• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my plan for the rest of the season

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one thing to note this in this game tonight is how Shanahan attacked Parsons. That kid never knew where it was coming from next ..... total domination for SF.
More so, did you see the pockets purdy was throwing from? Night and day from what Howell has to deal with each snap.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plan for the remainder of the season:

Fire Ron Rivera and promote EB to HC. RR has made it abundantly clear he is not a leader with his halftime comments about not talking to the team. EB is what an undisciplined team needs. This team needs a HC who keeps players accountable for the small errors.

Immediately bench Wylie and Gates for Lucas and Stromberg.

Call Taylor Lewan, Rodney Hudson, and Justin Britt to find out what their statuses are. I would also look to bring in La’el Collins.

For reference, our OL grades as the following via PFF:
Charles Leno 74.2
Saadiq Charles 61.7
Nick Gates 62.8
Sam Cosmi 73.0
Andrew Wylie 65.3

Bench Cody Barton (38 pff) and give Hudson a chance. Also call Denver and see if we can steal Drew Sanders for Barton and a third rounder.in 2024. Sanders was a third rounder in 2023.

Put Forbes back in but understand he lacks the size to defend big WRs.

Start preparing a list of GM candidates starting with Alec Halaby and Adam Peters.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plan for the remainder of the season:

Fire Ron Rivera and promote EB to HC. RR has made it abundantly clear he is not a leader with his halftime comments about not talking to the team. EB is what an undisciplined team needs. This team needs a HC who keeps players accountable for the small errors.

Immediately bench Wylie and Gates for Lucas and Stromberg.

Call Taylor Lewan, Rodney Hudson, and Justin Britt to find out what their statuses are. I would also look to bring in La’el Collins.

For reference, our OL grades as the following via PFF:
Charles Leno 74.2
Saadiq Charles 61.7
Nick Gates 62.8
Sam Cosmi 73.0
Andrew Wylie 65.3

Bench Cody Barton (38 pff) and give Hudson a chance. Also call Denver and see if we can steal Drew Sanders for Barton and a third rounder.in 2024. Sanders was a third rounder in 2023.

Put Forbes back in but understand he lacks the size to defend big WRs.

Start preparing a list of GM candidates starting with Alec Halaby and Adam Peters.
This is actually a really good plan the more I think about it.
I am afraid Rivera is going to try to be active at the deadline because he knows it's about over for him. He might as well swing for the fences.
I think Rivera needs to go sooner than later. The attitudes of the players themselves have changed by watching their interviews. The fact that Rivera didn't even really talk to the team at halftime is laughable. Does anyone besides Dean want him still here?
I agree with skinsdad in that it's about howell now. This crap about sneaking in the playoffs and upsetting is just dumb. I am afraid howell will get severally injured if the sacks continue. It is bound to happen.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 6 mil in cap space , that’s the issue and trying to salvage a transition season that wont result in a superbowl win . By signing any of the FA’S all you are doing is eating up resources for the next regime . To do what ? Win 9 games ? Finish 3rd In the NFC east ? Only sign someone if there is an injury

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 6 mil in cap space , that’s the issue and trying to salvage a transition season that wont result in a superbowl win . By signing any of the FA’S all you are doing is eating up resources for the next regime . To do what ? Win 9 games ? Finish 3rd In the NFC east ? Only sign someone if there is an injury
Exactly. Don’t over react. This is a transition year. Don’t waste all your ammo on false expectations.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Don’t over react. This is a transition year. Don’t waste all your ammo on false expectations.
Agreed on not panicking

At some point though, Rivera will do more harm than good.
He is putting howell in danger for no reason by not pulling him in blowout. If EB is making that decision, I stand corrected.

Also, his philosophy of being a coach that only gets involved when things are in fire will take its toll. His halftime comments were appalling.

I would keep Mayhew as the GM for day to day stuff and promote EB to head coach

Then, after the season, install the GM.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on not panicking

At some point though, Rivera will do more harm than good.
He is putting howell in danger for no reason by not pulling him in blowout. If EB is making that decision, I stand corrected.

Also, his philosophy of being a coach that only gets involved when things are in fire will take its toll. His halftime comments were appalling.

