• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My All-BCS Team

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shiny objects isn't my answer at all. You even mentioned in your first comment that DJ has half of the ones Te'o has.

And you're right shiny objects don't make him good. But the fact he did something no other defensive player did in the BCS era does say something IMO. He wouldn't have won those shiny objects if he was shitty.

I thought he was pretty good til the NCG. It was like he didn't even exist on the biggest of stages.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be a shit.. but getting awards is not something "HE DID."

Getting a certain amount of tackles, forcing a certain amount of fumbles, stopping a certain amount of conversions, etc... those are things one DOES.... awards are GIVEN by others.

listing awards isn't a proper argument for this thread... we all saw the games and know something about CFB... so we need better arguments than "he got awards."

I mean, you don't want to sound like an Aggie, do you? :suds:

Te'o did all those things you mentioned and was recognized for doing all things in a way no other defensive player in the entire BCS era was. His senior season was as dominant a performance I can remember for a LB. He continually made big play after big play. He almost won the Heisman, how much more evidence do you need for somebody who made big tackles, forced turnovers and stopped a ton of conversions?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Te'o did all those things you mentioned and was recognized for doing all things in a way no other defensive player in the entire BCS era was. His senior season was as dominant a performance I can remember for a LB. He continually made big play after big play. He almost won the Heisman, how much more evidence do you need for somebody who made big tackles, forced turnovers and stopped a ton of conversions?

I like te'o and he was a great nd linebacker but he was extremely overrated nationally imo. he was the face of the biggest program on a team that was undefeated. that doesn't make him the best linebacker of the bcs era. not even close

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poll:
If you had to choose, you take Manti Te'o or Derrick Johnson?