• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My issues with this team.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You say I was owned. We were ranked #10 in "total defense" but 18 in PPG (a more important stat)

Here are the starters Shanahan inherited kind of:

Carlos Rogers: Good starter but we couldn't afford to keep him after 2010.

Albert Haynesworth: Benched because he couldn't pass a physical and only played 8 games. He played very little in 2011 and was out of the league in 2012.

Rocky McIntosh: Started 15 games for Shanahan in 2010. On a different team each season since (part-time starter)

Reed Doughty: Started a little more than half the games in 2009 and a little more than half the games each year since. Most of you complain about him every time so don't act like it's a great inheritance.

Laron Landry: Has been injured about half of every year except last year with the Jets. Was healthy for all 2009.

Chris Horton: Part time starter in 2009 (5 games). Out of the league in 2011.

Phillip Daniels: Starter in 2009 at age 37. Out of the league in 2011.

Cornelius Griffin: Retired after 2009 season. Starter in 2009.

Kareem Moore: Didn't start in 2009 but was forced to start in 2010 for Shanahan in 11 games. Out of the league in 2011.

Fred Smoot: Started 5 games in 2009...out of the league in 2010.

Andre Carter: Started all games in 2009 but struggled in 2010 and was benched. So a benching for poor play, not a great inheritance. Had a decent year in 2011 with NE and nothing since because he's old.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me explain this to you:

Of our starters in 2009, Cornelius Griffin retired before 2010 and Fred Smoot was out of the league before 2010.

From there, Shanahan inherited a full-time starter that was 37 and out of the league after one more year.

His most talented interior DL was a head case and out of the league by 2011 after being a nonfactor by 2010.

The safety position he inherited didn't have a full-time starter because the only talented one was injured. Two of the players were out of the league by 2011. The other is still on the team and most on here do nothing but bitch about him.

Another corner we couldn't afford to keep after 2010.

One ILB has done nothing since.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on that top ten defense you claim, the only quality players he inherited were:

LFB: Pro-bowler in this system...time to retire though.

DHALL: Has gotten better with age.

RAK: Pro-bowler in this system.

That is the only quality he inherited...that's it. From there, we have had to contend with 36 million in penalties. So look deeper and you will see...

SHANAHAN did not inherit a top ten defense.

OWNED :suds:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i said, if we lose one more game, you will see Rak not playing as much. We have to evaluate the talent we have so we can determine what we do with Rak. We know what we have in him. We don't know what kind of drop off we get if we go with Jackson and Jenkins, if any. We need to know that. This doesn't mean that Rak doesn't start or that he doesn't play the majority of snaps. What it means is that we use some of our young talent to evaluate them so we can prioritize our off season acquisitions.

we do know what the drop off is. we saw it last season with less sacks less pressures less qb hits

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice attempt to spin that. A for effort. Next time you question me, do your homework gkekoa.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice attempt to spin that. A for effort. Next time you question me, do your homework gkekoa.
doesnt look like a top ten defense to me

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How was it a top ten defense when we lost two starters and were 18th in scoring defense? I already proved you are my bitch so get a clue.:lol:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with a brain would know the NFL doesn't judge defenses by PPG. Teams turn the ball over in their own redzone all the time. This would inflate a defenses PPG unfairly. Thus the league bases defensive rankings on YPG. How successful was the other team in moving the ball down the field on your team? That is a more accurate yardstick. That is why the NFL uses that type of measurement when ranking defenses. The FACT of the matter is the Redskins were ranked 10th in the league in defense when Shanahan arrived. I'll leave it up to you to cuss and explain. This is getting boring. If you ask anyone in the NFL what was the Redskins D ranked in 2009, they would say 10th. Move on dude. I'm good.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with a brain would know the NFL doesn't judge defenses by PPG. Teams turn the ball over in their own redzone all the time. This would inflate a defenses PPG unfairly. Thus the league bases defensive rankings on YPG. How successful was the other team in moving the ball down the field on your team? That is a more accurate yardstick. That is why the NFL uses that type of measurement when ranking defenses. The FACT of the matter is the Redskins were ranked 10th in the league in defense when Shanahan arrived. I'll leave it up to you to cuss and explain. This is getting boring. If you ask anyone in the NFL what was the Redskins D ranked in 2009, they would say 10th. Move on dude. I'm good.

i dont see it that way . how many yards are "garbage time " yrds ? and again look at the guys GK mentioned

in 2009 they might have been a top 10 defense but not in year one of shanahan

PPG is important but it can be slanted too

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one wins games...points or yards? Thanks for playing.

Also, Shanahan didn't inherit a complete defense. He lost two players before the year started that never played in the NFL again. He inherited a 37 year old starting DE. He inherited two starting safeties that couldn't start the season. No safety in Shanahan's stay here has lasted a complete season as a starter because of injury. You call it a top ten defense and I call it a defense that was in decline and allowed the 18th most points in the league.