• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My thoughts on Kaepernick

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk fan here and I come in peace

I'm really surprised to see so many people turning on Kaepernick after the loss yesterday. He did make the crucial mistakes in the fourth quarter, but how much of it was his blunder and how much of it was just the defense making a great play?

The interception to Kam Chancellor...that was really bad. But the strip fumble and the final interception I don't think you can put too much blame on Kap. The defense just made two really good plays. And plus the fumble didn't result in any points anyways so that's a wash.

I thought overall Kaepernick played with poise. He was more calm and collective this time around. The past two times at the Clink he was way more rattled and it showed in his play. Gore and any other semblance of a running game was taken out by the defense, so really it was all on Kaepernick's shoulders.

The way he ran the ball was killing our defense and it opened up passing lanes for him to convert many crucial third downs. And that jump pass fire ball to boldin for the td over the out stretched arms of earl thomas...that was a beauty.

I feel like you guys have a really good quarterback on your hands. He's still young so he will improve on making reads, being more accurate, and being more consistent but this guy has "it." He doesn't shy away from the big stage. I mean what is his record in the playoffs 5-2? That's really good.

There's no need to be down on Kaepernick. The kid has talent. And I'm really looking forward to the competitive rivalry between him and Russell for years to come.

Here's to the best division in the NFL and the best two young quarterbacks in the NFC :suds:

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'm really surprised to see so many people turning on Kaepernick after the loss yesterday. He did make the crucial mistakes in the fourth quarter, but how much of it was his blunder and how much of it was just the defense making a great play?

The interception to Kam Chancellor...that was really bad. But the strip fumble and the final interception I don't think you can put too much blame on Kap. The defense just made two really good plays. And plus the fumble didn't result in any points anyways so that's a wash.

I thought overall Kaepernick played with poise. He was more calm and collective this time around. The past two times at the Clink he was way more rattled and it showed in his play. Gore and any other semblance of a running game was taken out by the defense, so really it was all on Kaepernick's shoulders.

The way he ran the ball was killing our defense and it opened up passing lanes for him to convert many crucial third downs. And that jump pass fire ball to boldin for the td over the out stretched arms of earl thomas...that was a beauty.

I feel like you guys have a really good quarterback on your hands. He's still young so he will improve on making reads, being more accurate, and being more consistent but this guy has "it." He doesn't shy away from the big stage. I mean what is his record in the playoffs 5-2? That's really good.

There's no need to be down on Kaepernick. The kid has talent. And I'm really looking forward to the competitive rivalry between him and Russell for years to come.

Here's to the best division in the NFL and the best two young quarterbacks in the NFC :suds:

Nice post, many thanks. I agree with, cannot believe how many here are ready to dump Kap. Pretty amazing. He has not even started in the league for two years. Yeah, he made some bad plays at the end of one game. It happens. I think he has more than made up for it elsewhere. And if he can get better at some of the aspects he is weak at, the sky is the limit. I would not trade him for anyone right now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaep only needs to improve his passing skills, all else are fine. NOT asking for the best NFL passer either, just a step up is huge.

just a little more consistency is huge.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks LL, I agree with you for the most part. Sherman made an unbelievable play and had the throw been a little better it would have been a TD or an INC. He could have dumped it off, but Matt Barrows of the Sac Bee said it would have only netted 3 yards. I think he will get better and I was jazzed that he didn't crumble at the beginning, he "played his ass off" as Harbaugh said.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These people are dumb asses, thats why. He is 26 years old and has been starting for less then 2 years and has gone to a SB and back 2 back NFC title games and has a better road playoff record then Montana and Young combined. The dumb assses on this board seem to forget that he has never had his full core of weapon yet until the end of this year and #15 wasnt 100% healthy. But when Crabtree returned to the lineup Kaps TD/INT ration was great. People hate on him because he isnt a drop back QB, however the only reason we were in the game against you guys was b/c of his legs and his 130 yards on 11 carries. People need to wake up and see that our OL and running game aka Frank Gore was complete shit. Gore averaged 1 yard per carry, that is pathetic. Time to move on from him, hunter would have had a ton more yards then Gore on the same amount of carries.