• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my plan to fix the skins 2019

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) the FO needs to decide what type of team we are going to be . . we have been rudderless for 20 plus years . are we going to try to win or are we going to be a sideshow ?

A) assuming we want to win then we need to get brucifer out of football decisions . no good coach or GM wants to come to this circus . keep doug at his current position . truthfully i think he has done well . make draft guru kyle smith your GM . make schafer your president of football ops and either fire brucifer , or put him in charge of non football operations
B ) move on from callahan , and manusky . callahan is killing our o/lineman with an overload of work and manusky isnt the guy you want . bowles is my first choice
C ) no damn tanking !!! it isnt fair to gruden , the players , or the fans . and judging by this board there is no patience for another rebuild
D) identify your corp young talent . guice , quinn , foster , SDH , rollier , sherff allen payne FM dunny , nicholson maybe even dix and build from there

next lets look at position groups

QB ) i think mccoy , and CDC are what you are stuck with . you bring the mediorce JJ back till smith get ready but you have 3 qbs you can draft (realistically ) Lock , Jones and Greir . the 1st 2 are 1st rounders and maybe greir is 2nd round . you have to understand that these guys are realistically avg starters to good BU's . you have to also understand they have warts . now for CDC , if you pup him its week 6 till you get him . and when you get him , you get him with no snaps in OTas , mini camps or preseason . now if you are into honest no hate assessments lets say his poor play was because of a new offense , and new play makers . this will also be an issue in 19 . now for colt . he gives us a chance to be competitive since he knows the offense and players

RB ) Guice will move into the feature back role . i think you try to resign AD and you go with CT . i look to draft CT's replacement . He cant stay healthy . i dont like marshal and perine is on his last chance
WR) they suck , i keep DOX one more year , crowder if he isnt expensive , quinn simms . i bring davis back and i draft like a MFer . got ti find a playmaker
o/line) , we know 4 of the starters but we have to draft a OG who can plug and play . could be 2nd or 3rd round
TE keep reed sprinkle flanigan and holtz . if you cut reed then holtz has to be the pass catcher or you have to spend a draft pick ona TE ( one of the 3rd rounders i think )

on defense we have to figure what scheme we are playing . assuming 3-4 here is how i go
D/line ) keep allen , payne , ionman , settle , brantley and draft a d/lineman late . i cut mcgee
ILB ) start RF , and SDH , keep JHC keep mason (gag) or draft an ILB later . if i could i would cut mason and brown. i have watched horrible film on them
OLB RK cassonova are keepers , we are stuck with anderson the bust but we need to draft one , perhaps in round one definitely in top 3 rounds
CB) keep FM dunny , JN , smith and stroman and draft a guy late again
SAFETY ) i think you try to retain dix , his film shows he was covering up for poor ILB play . doubt it happens because of price . you keep nich , hope apke makes a jump and i move adonnis alexander over to safety if you lose dix keep everette and we will have to draft a guy

now for the draft , i think we need a playmaker early and hope to draft a qb in round 2 . te and OG in round 3

i go for franchise qb in 2020 and hope the guy we draft this year is a great BU or avg starter . hope to see decent responses

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a good plan .. i would cut wr davis , get a new OC ,and DC,

Draft a qb with first pick or olineman in summary retool the lines get a qb new oc and dc we be good

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to manusky , 15th in points 17thin yards +7 turnover margin and 26 takeaways generated . Way better then last season and about middle of the pack like I predicted during the off season

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Snyder ONLY made sure to get #1 accomplished, there would be joy throughout the land. Birds would sing again and that very dark cloud would change into a much lighter shade of grey. I'll bet that there just might be a few fans leaning in with a bit more interest in what happens next. Unfortunately, Snyder can't rid himself of Allen so there will be compromise that gives us someone else in charge of football operations and Allen remaining in the building albeit in the business office.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell would be the last on my list of people to ask to fix the Skins.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I put the opinion out there just the same

I see that, just saying I wouldn't consider his opinion much. That is my opinion. He was on the radio tonight when I wass driving home. Ragging on the Redskin front office for signing Foster. He has been mad at the Redskins ever since Allen wanted him fired from the other sports talk show. Just telling it like it is too dad. :noidea:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? (former employee?)

I have listened to Russell for years. First on 106.7 the Fan, then ESPN980 and now back to the Fan. I have never thought he had a good knowledge base and many people call him out on it. He whines about how everyone says he knows nothing but he is right most times. It has always been my contention that because you can talk on TV or radio or are a writer it does not mean you know the sport. Remember Tony Kornhiser on Monday night football, great writer. Lousy in a football booth.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should say that I don't think dad should hesitate to post his stuff. I gave my opinion only. Everyone is free to interpret however they want and I believe that is why dad posts articles so we can all have access to them. Damned nice of him.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we get from where we are now to where we want to be with a year or 2? I dont see how its possible.

We need a QB badly, and there are really no options to fix that this offseason.

The QBs in this draft are pretty underwhelming and/or unrealistic solutions.

On top of that the only real young talent is the DL and Scherff.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we get from where we are now to where we want to be with a year or 2? I dont see how its possible.

draft smartly , use free agency smartly , trade smartly

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft smartly , use free agency smartly , trade smartly

Sure thats easy to SAY, but how do we execute that?

Where do we get our QB?
Where do we upgrade our WRs?
Where do we find a pass rusher?
Where do we find a safety?
Where do we find a CB?
Who is our DC?

Lets just say we get lucky and draft a stud WR in the first round and a startable pass rusher in the 2nd.

That still leaves us with a middling team with no QB and holes in the secondary.

And people like Kerrigan, Trent, and Norman are getting up there.

As much as I hate to say it, I dont see how we'll get better without getting worse first.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that our best players are getting some age. Most of our FAs have been bad. The drafts have been so-so. We also let guys that we should have kept walk, they trade giving away a draft pick and a good player for a QB that they decided to overpay. There is little to hang your hat on when it comes to our FO and ownership.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We accept the hand that has been dealt. We build. You start by trading good 30 year old players, accepting a shit season, and hire good coordinators.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you draft some good players in this draft , you make smart FA choices , and you get the qb in 2020

we have been hovering around 500 since year 2 of gruden . the team has moved up from doormat to mediocre.

could take 2 years to be perennial playoff contender

4th or 5th round picks arent typically going to get you star players you are lucky if you get quality back ups . i am not sure the cap hits are worth it at this time

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except their reasoning is that of a child who refuses to accept their families fate when the parents split up.
GK teams arent going to tank and JG isnt going to preside over a fire sale so his replacement will benefit