• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My first NFL game

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be this weekend in Dallas.

Sister-in-law's husband (he is a Vikings fan) has a well-to-do brother in the Metroplex.

I'm almost glad I've had to wait over 35 years...here's the itinerary:

Getting put up in some fancy downtown hotel.
Free eats and booze the whole time.
Limo/shuttle to and from the stadium.
Pre-game field passes.
Suite with all the amenities and apparently a few former players there as well (not sure who...could be Emmitt Smith, could be Babe Laufenberg...who knows).

Sometimes the dog gets a bone.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sister-in-law's husband (he is a Vikings fan) has a well-to-do brother in the Metroplex.

Pre-game field passes.
Suite with all the amenities and apparently a few former players there as well (not sure who...could be Emmitt Smith, could be Babe Laufenberg...who knows
).

Holy shit, I guess no one is holding a gun to your head eh? I saw my first NFL game '72, w/o all the amenities.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first game was in the November 30, 1980. I watched a scrawny rookie QB get 128 passing yards for The 49ers. Steve Grogan threw to Stanley Morgan of the Patriots for 142 yards! Steve DeBerg missed 3 field goals for the 49ers.
It was a sunny, blue-sky day at Candlestick. The Boston TV station picked us up on camera because we had our shirts off. An announcement came up on the big screen - reporting "blizzard conditions in Boston" The crowd went nuts!
Incidently, the scrawny rookie QB that got the win for the 49ers was some kid named Joe Montana.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had season tickets with the Colts from '84 to 1998. Mike Pagel was the quarterback when they came over on the Mayflower. The team was pathetic, but the fans just did the wave a lot, got drunk and giggled about the novelty of actually having an NFL team. Shoot. Those guys had a free pass for at least the first three years before fans actually became critical. My wife barely watched the games. She was more interesting in the cheerleaders routines and what they did from week to weak. No, she is not attracted to other women. ~laffin~

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pre-game field passes.
Suite with all the amenities and apparently a few former players there as well (not sure who...could be Emmitt Smith, could be Babe Laufenberg...who knows).

Several fancy hotels in Downtown area of Dallas all are really nice

The stadium is awesome
Hope you have a great time :clap:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a wknd...still kinda hungover...here's the group. I'm creeping on the right there...

Attachments

• IMG_0083[1].jpg
    IMG_0083[1].jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 35

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first game was when I was 8 with my dad sitting in the South Stands at the Old Mile High. Got to see at least 1 fight every quarter break out as there were a few Chief fans sitting in our section. The game was in a major blizzard and the guy next to me was in overalls showing me his Bronco tattoo on his chest and telling me if I wanted after the game he could get me one. Got to see Elway do one of his famous 4th quarter comebacks on their way to eventually being Superbowl Champions! Couldn't have asked for a better first game experience.