I would keep Mayhew as the GM for day to day stuff and promote EB to head coach

Then, after the season, install the GM.
EB needs to have a game plan that offers Howell protection. That could involve RPOs, screens, max protection, etc. get him in space and let his athleticism take over. while I agree EB is the next HC, he needs to focus this year solely on implementing his offense and working with Sam. It’s too soon to take him off that task.
if we need to see changes this season, fire del rio.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never know how the new coach will react to the current players,so i would do anything cap wise.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF has very good everything. I can see them going 15-2 or better n romping through the playoffs if everyone stays injury-free.
snyder pissed what little chance he had with making shannahan and mcvie being head coaches here.truly terrible as his tenure as owner.harris not doing anything towards thesuffering fans by not complaing abotout thirsday nights play either.only made remarks about falling ticket sales.don,t blame the fans cause i would,nt pay to see an awful team either

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me ask! Let’s say that we clean house at the end of the season..what head coach, GM and defensive coordinator would y’all want or prefer??
I can't name any names, but the quality I'd like to see most in the GM is talent evaluator. Far as coaches go. The ability to maximize the talent of the players he has to work with. As well as the ability to come up with schemes/play-calling and to adjust on the fly. I'd like to see a position coach actually make a player or unit he's coaching better. I wanna see a DL coach who can bring out all this talent a DL with 4 #1 picks supposedly has.

I'm so tired of seeing square block schemes trying to fit round hole concepts. Robinson is averaging a little over 13 carries a game 67 carries total. The next leading ball carrier after him is Howell with 15 carries total. Terry Mac is averaging 10.4 yards per catch and 52 rec yards per game. The 52 yards per game is leading the team. Dotson is averaging under 9 yards per catch. I wanna see a punt ret TD n a FG kicker who can be depended on to make important FGs.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
snyder pissed what little chance he had with making shannahan and mcvie being head coaches here.truly terrible as his tenure as owner.harris not doing anything towards thesuffering fans by not complaing abotout thirsday nights play either.only made remarks about falling ticket sales.don,t blame the fans cause i would,nt pay to see an awful team either
I don't blame Harris for keeping one eye on ticket sales. I do blame RR n JDR n EB for the team coming out flat the way they did. I also blame the players as well. This is at least the 2nd time players spoke out to the fans about coming out to support the team. And the 2nd time the players played like hot dog shit. The 1st time being the 2nd game against the Giants last year.

And in fairness to Harris listening to some of the things RR has said this year and last year even as well. I think he's mentally checked out.

Talking about Sam Howell. I remember when Wentz got hurt last year against Chicago and I as well as as others said start Howell. Cuz we knew Taylor was too limited physically. But if not for Taylor, RR wouldn't have started Howell against Dallas last year either.

Pat McAfee is 100% on point about this. And the 8-8-1 and they win the SB with 40 of our 53 players remark. I don't think RR should be cut loose until the end of the year, but its almost as if he's forcing the issue to happen sooner rather than later. And if it does. EB would be the logical choice. It might not be the chance EB envisioned, but it could be the only chance he gets. If so, I hope he makes it count.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rr checked out last year against the browns.he just seems to have mentally lost it then.eb would be logical choice to replace him,but the team has,nt been logical in years in anything they,ve done.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rr checked out last year against the browns.he just seems to have mentally lost it then.eb would be logical choice to replace him,but the team has,nt been logical in years in anything they,ve done.
That's funny cuz its true........................its also sad, frustrating, maddening n at times seems never-ending.

Though I think there's finally light up a head.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny cuz its true........................its also sad, frustrating, maddening n at times seems never-ending.

Though I think there's finally light up a head.
I hope...i.hope.

There is momentum now to make that change at the end of the year.
I am worried that Rivera will go on his annual run and confuse harris.
I am hoping harris seems the obvious....a GM is needed asap

If Rivera does get 10 wins and Harris wants to keep him, he has to understand that Rivera the GM stays as well. That can't happen.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope...i.hope.

There is momentum now to make that change at the end of the year.
I am worried that Rivera will go on his annual run and confuse harris.
I am hoping harris seems the obvious....a GM is needed asap

If Rivera does get 10 wins and Harris wants to keep him, he has to understand that Rivera the GM stays as well. That can't happen.
You think that team that played last Thursday is going to go 8-4?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that team that played last Thursday is going to go 8-4?
Look it wouldn’t be RR if he didn’t make Duke pull his hair out on the way to dullsville