

Defensively seemed par for the course but if Ian Williams is as good as we've heard in TC and in this game that will be a huge plus for our front 7 this season. If he can get push in the regular season our pass rush might be really beastly this year.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hadn't had the chance to sit down and watch the full game but I will say I came away pleased with the way our starting offense started out (despite what old man Cohn says).

From what I noticed last season Kaepernick in general was a slow starter and his accuracy seemed to get better as the game went on (I'm sure if he stuck to pitching he would be the type that would give up 4 runs the first two innings and be lights out the rest of the outing). But the first series all four of his passes were all right on target and maybe it was just mean or maybe it was vanilla offense vs vanilla defense but it felt like he had a tighter command of the offense and the offense seemed to flow better.

Defensively seemed par for the course but if Ian Williams is as good as we've heard in TC and in this game that will be a huge plus for our front 7 this season. If he can get push in the regular season our pass rush might be really beastly this year.

My hope is that he does a better job of holding the point and commanding the double team. He can definitely penetrate but can he be a space eater? I still need to see him be more stout vs. the run.

willtalk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont remember that throw? He had three passes his way. One he caught then fumbled. One behind him, and one overthrown and intercepted.

One the one that was overthrown and intercepted Jenkins took some blame for that in a post game interview. Perhaps he broke off a route? It isn't always clear why a pass seems so far off target.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
if he cut it off or slowed down not thinking it was going to him, then it is a big problem. Cant quit on a play. But passes get overthrown all the time. Well, by some QBs

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring our ability to get someone else, while Kaepernick is healthy, that 8 million looks like a lot. If Kaepernick gets hurt for the season, then that 8 million looks smaller. Not that we'd ever feel good without Kaepernick. Some would just take the loss and write off the season regardless of our backups - SB or nothing.

If Colt McCoy is your quarterback, you might as well hang it up.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont remember that throw? He had three passes his way. One he caught then fumbled. One behind him, and one overthrown and intercepted.

Early; a short throw over the middle with jenkins coming across from McCoy's left. he cut it short and the ball landed 5 yards in front of him. Jenkins saw that MLB waiting for him there and quit on the route.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If Colt McCoy is your quarterback, you might as well hang it up.

He could hold down the fort for a couple of games which is what you want from a backup but any of that top teams that lose their starter QB for an extended amount of time are pretty much hosed so we're no different.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok it was the pass behind him that he never would have caught. Nothing to do with AJ being afraid of getting hit.

Nope. It was 5 yards ahead of him and he quit on it. Craven cowardice.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could hold down the fort for a couple of games which is what you want from a backup but any of that top teams that lose their starter QB for an extended amount of time are pretty much hosed so we're no different.

Precisely. If CK goes down the Niners are in a lot of trouble. Then again, if Russell Wilson/RGIII/Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning/Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady go down so are those teams. And the Niners are probably not as bad off as those because their defense is better than most, and they have a good O line so they could at least rely on the run.

Don't bother trying to educate Nolan the Troll. I'm just here to pester him, because it's fun for me. I don't know why you guys on this board haven't banned him like we did on the SFGiants board.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if he cut it off or slowed down not thinking it was going to him, then it is a big problem. Cant quit on a play. But passes get overthrown all the time. Well, by some QBs

I re-watched that play this morning. I didn't see Jenkins pulling up. You lose him for the middle section of the route, but it's pretty brief. He didn't let up on it at the end. Regardless, the defender was right there, so even if it's not an INT it's almost certainly not a reception. It wasn't a good read by McCoy. He needed to get it in there sooner or go a different direction. I'm not exonerating Jenkins if he let up, just saying I didn't see him letting up and it was a bad read/throw by McCoy.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my least favorite kind of cowardice.

Ha! Its like saying cowardly cowardice. Must be something about those Illini boys. Wasn't that fool Brandon Lloyd, who cowered away from the pass at the goal line against the Bears and then tried to blame it on the QB, also from Illinois?