• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Music on the course

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you’re playing music on the course, others are hearing it.

Fuck them is the only truthful position to take.
one of the courses near me, a pretty nice one, just got new carts with bluetooth speakers installed in them...

so that says something

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you guys play music through a bluetooth speaker while golfing?

if so, what are you listening to?

or do you hate those motherless heathens who are out there ruining the game?
Always, but only so it can be heard in the cart

I never get to play my music though.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this one.

My buddy asked me to sub for his friend in the league last night. No problem, he's an acquaintance and a good guy.

On the first hole he asked me if I'd mind him playing music. The moment he asked, he cast me into one of two undesirable positions. I have to either listen to annoying music the whole round or be the kill joy for the entire round. I had to be honest and go with option #1 but then all night I noticed the silence and felt a tad guilty.

If I take a phone call in the clubhouse, I'm expected to take the call outside. In fact this is common practice at our private club. The idea is that you're creating noise pollution that others shouldn't be subjected to. Well what's the difference between the two? Why can't I just claim that I always talk quietly and if someone asks me to, I'll take it outside? Why doesn't that same sort of excuse apply?

If it's not ok to force your noise on others in the restaurant, it shouldn't be any different out on the course.

People who feel the need to share their music with others in public places are a pox on humanity. That's why god gave us headphones and earbuds. Anyone who feels otherwise is just a selfish asshole.