• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my plan to fix the skins 2019

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have our opinions and theory of how to improve or compete next year so here goes mine with a few holes to fill:

*Cut the following players:

V. Davis (5m), Z. Brown (5.75m), S. McGee (2.275m), M. Foster (2m) = roughly $15m savings.

*Restructure the following player:
A. Smith (9m) defer this to '20, '21

*Trade the following player:
J. Reed (3rd in '19 & conditional 7th in '20)

*Resign the following players:
T. Nsekhe (OT)
A. Peterson (RB)
J. Cooper (G)
B. Marshall (RB)

*FA Signings:
T. Eifert (TE)
T. Montgomery (WR, RB)
D. Bucannon (S)

*Draft the following players:
Rd 1, pick 20, (Steelers trade) D. Jones (Duke)
Rd 2, pick 46, Ximines, OLB (ODU)
Rd 2, pick 52, Love, CB, (ND)
Rd 3, pick , McLaurin, WR, (OSU)
Rd 3, pick , Brumfield, G, (IN)
Rd 5, pick, , Marshall, CB, USC
Rd 6, pick, , Sternberger, TE, IA
Rd 7, pick, , Pratt, ILB, NCST

Offense: 25
QB: Jones, McCoy, Johnson (3)
RB: Guice, Peterson, Thompson, Marshall (4)
WR: Doctson, McLaurin, Montgomery, Quinn, Richardson, Simms (6)
TE: Eifert, Sprinkle, Sternberger (3)
OL: Williams, Brumfield, Rollier, Sherff, Moses, Cooper, Neskhe, Catalina, Bergstrom

Defense: 25
DL: Allen, Payne, Ionaidis, Settle, Brantley, FA (6)
OLB: Ximines, Kerrigan, Anderson, FA (4)
ILB: Hamilton, Pratt, ( ), ( ) (4)
CB: Dunbar, Norman, Moreau, Love, Marshall, Stroman (6)
S: Bucannon, JHC, Alexander, Nicholson, Everett, (5)

ST: 3
LS: Eastman (1)
K: Hopkins (1)
P: Way (1)
not bad , i dont think you get 2 picks for reed nor do you get jones at 20

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not bad , i dont think you get 2 picks for reed nor do you get jones at 20
Jones getting a lot of noise right now but clearly he is 4th QB likely taken. Given the needs right below us at 15, the Steelers look like a team wanting to move up and get their guy. I could only hope it plays out this way. Would be a win-win. As for Reed, maybe not but that's where I start. He will be valuable enough to some team who will pay a 3rd for Jordan Reed.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones getting a lot of noise right now but clearly he is 4th QB likely taken. Given the needs right below us at 15, the Steelers look like a team wanting to move up and get their guy. I could only hope it plays out this way. Would be a win-win. As for Reed, maybe not but that's where I start. He will be valuable enough to some team who will pay a 3rd for Jordan Reed.
If we let him go , then we will need a TE
We would have. Sprinkle , and. 2. FA’s holtz and flanigan
Not good

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good
No, my scenario has Eifert as our #1, Sprinkle and the drafted Sternberger. Pretty good group I think plus the 3rd round pick in return.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good
And, if we let Reed go for a 3rd, that's more production from a player we have seen less and less of over the past few years. Reed for a 3rd rounder doesn't take much thought.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, if we let Reed go for a 3rd, that's more production from a player we have seen less and less of over the past few years. Reed for a 3rd rounder doesn't take much thought.
it does if we hold on to him for another year

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good

We will still need a TE because Reed can’t stay healthy if you 5row the ball to him or let him go out on routes.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on to him another year and cut him with a more friendly cap hit
So pay him top dollar, have him play in 8-10 games then cut him with no compensation? I'll take a 3rd rounder this year thank you.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pay him top dollar, have him play in 8-10 games then cut him with no compensation? I'll take a 3rd rounder this year thank you.
Good luck getting the 3rd rounder for the stiff you make reed out to be . You think another team will pay him “top dollar “ and give up a 3rd rounder for 8 - 10 games when you yourself won’t pay it ? But the other team is stupid and will ?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck getting the 3rd rounder for the stiff you make reed out to be . You think another team will pay him “top dollar “ and give up a 3rd rounder for 8 - 10 games when you yourself won’t pay it ? But the other team is stupid and will ?
No way have I painted Reed out to be a stiff, that's your dumb talk dad. Reed has the best hands of any TE in the league an all though health has been an issue, he will be healthy coming into this year. So yeah, definitely a 3rd rounder for Reed. Me myself, not gambling on a year of 16 full games from Reed. I will let someone else make that gamble and guess what, they will. That's how talented Reed is.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way have I painted Reed out to be a stiff, that's your dumb talk dad. Reed has the best hands of any TE in the league an all though health has been an issue, he will be healthy coming into this year. So yeah, definitely a 3rd rounder for Reed. Me myself, not gambling on a year of 16 full games from Reed. I will let someone else make that gamble and guess what, they will. That's how talented Reed is.

