• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My All-BCS Team

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a handful of QBs i could see people go with over him and understand, but I would probably pick him if it came down to it. :suds:

There usually are no 100% clear cut choices when it comes to these debates though.

Nope. VY is the absolute 100% no-questions right choice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVxPPrmUEjU]Vince Young Career Highlight Video - YouTube[/ame]

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im taking Matt Leinart over Tebow everytime.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im taking Matt Leinart over Tebow everytime.

Easily. Like I said, there are quite a few QBs [not even mentioning VY] that are above Tebow:

Leinart, Colt, Luck, Cam, Johnny Swanfloat... the list goes on.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you listing who won some shiny objects for a glass case or who was a better LB in college?

I guess being the ONLY defensive player to win either award during the BCS era doesn't make him any good? :noidea:

No defensive player won one of them let alone both of them. Te'o was really good and has the awards to back it up.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts

The 2nd DE spot was really tough for me to decide. At the time Brown left PSU he was the all time leader in sacks and tackles for loss. Not sure if he is now or not but he was a beast. But that was my toughest position to fill out.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess being the ONLY defensive player to win either award during the BCS era doesn't make him any good? :noidea:

No defensive player won one of them let alone both of them. Te'o was really good and has the awards to back it up.

so, "shiny objects" is your answer. ok.

Well, Shiny Objects do not make him good. On-field actions make him good or not, ...and On The Field, I don't think he was as good as DJ.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, "shiny objects" is your answer. ok.

Well, Shiny Objects do not make him good. On-field actions make him good or not, ...and On The Field, I don't think he was as good as DJ.

No shiny objects isn't my answer at all. You even mentioned in your first comment that DJ has half of the ones Te'o has.

And you're right shiny objects don't make him good. But the fact he did something no other defensive player did in the BCS era does say something IMO. He wouldn't have won those shiny objects if he was shitty.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hizzle's List:

Offense:

QB: InVincible Young (Texas)
QB: RGIII (Baylor)
RB: Ricky Williams (Texas)
RB: Ladainian Tomlinson (TCU)
ATH: Reggie Bush (USC)
WR: Calvin Johnson (Georgia Tech)
WR: Braylon Edwards (Michigan)
TE: Jermain Gresham (oklahoma)
TE: James Casey (Rice)
OT: Bryant McKinnie (Miami)
OT: Joe Thomas (Wisconsin)
OG: Barrett Jones (Bama)
OG: Steve Hutchinson (Michigan)
OC: Greg Elinger (Minnesota)

Defense:

DE: Julius Peppers (North Carolina)
DE: Terrell Suggs (Arizona State)
DT: Ndamukong Suh (Nebraska)
DT: Glen Dorsey (LSU)
OLB: Lavar Arrington (Penn State)
OLB: Dan Morgan (Miami)
ILB: Derrick Johnson (Texas)
CB: Champ Bailey (Georgia)
CB: Terrence Newman (Kansas State)
S: Ed Reed (Miami)
S: Roy Williams (oklahoma)

Special Teams:

K: Alex Henery (Nebraska)
P: Dustin Colquitt (Tennessee)
KR: Reggie Bush (USC)
PR: Maurice Jones Drew (UCLA)

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teo was good but not dominant. You've got plenty of linebackers in the BCS era that were better but didn't play their senior years because they entered the draft. Remember Teo wasn't even first team All American till his senior year.
USC had enough good linebackers Clay Mathews couldn't start.

Last edited by a moderator:

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say you did a pretty good job. Only complaint I have is Pollack not being there as DE (3-time AA). Pure talent it's Clowney, but yeah lol.

Very good list though, glad to see Champ there

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No two time AA Peter Warrick? That's cool it is all subjective any who. And anyone who does not have the two time AA and Back to back Lou Groza winner as the kicker is just nuts. Nobody in the BCS era was better than Sebastian Janikowski. Not even the all time leading scorer among kickers Dustin Hopkins.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No two time AA Peter Warrick? That's cool it is all subjective any who. And anyone who does not have the two time AA and Back to back Lou Groza winner as the kicker is just nuts. Nobody in the BCS era was better than Sebastian Janikowski. Not even the all time leading scorer among kickers Dustin Hopkins.

What abut Tamarick Vanover? Was he during the BCS? great returner

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What abut Tamarick Vanover? Was he during the BCS? great returner

Not to be biased but Ted Ginn Jr. was a better returner than Vanover. TV had 2 kick returns for TD's in 2 years & TG Jr. had a total of 8 (6 punt returns & 2 kickoff returns) in 3 years.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be biased but Ted Ginn Jr. was a better returner than Vanover. TV had 2 kick returns for TD's in 2 years & TG Jr. had a total of 8 (6 punt returns & 2 kickoff returns) in 3 years.

Look at yds per return. Not even close. TV on kickoffs his avg was 40.2 yds per return. Ted was at 26.6 yds over 3 yds. Both were good though.

It matters not since this is about BCS era players and TV was pre-BCS.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at yds per return. Not even close. TV on kickoffs his avg was 40.2 yds per return. Ted was at 26.6 yds over 3 yds. Both were good though.

Oh yeah both were good.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. VY is the absolute 100% no-questions right choice.

Vince Young Career Highlight Video - YouTube

If you are not a Texas fan, and want proof that VY is absolutely, positively, the right choice, just watch this. He was the player everyone wanted to see, no doubt about it. I will probably never see that type of unbeatable force again on my Longhorns. They just don't come around very often.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shiny objects isn't my answer at all. You even mentioned in your first comment that DJ has half of the ones Te'o has.

And you're right shiny objects don't make him good. But the fact he did something no other defensive player did in the BCS era does say something IMO. He wouldn't have won those shiny objects if he was shitty.

I'm not trying to be a shit.. but getting awards is not something "HE DID."

Getting a certain amount of tackles, forcing a certain amount of fumbles, stopping a certain amount of conversions, etc... those are things one DOES.... awards are GIVEN by others.

listing awards isn't a proper argument for this thread... we all saw the games and know something about CFB... so we need better arguments than "he got awards."

I mean, you don't want to sound like an Aggie, do you? :suds:

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just put in entire Longhorn's 2005 Nickel package? :yahoo: