• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My New Mock - Bored

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at this. I just rebuilt are entire line.

1619794110888.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how Dalman is rated well, but never equates out to higher than a C+ no matter where you take him...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta ask - is your randomness on high? Lots of guys falling well below where I would expect them - especially Milton Williams, Green, and Cooper....
Biggest one to me was Jenkins falling to the 3rd round. Never gonna happen. We would be lucky as hell to see him fall to #38. I think we need to move up.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest one to me was Jenkins falling to the 3rd round. Never gonna happen. We would be lucky as hell to see him fall to #38. I think we need to move up.
Not wasting draft capital when there are going to be some really good OL picks for them.

If the run on OL had happened - I'd consider it - but right now, they are almost guaranteed to get a guy who can plug and play at OG and offer flexibility at OT as well.

Really, the board broke about as perfect as it could for them in round 1.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not wasting draft capital when there are going to be some really good OL picks for them.

If the run on OL had happened - I'd consider it - but right now, they are almost guaranteed to get a guy who can plug and play at OG and offer flexibility at OT as well.

Really, the board broke about as perfect as it could for them in round 1.
I think Teven is a difference maker.

He was rated the #1 RT on run plays over the last couple years. Ranked #2 in NCAA at RT on pass protection in that same period. Because of the style of offense he is in, you didn't see him getting nearly as many opportunities. I want quality over quantity right now and with him still being available, I consider it.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was rated the #1 RT on run plays over the last couple years. Ranked #2 in NCAA at RT on pass protection in that same period. Because of the style of offense he is in, you didn't see him getting nearly as many opportunities. I want quality over quantity right now and with him still being available, I consider it.
As you stated, He also wasn't as well tested in passing plays, according to his draft stock report. For an OL that needs to protect the QB - I'd say that's not question mark you'd like to have.

I like Jenkins - I'm not trading up to get him.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you stated, He also wasn't as well tested in passing plays, according to his draft stock report. For an OL that needs to protect the QB - I'd say that's not question mark you'd like to have.

I like Jenkins - I'm not trading up to get him.
True enough. But for the amount he did take, overall he ranked #2 in college football over the last 3 years in pass protection. Has to account for something. The 49ers just took a QB that threw 318 college passes an North Dakota State #3 overall after trading away multiple picks to move up and get him. It isn't unheard of. But you are right about one thing, not Bengals MO.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had to circle back around on this since I know your love for Jenkins knew no bounds, and was a big reason for a skill position player with the 1st pick...apparently it was pretty well known his back was going to be a major issue, and sure enough - it is already a major issue.

Sometimes we don't know what we don't know.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to circle back around on this since I know your love for Jenkins knew no bounds, and was a big reason for a skill position player with the 1st pick...apparently it was pretty well known his back was going to be a major issue, and sure enough - it is already a major issue.

Steelers knew, and passed. Cincy may hve too!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had no idea. Glad we have Jackson Carmen as our 3rd string RG instead. Sucks. I am not upset with our draft, just wish we had as everyone said taking one more sure fired guard in FA that we didn't have to work so hard to fill all the holes on the oline. Hopefully Pollack can convert these lovable losers into a strong core. But I doubt it happens within the first 4 to 6 games.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had no idea. Glad we have Jackson Carmen as our 3rd string RG instead. Sucks. I am not upset with our draft, just wish we had as everyone said taking one more sure fired guard in FA that we didn't have to work so hard to fill all the holes on the oline. Hopefully Pollack can convert these lovable losers into a strong core. But I doubt it happens within the first 4 to 6 games.

Hey now.... Enough of the negativity. At least we didn't select a 2nd round gunner for ST this year.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we saw this train wreck forming a mile away. But the Bengals front office didn't, or they didn't care.

it's a business, as long as someone buys into the brand, and tickets are sold, it's profitable.

but, we won't know for sure until they play the games. preseason is not a good indicator of regular season success.
statistically, possibly it is, but in general, it just doesn't mean much.