• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Pick In The Draft....

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 70.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 team Affiliate league where we keep 10 players. Have to have 6 Affiliate players when the draft is over, not a concern right now. I have D-Backs and my keepers are: * = D-Backs

C Lucroy
1B
2B Segura
3B
SS Semien
LF Duvall
CF
RF **Tomas
UT LeMahieu
SP **Greinke
SP **Bradley
SP **Ray
SP McHugh

I know my pitching is weak. It is a extended draft so I have 12 hours to decide. Available players..

A-Gon and Davis @ 1B....Solarte and Rendon @ 3B....Adam Jones, Ozuna, and Grichuk @ CF...Steven Wright, Estrada, Iwakuma, and Santana @ SP.

Who would give me the most bang out of these guys? Solarte hit 15 HR's in only 109 games but it is San Diego. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your bench sizes and number of pitchers used?

Preliminary thoughts: If you are only starting 9 batters, your 16 team league isn't actually a deep league which makes your offense even weaker than compared to a typical 16 team league. You already know your pitching is weak, so you have your work cut out for you. If those are your top options to switch out some of your keepers you are in a tough spot. Did you take over the team from a different owner? The D-backs are a tough affiliate to have to begin with, and then if the true top 10 fantasy relevant talent they have isn't even available for you to keep....wow, I don't envy you at all! You're in a pretty tough spot.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grichuk. He has 30-10 potential.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grichuk. He has 30-10 potential.

It's not sexy, but I think he has to keep Adam Jones before Grichuk. Hopefully his league is a BA league and not OBP, although I think Adam Jones BA drops even a bit lower than it's been trending, maybe down to .275 so I can see the desire to potentially go with an upside play. I just think Jones will still be the better fantasy player this year, and I don't see long term Grichuk as being a must keep. I know other people like his potential upside more than me though...

Brock, with your rules, does Segura count as an affiliate due to last season? Otherwise you are going to have to still find two more D-backs worthy of keeping! Yikes! lol

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not sexy, but I think he has to keep Adam Jones before Grichuk. Hopefully his league is a BA league and not OBP, although I think Adam Jones BA drops even a bit lower than it's been trending, maybe down to .275 so I can see the desire to potentially go with an upside play. I just think Jones will still be the better fantasy player this year, and I don't see long term Grichuk as being a must keep. I know other people like his potential upside more than me though...

Brock, with your rules, does Segura count as an affiliate due to last season? Otherwise you are going to have to still find two more D-backs worthy of keeping! Yikes! lol

Not for me... Jones is on my bust list this year. I believe he is done as a fantasy commodity.

...but yes, I am one of those that see more in Grichuk than what might be there. Also, he will not be CF next season, so that may change OP's thoughts.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 70.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 man rosters 9 hitters, 5 starters, 2 relievers...so that leaves 9 bench. Segura is not D-Back eligible. Scoring is BA not OBP. The original list were my keepers. We are into the draft now. I can draft the required affiliate players later.