• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My 30 Team Mock Draft Team (Post Yours Here)

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starters:
  • PG - Reggie Jackson
  • SG - Khris Middleton
  • SF - Matt Barnes
  • PF - Zach Randolph
  • C - Nikola Jokic
Bench:
  • SG Gary Harris
  • C Festus Ezeli
  • G J.J. Barea
  • F Moe Harkless
  • PF Carl Landry

Round 1, Pick #24: Reggie Jackson, PG, Detroit Pistons - It was tough to pass on a triple-double threat and NBA champion in Draymond Green, but I knew point guards would be at a premium, especially ones with the scoring instincts of Jackson.

Round 2, Pick #37: Khris Middleton, G/F, Milwaukee Bucks - This pick was a no-brainer. With Middleton and Reggie Jackson, I lack the "wow" factor but there isn't much my team can't do with those two and could go just about anywhere in the draft as a result. Saw Middleton in Detroit as a rookie and knew he could play if he got more playing time. This team of mine is essentially built around the versatility and sneaky all-around skills of Middleton.

Round 3, Pick #84: Zach Randolph, PF, Memphis Grizzlies - I thought about Ryan Anderson here, but he went a pick before me. Ultimately, I decided I needed a post presence. Z-Bo is still producing at a very high level for his age (34).

Round 4, Pick #97: Nikola Jokic, C, Denver Nuggets - I was stunned to know that current Pacer Monta Ellis was still on the board at this time. But at this point in the draft, I wanted to gamble on a young player with upside. At 21, Jokic has rare all-around skills for a center. He's a below-average athlete, but it isn't as if Zach Randolph is any spring chicken at this stage starting alongside him.

Round 5, Pick #144: Gary Harris, SG, Denver Nuggets - An unselfish player who moves very well without the ball. Also just 21.

Round 6, Pick #157: Matt Barnes, SF, Memphis Grizzlies - Was fortunate he slid to me. I really needed another perimeter defender to help out Middleton, and most importantly, I could win a street fight with anyone with the presence of Randolph and Barnes.

Round 7, Pick #204: Festus Ezeli, C, Golden State Warriors - I thought I got quite a steal here. Ezeli gives me a starting-caliber center to back to the foul-prone Jokic.

Round 8, Pick #217: Moe Harkless, F, Portland Trail Blazers - A young player who can play both forward positions and has solid upside. With Harris and Harkless, he gives us the option to pick up the pace with the second unit.

Round 9, Pick #264: J.J. Barea, PG, Dallas Mavericks - My backup point guard and spark plug off the bench. Also and NBA champion along with Ezeil. Barea is averaging 10.9 points, 4.3 assists, and 2.0 rebounds on the season.

Round 10, Pick #277: Carl Landry, PF, Philadelphia 76ers - A roster filler and natural power forward for my bench. Landry collected 16 points and 8 rebounds during Philly's win in Phoenix on 12/26/15, and the savvy veteran is rebounding as well as he has his entire career.

The Evolution of HurricaneDij :: My Sports SportsHoopla 30 Team NBA Mock Draft Team

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto Raptors

Starters:
  • PG Ty Lawson
  • SG Courtney Lee
  • SF Carmelo Anthony
  • PF Amir Johnson
  • C Hassan Whiteside
Bench:
  • F/G Kyle Korver
  • G Ramon Sessions
  • C Timofey Mozgov
  • PF Patrick Patterson
  • G Randy Foye
@tducey Hope you like the team I completed for you...

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacramento Kings
Starters:

PG Victor Oladipo
SG Allen Crabbe
SF Will Barton
PF Serge Ibaka
C Andre Drummond

Bench:

PG Cory Joseph
SG Mario Hezonja
SF Terrence Ross
PF Noah Vonleh
C Miles Plumlee

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix Suns

PG - Jeff Teague
SG - Zach LaVine
SF - Paul George
PF - Nikola Mirotic
C - Brook Lopez

Bench:

PG- Ish Smith
SG- Ben McLemore
SF- Doug McDermott
PF- Darrell Arthur
C- Alexis Ajinca

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte Hornets

PG - Marcus Smart
SG - CJ McCollum
SF - Jae Crowder
PF - Draymond Green
C - Alex Len

Bench:

PG- Norris Cole
SG- Langston Galloway
SF- Evan Turner
PF- Jason Smith
C- Ian Mahinmi

