• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My thoughts on moving up

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching a lot of the current coverage leading up to the draft and I can't help but think what it would cost us to move up into the top 3(ideally to the 1st overall).

I was wondering if a package of Coburn, Read and Gusty would be a package consider for the 1st overall. Their need major help on D and on the W, I think we may need to include or interchange a pick or other prospect but I really don't see this as a bad deazl either way. The Flyers free up cap space and would be able to draft Jones while keeping their 11th(and hopefully still have Rasmus Ristolainen or Darnell Nurse available at that pick, which I doubt they would be) The Av's would get 2 capable NHL ready D-men 1 of which being a work horse, plus a speedy W good for 20+ goals a year and can play the PP and PK equally well.

I think this might also be a deal Florida would consider for the #2 but I'd only make this offer if the Av's do in fact take McKinnon 1st.

I'm also going to include a few possible deals that I got off the flyers fan page on facebook to get your guys thoughts. Maybe this is out of left field but I'm actually really excited now about the draft and FA because we have cap room and it seems management may have a new plan of attack for once(hopefully building for a year or 2 from now and not trying to force and all or nothing year for the cup).

Alos if you guys want to include you'd like to see the Flyers draft if we stay at 11 would be nice to see what the common consensus is among us real fans :suds:

Rumours

Dreger just mentioned on the NHL Network that he believes Holmgren has 2 offers he likes but they are so similar he's waiting to see if anyone kicks in more. Supposedly it's Coburn straight up to Carolina for the #5, or to Edmonton for the #7 and a 4th rounder.

Eklund (yeah I know) is saying it's Coburn and #11 to Edmonton for Paajarvi and #7.

Panaccio (whatever) is saying it's Coburn to Edmonton for their 2 second rounders.

Garrioch (spelling) is saying Calgary is offering up their 2 lower first rounders for Matt Read and our third rounder.

I think Panaccio is just clueless. However if either of Dreger's come through, and Garioch is right, we would lose Coburn and Read but wind up with 4 first round picks.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dreger "rumor" has been debunked. NHLN has been showing Stanley Cup Final reruns all day.

If we don't do Read+72nd for 22nd+28th I'll be quite angry.

I'd do Coburn, Read, and Gus for the #1, but there is no chance Colorado does.
It has been reported Calgary offered the 6th, 22nd, and 28th for the 1st but it was declined

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dreger "rumor" has been debunked. NHLN has been showing Stanley Cup Final reruns all day.

If we don't do Read+72nd for 22nd+28th I'll be quite angry.I'd do Coburn, Read, and Gus for the #1, but there is no chance Colorado does. It has been reported Calgary offered the 6th, 22nd, and 28th for the 1st but it was declined

I had heard they turned that down because they were getting no gauranteed help right now. Which is why I thought the idea of 3 NHl ready guys would be appealing because I think they fit the model Col is going to try to implement now.

Also just heard that Coburn & the 11th for Paajarvi & the 7th could be really close, I would do that in a second cause we could definitely get a good D prospect. I know that came from Ek but seen it on a few other sites.

The Read deal better be made we need to restock our prospect pool and I'd like the to have 3 picks with in 10 selections form the 1st and 2nd round as this draft is ridiculously deep.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop getting me excited guys. I fucking got to work tomorrow so I'm going to miss this draft. I'm coming down w flu like symptoms all of the sudden.:lol: