• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Ideal Draft

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my prefect draft, and I'll tell you why. It makes the team better, tomorrow! Intsant impact, with long term payouts.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 10: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (A)
Round 7 Pick 10: Curtis Riley, CB, Fresno State (A)

In the 1st round we get the best offensive player in the draft. A true #1 that make all the weapons (Austin, Britt, Quick) twice as good. He's a player that every team needs to pay attention too before they even consider our other weapons.

In round #2 we get the #1 ranked OG (who has a round 2 grade because the many many OTs that will go in the first round). We already have our long term solution (hopefully) at LT with Robinson.

At this point, our line will look pretty good, especially with a new center that will allow us to cut Wells and not have to worry about his aging/deteriorating play and that huge salary.

What we hopefully just accomplished here, is a complete offensive line, not only do we have a full line (Robinson - Cann - Grasu - Saffold - Barksdale) the core can grow together and the two vets can help them do it.

In round 5 we're probably not finding starters anyway, so by drafting Grayson, who is most prefered pick for us, we get a player who we don't want to start this year. He can grow behind Bradford and if Sam gets hurt we can at least have some hope replacing him (instead of Hill who belongs no where near our roster next season).

Round #7 - honestly I wasn't targeting Riley, like I was hoping with for the other players I drafted. But Riley is a good pickup because we have a strong CB class in this draft and its worth adding a depth player who may be able to join the secondary, at min. he'll play on ST.

Let me know what you think. I saw this draft drastically improves our offense, and while it doesn't address the defense (with the exception of one depth player) our defense is already a top defense in the league, and with all the XP they gained they'll be better than they were last season. Its more important that our defense improves this off season and our defense is already young. This draft moves us from pretender to contender!

Oh btw, for those of who use 1st-Pick I only got a 5187 and I drafted 5 As, so I'm not really sure how to do better than that lol

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my prefect draft, and I'll tell you why. It makes the team better, tomorrow! Intsant impact, with long term payouts.

Your Picks:

In the 1st round we get the best offensive player in the draft. A true #1 that make all the weapons (Austin, Britt, Quick) twice as good. He's a player that every team needs to pay attention too before they even consider our other weapons.

In round #2 we get the #1 ranked OG (who has a round 2 grade because the many many OTs that will go in the first round). We already have our long term solution (hopefully) at LT with Robinson.

At this point, our line will look pretty good, especially with a new center that will allow us to cut Wells and not have to worry about his aging/deteriorating play and that huge salary.

What we hopefully just accomplished here, is a complete offensive line, not only do we have a full line (Robinson - Cann - Grasu - Saffold - Barksdale) the core can grow together and the two vets can help them do it.

In round 5 we're probably not finding starters anyway, so by drafting Grayson, who is most prefered pick for us, we get a player who we don't want to start this year. He can grow behind Bradford and if Sam gets hurt we can at least have some hope replacing him (instead of Hill who belongs no where near our roster next season).

Round #7 - honestly I wasn't targeting Riley, like I was hoping with for the other players I drafted. But Riley is a good pickup because we have a strong CB class in this draft and its worth adding a depth player who may be able to join the secondary, at min. he'll play on ST.

Let me know what you think. I saw this draft drastically improves our offense, and while it doesn't address the defense (with the exception of one depth player) our defense is already a top defense in the league, and with all the XP they gained they'll be better than they were last season. Its more important that our defense improves this off season and our defense is already young. This draft moves us from pretender to contender!

Oh btw, for those of who use 1st-Pick I only got a 5187 and I drafted 5 As, so I'm not really sure how to do better than that lol

its ok i still can't figure out how to trade up XD

its not bad, just not as smexy after cooper. However, he might be gone before then

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offensive linemen aren't sexy lol

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To trade up you need to not hit the "skip to my pick" button and either use the skip 5 picks button or the continue.

Then when the picks gets close to where you want, you click on propose trade button.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ice

The draft isn't bad but I think you can trade down, pick up an extra 2nd to use on an OL or OLB and take DeVante Parker later in the first ( or any other WR you prefer ).

As for your score, they are very particular about taking needed positions. The trick is to get the grade A players at the needed positions to get the score up.

My best score for the Rams is 5994 which I posted in the mock draft thread.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your Picks:

can't argue with that draft I like it. Like you said three instant starters with the first three picks that makes our team better. Especially the offense obviously our weakness. And that's the key we have to get three starters with those first three picks. If I had to nitpick it I would probably get a linebacker in the fifth and just say screw it on the quarterback until next year. we wasted a pic last year on a late rd quarterback. But I'm good either way.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To trade up you need to not hit the "skip to my pick" button and either use the skip 5 picks button or the continue.

Then when the picks gets close to where you want, you click on propose trade button.

I know how to propose a trade in that sense just not in terms of teams selecting my offers

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ice

The draft isn't bad but I think you can trade down, pick up an extra 2nd to use on an OL or OLB and take DeVante Parker later in the first ( or any other WR you prefer ).

As for your score, they are very particular about taking needed positions. The trick is to get the grade A players at the needed positions to get the score up.

My best score for the Rams is 5994 which I posted in the mock draft thread.

Yeah I was upset I couldn't get an OLB, but the draft is kinda shallow on OLBs.

Trading back is a serious opition, but at that point I wouldn't draft Parker. Cooper is the man crush. Parker may be a very good player, but I can't call him a sure thing. Cooper is the closest thing to a "sure-thing" in this draft.

I feel like everyone knows when the top WRs are coming into the league, the Calvins and Dezs and Jones and Greens of the world just have something else about them, I think Cooper will be in that class. I can hope Parker will be if he's on my team, but I can't say it was any confidence.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trading back is a serious opition, but at that point I wouldn't draft Parker. Cooper is the man crush. Parker may be a very good player, but I can't call him a sure thing. Cooper is the closest thing to a "sure-thing" in this draft.

I feel like everyone knows when the top WRs are coming into the league, the Calvins and Dezs and Jones and Greens of the world just have something else about them, I think Cooper will be in that class. I can hope Parker will be if he's on my team, but I can't say it was any confidence.

What about DGB? He certainly has the talent and upside, just a matter of keeping him out of trouble. I have seen him compared to AJ Green, talent-wise. Also, I have seen Kevin White described as Julio Jones-like. Haven't seen enough of either to discredit those comparisons personally.

As far as improving your draft score, that site really likes trades and gaining future assets. Those will inflate your score.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would look at Eric Kendricks in round 3. He played MLB at UCLA in a 4-3 but has the speed and cover skills to play outside immediately as a starter while being an instant backup to JL55 (something we do not have)
Also, either of the OLB from Oregon, Tony Washington or Derrick Malone would be good in round 5.

I would not be upset with this draft assuming we make no trades down and get no extra picks. I am still 100% convinced that Snisher will trade down in either the first or 2nd. Someone we do not need that MANY teams will covet (Pass Rushing DE like Gregory or Ray) will be there at #10 where we can drop from 10 to say 13, still get Brandon Scherff,Andrus Peat,Derick Stanley,LaEl Collins or Cedric Ogbuehi AND get a couple extra middle round picks.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Tony Washington. I wouldn't be upset if they took him over a QB, but then they better have a serious QB option to backup Bradford who isn't and an aging vet with no hope.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Tony Washington. I wouldn't be upset if they took him over a QB, but then they better have a serious QB option to backup Bradford who isn't and an aging vet with no hope.

Rumors I am hearing around Rams Park is that if and when Jake Locker and Christian Ponder are cut by their perspective teams, they will be looked at by the Rams. I would be VERY ok with them as backups

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rumors I am hearing around Rams Park is that if and when Jake Locker and Christian Ponder are cut by their perspective teams, they will be looked at by the Rams. I would be VERY ok with them as backups

I prefer Glennon personally. Bucs will be taking a QB and already have a vet to bridge the gap until the new guy is ready (whether that is Winston or Mariota) in McCown who they already have been starting over Glennon. The trade cost is the big question.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glennon is in that equation as well.... I would love him

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind on those type players who still have hope left in them. Or the rookie with potential. Just has to be a backup with upside.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also do like Kendricks a lot.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm amazed so many of you are down on Davis but would be happy with Locker, Ponder or Glennon.

Locker is just as injury prone as Bradford. So, you can't have your starting injury prone QB backed up by another injury prone QB. That makes absolutely no sense.

And Davis showed just as much, if not more, than Ponder and Glennon.

So, why not just keep Davis and not worry about either trading for Glennon or picking up Locker/Ponder?