• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my observations

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st team run defense was awful . poor tackling poor angles
as bad as the run defense was the pass rush was great
on offense KC looked very good . davis did well and people hankerson came up big . a little disappointed in robby though but its the 1st preseason game

helu sealed up the # 2 rb job

i like what morgan did and what paulson did

our young secondary held its own in pass defense but tackling was awful in the run game

penalties were a huge setbacks unforced errors

the 2nd team o/line looked very good to me . compton held his own . ribeye had some costly penalties and one cost a TD

briscoe is cutting himself . lewis almost made a huge leap . dawson had a nice PR

Rex looked very good and pat white was better then advertised
royster did well
jamison not playing was disappointing as was thompson

punting was mundane :suds:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on offense KC looked very good . davis did well and people hankerson came up big . a little disappointed in robby though but its the 1st preseason game

our young secondary held its own in pass defense but tackling was awful in the run game

the 2nd team o/line looked very good to me . compton held his own . ribeye had some costly penalties and one cost a TD

briscoe is cutting himself . lewis almost made a huge leap . dawson had a nice PR

royster did well

I'm sure the rookies had the jitters...I bet game 2 will be cleaner. I don't believe we had any vets in the secondary during CJ's TD run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to make a mention for Minnifield as well. He played well in man coverage, and came up with some good tackles

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHASE MINNIFIELD MAKES THIS TEAM

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHASE MINNIFIELD MAKES THIS TEAM

Assuming he can stay healthy, I agree. I thought Amerson also had a good game. I can see a bright future with those 2 guys as our CBs.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt that Chase has the talent to make the team. Always been about whether he could recover from the micro fracture. Which is always tricky. Never know how that's going to go. I think Chase could eventually be a starting caliber corner for us. With his health being the only thing that would keep that from happening.

I'm still concerned with our safeties, bigtime actually. With Meriweather out, Thomas injured... We may be starting the season with Doughty at SS. And Rambo at FS.

Not going to judge Rambo based on last night. Terrible game for him though.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive Line

‏@DanGrazianoESPN
It was a mixed night for the backup offensive linemen. The Redskins say their depth is much improved there, but the guys they hope are their future remain unproven. Tom Compton started at left tackle and had a mixed night. There were times he was beaten inside or outside. But a quick throw or a running back helped him. But I also saw Compton knock a guy off his path and then recover on a spin move to the inside, which gave him fits last summer. At first glance, Compton seemed more consistent in the run game. Josh LeRibeus, a third-round pick in 2012, did not distinguish himself. He allowed pressure to his outside and has a tendency to get himself in trouble when he lunges. That led to two pressures. He needs to play better if he wants to become a starter someday; nobody knows that more than he does. On first glance right guard Adam Gettis seemed to do OK. It helped that in the fourth quarter quarterback Pat White could scramble to avoid pressure. He showed poise and made plays, though I worry about how advanced he is as a passer. Still, it was a good showing for a guy who looked really bad two months ago.

NFC East Blog - ESPN

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

royster did well

Agreed, the run defense was poor and a concern. Why? We are slow up front which includes Fletcher & Riley. Too much over pursuit, poor angles and poor tackling. I'm sorry but thinking Riley is not any where near Pro Bowl level yet if he ever will be.

Not so fast with Helu all though coming off injury, I was impressed. Want to see both Thompson & Jamison though.

As for the WR, I want to see more of Lewis. Great catch nullified by dumb penalty. Briscoe is gone if one of the young guys can step up anyways.

OL looked decent. LeRiebus is sealing his own fate. Hurt is much better at this stage.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was actually @john_keim ... didnt realize he was working the NFC East blog.

Anyone know why it is not possible to edit posts after 5 minutes ?

Keim just started working for ESPN a few weeks ago as the Redskins team blogger. Graziano is still the NFC East guy.

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, the run defense was poor and a concern. Why? We are slow up front which includes Fletcher & Riley. Too much over pursuit, poor angles and poor tackling. I'm sorry but thinking Riley is not any where near Pro Bowl level yet if he ever will be.

Not so fast with Helu all though coming off injury, I was impressed. Want to see both Thompson & Jamison though.

As for the WR, I want to see more of Lewis. Great catch nullified by dumb penalty. Briscoe is gone if one of the young guys can step up anyways.

OL looked decent. LeRiebus is sealing his own fate. Hurt is much better at this stage.

Let's not forget that we had players out Barry Cofield didn't even play, how did Philip Merling look?

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merling looked good for the most part. Had one bad play but made a few positive ones.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merling looked good for the most part. Had one bad play but made a few positive ones.
he got credited with a sack . i think one offside penalty was his only real bad play