• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Twins 4/8-4/11

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t so much Dipoto has the boner for Servais though. It is just Servais got lumped in with Jerry’s extension. You cannot justify Jerry having a job if he fires Servais. It is kind of the catch 22 of giving extensions when both failed at their first vision of the franchise.
It’s just nuts. I’ve never known of a manager that has done so little to garner this much job security. A manager and GM should never be a package deal. If they are then that is on the GM

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been pretty MIA since the season started but my initial thoughts so far:

- I'm stunned that Haniger somehow looks like the exact same guy he was before he went through all those injuries.
- I really think that Ty France is the real deal.
- I don't know why but I really don't want to see Seager depart.
- This team strikes out way too much.
- I'm starting to lose faith in Evan White.
- Still not convinced that J.P. Crawford or Dylan Moore are long-term solutions.
Pretty much agree with all of this. Having Dylan Moore prove he’s not an everyday guy would be the most obvious thing. Most on here knew that he was better fit for a utility role. White needs to go to the minors ASAP. I think once Lewis and kelenic are ready they will have the flexibility to do that. I still have faith in Crawford but his swing and approach is just lost right now. Mechanics remind me of Ackley struggles. I think it’s fixable and hope it happens

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I thought we might have a W, Montero doing a crappy job trying to close out the 2 innings, tosses a wild pitch and the twins tie is up in the bottom of the 8th. Damn!!
The thing I found interesting, for a lack of a better word, is that didn't Servais try this whole closer in the 8th thing a few years back and it never worked then either?

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i missed todays game...but have a 1st alternate..trade proposal...so my 1st guy was....guess im making a list..lol
who is a 2b..but playes 1B..for milwalkee..cuz..they have no one at 1B ..and voggie is the back up...yeah
but chances of tradeing for him are not good..so..my next guy ...is..

Photo headshot of Jordan Groshans

Jordan Groshans
SS
Toronto Blue Jays Logo

Toronto Blue Jays
AA2022216' 3" / 205 lbsRR

yes..jordan groshans..out of HS..in texas..he is at AA..this year..and prob would be..the same timeline..as julio rod..but could be as soon as..next year
he already hits for good ave...is a SS,,at 6-3..so he could prob play 2B..no prob...and prob 1B..as well...by the time he makes it to mlb..he could prob play any position in the infield

he is# 40 on mlb..prospects list
  • Born: 11/10/1999 in Magnolia, TX
  • Draft: 2018, Toronto Blue Jays, Round: 1, Overall Pick: 12
  • High School: Magnolia, Magnolia, TX
  • Relationship(s): brother of Jaxx Groshans
  • Follow:

YearABRHHRRBISBAVGOBPOPS
2019 Stats8312282131.337.427.909
MiLB Career Stats26933837561.309.376.833
Year
2019 Stats
MiLB Career Stats

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the merinars went for groshans...we would ..see ..some of shed long..before ..groshans got to mlb

looking at..mlbs draft prospects list...i dont see any..infield guys..that are as good..as..groshans...at #12...unless one of the SS..listed..in the top ten
falls..to #12
so i dont really know if the mariners..will take an infielder...at least with the first pick..no doubt they would with the next one..if they could not get 1 of the top 3 listed..SS..s

mlb top 100 draft prospects
Top Baseball Draft Prospects

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on to mariners..pitching.....a thought...before getting started today
going through spring the mariners seemed to be doing fine..but as soon as they hit regular season..all of a sudden..marco..starts having troubles

maybe..a bit of that..is the deference between...job...theory..and job reality...and expectations...for example

an architect...can make blue prints..for construction...but those blue prints do not always work.....they must be changed slightly(hopefully not a lot..
that would be a major prob)
that being the deference between.......theory....and reality....the expectation...is the job will be perfect...lolhalol

so..speculation..on this...is..guys go through spring...getting all the coaching..theory...then..they hit regular season...and are...a bit off which needs adjustment...the ability...to adjust...will bring marco...out of ..it...just needing some small adjustments

i have to go make some..small adjustment...myself...until later...ulmax..out...ultimate maximum...(a contractors...rocket buster)..lol

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Seag got his first bomb today, was almost followed by another bomb by Marmolejos but bounced off the top of wall and NY called it a double.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been pretty MIA since the season started but my initial thoughts so far:

