• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My dynasty/keeper league

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So since this is the dead time of year I figured I would post about the draft I am currently doing. It's kind of a rookie draft but kind of not. LOL. I wanted to do something different last year, so I created kind of a hybrid keeper/dynasty league. 12 team, 20 man rosters, full PPR, lots of bonuses. It's superflex, so you start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 6 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE so a 10 man starting lineup. No defenses or kickers. You play two games each week, one against your opponent and one against the league median (top 6 scores get a win, bottom 6 scores get a loss). Playoffs are just head to head and there's a consolation bracket. None of that really matters, but just wanted to put it in there. The caveat is that you have to cut your rosters down to 10 on June 1st. So that gets us past the NFL draft and free agency so you can see who's value has dropped or risen and make your decisions based on that. Anybody that isn't going to be part of your 10 you are welcome to trade for picks. Only 2 of your 10 can be quarterbacks though. One thing I've always hated about superflex is that if you don't have a quarterback you have to pay a king's ransom to get another one. This way only 24 can be held and the rest go back into the draft pool each year. However, with picks, you have to trade equal amounts of picks if a pick is involved. So, for instance I traded Justin Herbert earlier in the off-season because I have Kyler Murray and Anthony Richardson. I traded Herbert, the 11.7 and the 6.7 for the 1.3 and the 4.3. Any trade during the season for future draft picks has to be equal also, so if you trade for a player during the season you can't just trade a 2025 1st rounder to them for the player, you would have to trade your 2025 1st rounder to them for the player and their 2025 13th rounder. It makes things a whole lot easier on me and it doesn't really change things that much. Since it was new this year a lot of guys didn't fully grasp the concept of trading their guys instead of just cutting them when we went down to 10. Shockingly enough, Dad and I both were able to pick up draft picks that way. It's a fine line between trading say Dallas Goedert and your 12th rounder for somebody else 6th rounder and just letting them go back in to the pool and hoping to draft them. It has completely changed the way we look at the draft though. We are in the 3rd round right now and there have been just as many veterans taken as rookies even though the 1st round was almost all rookies. If anybody wants to see the draft so far I will put it in the next post. It's definitely different, but I love it. The guy that won the league last year, went 27-1 in the regular season and then swept the playoffs for a 29-1 overall record. His one loss during the season, this guy.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the rosters. Anybody in gray has been added by draft so far:

1717541601861.png

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as last season there are a number of different strategies in play as you can see. .... since there was no TE position per se there were a number of people who let them slide waaay below value in last yrs draft. The 1-RB mandatory starter also changes your thinking a bit in this one (or at least mine). ... Last yr there were a couple of teams went into the season with just one QB (not gonna be the case this yr already - they learned their lesson).

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit at this point i have to assume you are very high on Ladd, correct?

I think you have him everywhere

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You started losing me at 6 flexes and a super flex, my eyes glazed over after no kicker, no defense. Boo

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean yes and no. I like him a lot more in full PPR than half or no, but I think he will be a target monster essentially taking over the Keenan Allen role in that offense. It’s more that I don’t like any of the other guys around him. I really don’t like Coleman, I think Thomas is going to be a nice deep ball threat but won’t get consistent targets. Same with Worthy. In this format, I’ve decided that I’m treating it more like redraft and I feel like he has more value this year than any of the rookie running backs.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You started losing me at 6 flexes and a super flex, my eyes glazed over after no kicker, no defense. Boo
I am all about flexibility my friend.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll go a slightly different route....

sexy yoga GIF

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who wish to know. ...... remember there were 10 keepers per team so 120 gone before we started. Three more rds to go.
draft.jpg