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starters:
  • PG - Isaiah Thomas
  • SG - Emmanuel Muidiay
  • SF - Robert Covington
  • PF - Paul Millsap
  • C - Clint Capela
Bench:
  • SG Bryce Dejean-Jones
  • C - Bismack Biyombo
  • G - Devin Harris
  • F - JJ Hickson
  • PF - Meyers Leonard

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Team:

PG - Eric Bledsoe
SG - Devin Booker
SF - Harrison Barnes
PF - Blake Griffin
C - Andrew Bogut

Bench
PG/SG - Isaiah Canaan
PG/SG - Alec Burks
SF - Andre Roberson
PF - Jordan Hill
C - Tiago Splitter

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this something I need to sticky?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Wizards:

Starters:
1- Jrue Holliday (34 MPG)
2- Thabo Sefolosha (18 MPG)
3- Kawhi Leonard (38 MPG)
4- Marvin Williams (30 MPG
5- Tim Duncan (28 MPG)

Bench
Mario Chalmers (28 MPG- 14 at PG, 14 at SG)
Manu Ginobli (24 MPG- at both 3 and 3)
David West (20 MPG- used situationally, can play 4 in big lineup, or 5 in small lineup)
Kelly Olynyk (20 MPG- can play alongside Duncan too)
Anthony Morrow (5 MPG- will be used situationally depending on matchups

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my team is not exactly filled with sexy names, but here is why I think my team wins the championship THIS season. All bets are off after that.

-Elite defense- Leonard and Duncan are super elite defenders at their positions and will anchor the first unit. Sefolosha, Ginobli, and West are all outstanding defenders also. My other 4 rotation guys are all somewhere near league average. Overall, no team defense will be better than the Wizards.

-Offensive chemistry- I built my team around Kawhi Leonard specifically to suit his strengths. Leonard is the most efficient player in the league on catch and shoot spot up chances. To make the most of that, I needed an unselfish group that will move the ball well and be able to space the floor. I drafted as many 3 point threats as possible, while also focusing on players (other than Holliday) who can play well off of the ball. Also, I think Duncan, Leonard, Ginobli and West might just play pretty well together.

-playmakers- Jrue Holliday is one of the top play making PGs in the league. Many possessions will start with a middle ball screen with Holliday attacking toward Leonard's side of the floor. Holliday will be able to create spot up chances for Leonard and others. His elite upside will be realized under the tutiledge of Duncan and the rest of the Spurs vets.

Chalmers is a unique PG who is a highly efficient catch and shoot player. He can back up Holliday at the 1, but is also able to play off the ball very efficiently thanks to his experience in Miami.

Ginobli is one of the most efficient SGs in the league despite his advanced age. He is a great defender, can create shots for himself and others and is a very good catch and shoot player also.

-Big men- all 4 of the "bigs" on my roster are capable of playing with the other 3 guys. Williams will play a lot as a stretch 4, but he may see fewer minutes against teams that have more traditional 4 men. For example, against Blake Griffin, we will see more West and Olynyck, and less Williams. Duncan will anchor the D as the center, but he is also capable of playing 4 in big lineups with Olynyk. Williams and Olynyk can both shoot the 3, and West and Duncan have terrific mid range games. All 4 bigs are highly skilled.

-SG- naysayers will take 1 look at my SG position and call it a weakness, but I don't think it is. Morrow will get some of Thabo's minutes against teams that have an offensively challenged player that Morrow can "hide against". While my starter may be weak, nobody has a better bench SG than Ginobli. Also, the ability to play Chalmers and Holliday together all ow me to match up with two PG small ball teams.

-Winning experience- 4 players on my team have won rings, including my best 2 players. 4 play for the Spurs, who are one of the better teams in league history by record. 5 have NBA finals experience and 6 have conference finals experience. 9/10 players are on teams likely to win at least 1 playoff series this year.

-4th quarter line up- in the end game, this is who I will have on the floor:

Holliday
Ginobli
Leonard
Williams/west- depending on matchup
Duncan

If you have read this Wiggy like post in its entirety, rememeber to vote Wizards in 2016!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma City Thunder

PG- Mathew Dellavadova
SG- Michael Kidd- Gilchrist
SF- Mike Dunleavy
PF- LeBron James
C- Jonas Valunciunas

Bench-
PG- Deron Williams
SG- Jared Dudley
PF-- Channing Frye, Mike Scott
PF/C- Tristan Thompson

My team A. Has LeBron James on it. That pretty much means your gonna win 55+, be a 1 or 2 seed and compete for the Championship.

I filled in around LeBron with guys that can shoot the 3, and guys that can play some defense and rebound.

Jared Dudley, Mike Dunleavy, Channing Frye, Mathew Dellavadova are all 3pt shooters that-

RIGHT NOW are 7th (Dudley), 8th (Delly), 15th (Dunleavy IF he had enough attempts to qualify) , 30th and Frye....so put 4 of the top 30 3pt shooters in the league around LeBron...not a bad way to start...

however- we wouldnt want LeBron to have to carry on both ends- so we drafted Michael Kidd-Gilchrist- who - after Kawhi Leonard is probably the best defender in the league- an elite rebounder- and the IDEAL guy to run with LeBron on the break.

Valunciunas is one of the better up and coming players in the league and will anchor the defense- is very efficient- keeps getting better and has really been the catalyst of the Raptors defense. As soon as he came back from injury they took off. Him and Tristan Thompson will clean up the boards and play solid D....Thompson is that big who can extend out to the 3pt line to defend if need be against stretch 4's- which is very important int todays game and is of course one of the games premier rebounders, iron men, etc....

When you cant build a super team because the talent is so evenly distributed- its a guy like LeBron who is just so transcendent that benefits. If he could take the '07 Cavs to the Finals- he could without a doubt take this team.

that starting lineup?

Delly is a very good defensive player
Kidd-Gilchrist is a great defensive player
LeBron is a great defensive player (when he tries)
Dunleavy is the weak link defensively but will rain triples
Valunciounas is a very good defensive player....

it would be VERY difficult to score against this team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my team is not exactly filled with sexy names, but here is why I think my team wins the championship THIS season. All bets are off after that.

-Elite defense- Leonard and Duncan are super elite defenders at their positions and will anchor the first unit. Sefolosha, Ginobli, and West are all outstanding defenders also. My other 4 rotation guys are all somewhere near league average. Overall, no team defense will be better than the Wizards.

-Offensive chemistry- I built my team around Kawhi Leonard specifically to suit his strengths. Leonard is the most efficient player in the league on catch and shoot spot up chances. To make the most of that, I needed an unselfish group that will move the ball well and be able to space the floor. I drafted as many 3 point threats as possible, while also focusing on players (other than Holliday) who can play well off of the ball. Also, I think Duncan, Leonard, Ginobli and West might just play pretty well together.

-playmakers- Jrue Holliday is one of the top play making PGs in the league. Many possessions will start with a middle ball screen with Holliday attacking toward Leonard's side of the floor. Holliday will be able to create spot up chances for Leonard and others. His elite upside will be realized under the tutiledge of Duncan and the rest of the Spurs vets.

Chalmers is a unique PG who is a highly efficient catch and shoot player. He can back up Holliday at the 1, but is also able to play off the ball very efficiently thanks to his experience in Miami.

Ginobli is one of the most efficient SGs in the league despite his advanced age. He is a great defender, can create shots for himself and others and is a very good catch and shoot player also.

-Big men- all 4 of the "bigs" on my roster are capable of playing with the other 3 guys. Williams will play a lot as a stretch 4, but he may see fewer minutes against teams that have more traditional 4 men. For example, against Blake Griffin, we will see more West and Olynyck, and less Williams. Duncan will anchor the D as the center, but he is also capable of playing 4 in big lineups with Olynyk. Williams and Olynyk can both shoot the 3, and West and Duncan have terrific mid range games. All 4 bigs are highly skilled.

-SG- naysayers will take 1 look at my SG position and call it a weakness, but I don't think it is. Morrow will get some of Thabo's minutes against teams that have an offensively challenged player that Morrow can "hide against". While my starter may be weak, nobody has a better bench SG than Ginobli. Also, the ability to play Chalmers and Holliday together all ow me to match up with two PG small ball teams.

-Winning experience- 4 players on my team have won rings, including my best 2 players. 4 play for the Spurs, who are one of the better teams in league history by record. 5 have NBA finals experience and 6 have conference finals experience. 9/10 players are on teams likely to win at least 1 playoff series this year.

-4th quarter line up- in the end game, this is who I will have on the floor:

Holliday
Ginobli
Leonard
Williams/west- depending on matchup
Duncan

If you have read this Wiggy like post in its entirety, rememeber to vote Wizards in 2016!

Oklahoma City Thunder

PG- Mathew Dellavadova
SG- Michael Kidd- Gilchrist
SF- Mike Dunleavy
PF- LeBron James
C- Jonas Valunciunas

Bench-
PG- Deron Williams
SG- Jared Dudley
PF-- Channing Frye, Mike Scott
PF/C- Tristan Thompson

My team A. Has LeBron James on it. That pretty much means your gonna win 55+, be a 1 or 2 seed and compete for the Championship.

I filled in around LeBron with guys that can shoot the 3, and guys that can play some defense and rebound.

Jared Dudley, Mike Dunleavy, Channing Frye, Mathew Dellavadova are all 3pt shooters that-

RIGHT NOW are 7th (Dudley), 8th (Delly), 15th (Dunleavy IF he had enough attempts to qualify) , 30th and Frye....so put 4 of the top 30 3pt shooters in the league around LeBron...not a bad way to start...

however- we wouldnt want LeBron to have to carry on both ends- so we drafted Michael Kidd-Gilchrist- who - after Kawhi Leonard is probably the best defender in the league- an elite rebounder- and the IDEAL guy to run with LeBron on the break.

Valunciunas is one of the better up and coming players in the league and will anchor the defense- is very efficient- keeps getting better and has really been the catalyst of the Raptors defense. As soon as he came back from injury they took off. Him and Tristan Thompson will clean up the boards and play solid D....Thompson is that big who can extend out to the 3pt line to defend if need be against stretch 4's- which is very important int todays game and is of course one of the games premier rebounders, iron men, etc....

When you cant build a super team because the talent is so evenly distributed- its a guy like LeBron who is just so transcendent that benefits. If he could take the '07 Cavs to the Finals- he could without a doubt take this team.

that starting lineup?

th?&id=OIP.M149ea563537a285b385a24f521c1a9b5o0&w=300&h=239&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

:heh:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that starting lineup?

Really wouldn't be a problem to score against. You have a really bad matchup problem with either Lebron or Dunleavy having to guard a 4. I'd post Griffin up every time against whoever is guarding him. Your team would have to double every time and with Griffin being the great passer that he would have one of Bledsoe, Booker or Barnes open for 3. Or I would run a 1-4 P&R and get Griffin going to the basket against Delly if they switched or create a driving lane for Bledsoe if no switch occurs.

Defensively, my team matches up fine with yours because I'll put Bogut on MKG like the Warriors did against Tony Allen on Memphis last year and let him be the paint rover. I'd let Bledsoe and Booker, press guard up on Delly and Dunleavy, since they have help behind with Bogut and not allow them to get a 3 off. Griffin guards Valanciunas. Barnes guards Lebron, but sags to the free-throw line. He'll have backside help with Bogut on any drive and let Lebron beat you from outside. If he knocks down 7 three's then so be it.

Going small and putting more shooters out on the court, would play into my strengths with being able to match up and go small as well. I can use Barnes as my 4, Griffin at the 5 and put Roberson in at the 3 and let 1-4 switch everything.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wouldn't be a problem to score against. You have a really bad matchup problem with either Lebron or Dunleavy having to guard a 4. I'd post Griffin up every time against whoever is guarding him. Your team would have to double every time and with Griffin being the great passer that he would have one of Bledsoe, Booker or Barnes open for 3. Or I would run a 1-4 P&R and get Griffin going to the basket against Delly if they switched or create a driving lane for Bledsoe if no switch occurs.

Defensively, my team matches up fine with yours because I'll put Bogut on MKG like the Warriors did against Tony Allen on Memphis last year and let him be the paint rover. I'd let Bledsoe and Booker, press guard up on Delly and Dunleavy, since they have help behind with Bogut and not allow them to get a 3 off. Griffin guards Valanciunas. Barnes guards Lebron, but sags to the free-throw line. He'll have backside help with Bogut on any drive and let Lebron beat you from outside. If he knocks down 7 three's then so be it.

Going small and putting more shooters out on the court, would play into my strengths with being able to match up and go small as well. I can use Barnes as my 4, Griffin at the 5 and put Roberson in at the 3 and let 1-4 switch everything.
you just sub dunleavy for thompson then....not a difficult fix.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just sub dunleavy for thompson then....not a difficult fix.

Counter by putting Burks in for Bogut. Barnes slides to the 4. Tristan has to guard someone on the perimeter.