• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My first money league draft tonight

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was also kinda surpirsed with Nelson in the 4th - what other WRs were drafted around that pick?

Ive only meddled a little into the world of IDP, so I'll say you look solid, but be wary of the yahoo draft grade - they have given some very questionable grades to some bad teams that Ive seen so far

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clearly with AD and foster you are going to have a great season, but my only problem with your team is that behind AJ green you dont have great WRs and you dont have much sleeper potential or depth at WR on your bench... I know we have been on opposite sides on vereen, but on this particular team you are never going to start him... I would trade him for dobson straight up(picked dobson because that was an earlier thread discussion)... Maybe also take a downgrade on mcfadden to improve your WR situation... Again, you are set to be a top team because of foster and peterson, but why not improve your team where you can??

All valid points..here's why I went that way.
First off, nearly everyone kept 2 RB'S, only WR'S kept were Calvin and friggin Amendola...so everyone went WR nuts and by the tine I got my rd 4 pick, they were slim pickings. But..I feel Vincent Brown has excellent potential to be a great 3, maybe even a strong 2..and Boldin almost guarantees me 5-10 pts any given week. So I split my WR bench with consistency and potential. Apparently you are not high on Brown??
As for Vereen and McFadden, they won't be going anywhere until after AP and Foster have their byes..then I'll consider something. .until then, they can rot on my bench instead of being in my opponents lineups.

And Dobson?? He's still on the scrap pile.. can make that move anytime I like.. but I like Browns potential much more, and Boldin is a sure thing

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was also kinda surpirsed with Nelson in the 4th - what other WRs were drafted around that pick?

Ive only meddled a little into the world of IDP, so I'll say you look solid, but be wary of the yahoo draft grade - they have given some very questionable grades to some bad teams that Ive seen so far

This is only my second year of IDP as well, so I'm still basically just going of the rag's rankings and hoping for the best..but JJ Wat was top lineman ranked, which I can't argue against..L. David and Greenway both top ten LB's..maybe, maybe not? and Eric Berry was defensive ROY not long ago, missed a season due to injury, and I think had a good comeback year last year..but, a safety playing for the Chiefs should be in line for a lot of tackles..so we'll see.

I'm not exactly thrilled to grab Jordy Nelson either, but, with two keeper RB's, and 3 starting WR slots to fill, I had to take one, and after Calvin and Amendola were kept, and I grabbed AJ Green 1st pick of the third round..there were 15 WR's in the next 19 picks before it got back to me, so it was between Nelson, and guys like Torrey Smith, Steve Smith, James Jones, Decker, Stevie Johnson, Jennings..ect.. So I went with the guy on the team that throws the most, and then just stabbed in the dark between Jones and Nelson.