So why would another team give up a 3rd rounder and pay top dollar to gamble he will play 16 games when you won’t ?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why would another team give up a 3rd rounder and pay top dollar to gamble he will play 16 games when you won’t ?
C'mon dad, its the NFL. Reed's talent is too much to pass on.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get a few more posters (Sty, JY, Sportster, SoCal, Dean, GK) just to name a few to post their 2019 plan moving forward. As we know, there is no 2019 fix,but a plan moving forward is what were looking for. The pathway to success is endless...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon dad, its the NFL. Reed's talent is too much to pass on.
Then why are we passing on it ? See skinz you are advocating us to get rid of our best receiver on the team and trot out sprinkle holtz and flanigan as our TE. Corp . You are saying his talent isn’t worth it for this team and yet another team would scoop that up for a 3rd rounder ? And take the risks we won’t won’t play 16 at his salary ? And this makes us better ? No GM is dumb enough to give up that knowing they A)have us in a pickle B) our team thinks he is in decline and is not worth the gamble he plays 16 . That doesn’t sound realistic at all

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why are we passing on it ? See skinz you are advocating us to get rid of our best receiver on the team and trot out sprinkle holtz and flanigan as our TE. Corp . You are saying his talent isn’t worth it for this team and yet another team would scoop that up for a 3rd rounder ? And take the risks we won’t won’t play 16 at his salary ? And this makes us better ? No GM is dumb enough to give up that knowing they A)have us in a pickle B) our team thinks he is in decline and is not worth the gamble he plays 16 . That doesn’t sound realistic at all
Ok, while you hold on to Reed another year, see how that works out for you. I vote to trade him now while we are able to get value in return (draft pick compensation). Would you prefer to hold onto all aging vets with health concerns or at the very least, see what you can fetch in return? We know you prefer to hold on to them now. That's not good business which is all the NFL is.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plan for 2019

Trent Williams- trade. His base salaries of 11 million and 12.5 million are a bargain for the talent. Perhaps Minnesota will give up a second to protect KC, or some other team that can’t protect. At worst, you will get a third and throw in a performance based pick in case he is a pro- bowler. This saves us 9 million this year and 14 million next year...off the books.

Josh Norman- trade. I think you can get at least a fifth rounder for him, but I would rather a sixth or seventh rounder with an escalator to a second rounder in the event he makes the PB. His salaries of 11 and 12 million would make him a possibility for a team that is close. This saves 8 and 11.5 million off the cap the next two seasons.

Ryan Kerrigan- trade. His salaries of 10.5 and 11.5 are a bargain for a guaranteed double digit sack guy. This saves 10.5 and 11.5 million off the cap the next two seasons. I think a third rounder is very reasonable but I do like escalators for great players.

Jordan Reed- trade. There is a wide area on what he brings in a trade. This saves us 6, 10.3, and 9 million over the next three seasons.

Zach Brown- cut or trade. This saves us 6 and 9 million against the cap.

Vernon Davis- cut. Saves 5 million against the cap.

McGee- cut. Saves 2, 5.8, and 6.3 million against caps.

Mason Foster- cut. Saves 2 million.

This saves us 120 million in cap space over the next three years. Alex Smith will likely be eating up 40-60 million of that space depending on when we cut him. Maybe he can pass a physical before the 2020 season and can be cut then. If he can’t, his 2020 salary is guaranteed and he costs us the full 60 million.

FIRE BRUCE ALLEN because his dumb ass has crippled our cap, AGAIN. Promote the best man to GM internally within the organization.

Likely fire Jay Gruden after the 2019 season, so our future coach can choose his 2020 draft QB.

Take care of Scherff. Try to resign our own young players like Kyle Fuller (oops, he isn’t on this team). I meant Preston Smith, but don’t chase players with middling talent.

Now for FA...we have to be very picky and it won’t be pretty. Only sign top tier guys who are 26 or younger, and cheap players to fix our cap. Sink or swim with what we have.

Take BPA in the draft. Don’t be against taking a QB in the second or third round, with the plan being to take a QB high in 2020. Maybe the 2019 QB will yield dividends in a trade after his second season.

This is the beginning of undoing years of madness and building the right way. It will likely be year three before we recover from the AS debacle.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other teams aren’t having to eat 60 million in cap hits for a single player, that won’t take the field the next two seasons, at the most expensive position in football.