- I'm stunned that Haniger somehow looks like the exact same guy he was before he went through all those injuries.
- I really think that Ty France is the real deal.
- I don't know why but I really don't want to see Seager depart.
- This team strikes out way too much.
- I'm starting to lose faith in Evan White.
- Still not convinced that J.P. Crawford or Dylan Moore are long-term solutions.
welcome back
yeah..
ageed
agreed
agreed on seager...part of it is..he seems to be a bit better..after a couple year batting slump..and his defence...was never a prob
article...seager in teir 5 at 3B..which is the way..i would rank them..instead of..1st through..50 or so
J-Ram atop fantasy third-base rankings

trammell and moore strike out..the most..for the amount of at bats...they have had....as far as numbers france and haniger are next
but im more concerned with..trammell and moore

he is working on it and i have seen a small improvement...but more must be done..for sure..they will not send him down...it is on the job hit training for white cuz he is a gold glove..and the mariners need him...at mlb..they have no one in the miners even close..i don think they even have a drafted 1B..in the system....

Jake Scheiner
..who is a 3B..may be the closest..thing to a part time 1B guy the mariners have...Keenan, Tyler..mariners 4th round draft pick..a 3B..maybe a !st base as well

they will prob not get rid of crawford or moore either...crawford..a gold glove..the worst that would happen..is crawford..would be on the bench
moore is a good utility player who..is playing 2B..right now..and Lf
yeah..they need to add..a 2B..who can hit...and..........a free agent wont really do it.......and a drafted..guy will be to far away...there is .....shed long...
but...unfortunatly...they still need..to make a trade........

and not just any trade....they need.a premium...2B player..and that..is going to cost big..as far as prospects go...but...that is the only...position
that ......that is the case....
then the mariners could just continue on...with what they are doing...and the pitching they have in the miners will start trickling in

then...per...... joe doyle......trevor bauer..will want to be a mariner( cuz he lives in the area)..but he wants to be..on a wining team..going to playoffs first
blake snell..formerly of..tampa...now of..san diego...is from kent..still lives there...and is a good..with being..a mariner...so

there are 2 good pitchers..that the mariners we know...could ..get in free agents...they would pay big...for both...or either

again ..welcome..back

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree with all of this. Having Dylan Moore prove he’s not an everyday guy would be the most obvious thing. Most on here knew that he was better fit for a utility role. White needs to go to the minors ASAP. I think once Lewis and kelenic are ready they will have the flexibility to do that. I still have faith in Crawford but his swing and approach is just lost right now. Mechanics remind me of Ackley struggles. I think it’s fixable and hope it happens
See the thing with Dylan Moore is he had an excellent 2020 season, but before that was not very good to put it frankly. I think the Mariners might want to consider putting Ty France at 2B unless they see him as the successor to Seager at third.

Today's great game by Seager aside, I don't know what it is but watching him this year and last really makes me think he deserves an extension. I really do think he found something out at the plate last year. He had a career high walk rate and a career low strike out rate. After coming back from injury in 2019 he has hit 26 HRs in his last 122 games with a .265 BA.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome back
yeah..
ageed
agreed
agreed on seager...part of it is..he seems to be a bit better..after a couple year batting slump..and his defence...was never a prob
article...seager in teir 5 at 3B..which is the way..i would rank them..instead of..1st through..50 or so
J-Ram atop fantasy third-base rankings

trammell and moore strike out..the most..for the amount of at bats...they have had....as far as numbers france and haniger are next
but im more concerned with..trammell and moore

he is working on it and i have seen a small improvement...but more must be done..for sure..they will not send him down...it is on the job hit training for white cuz he is a gold glove..and the mariners need him...at mlb..they have no one in the miners even close..i don think they even have a drafted 1B..in the system....

Jake Scheiner
..who is a 3B..may be the closest..thing to a part time 1B guy the mariners have...Keenan, Tyler..mariners 4th round draft pick..a 3B..maybe a !st base as well

they will prob not get rid of crawford or moore either...crawford..a gold glove..the worst that would happen..is crawford..would be on the bench
moore is a good utility player who..is playing 2B..right now..and Lf
yeah..they need to add..a 2B..who can hit...and..........a free agent wont really do it.......and a drafted..guy will be to far away...there is .....shed long...
but...unfortunatly...they still need..to make a trade........

and not just any trade....they need.a premium...2B player..and that..is going to cost big..as far as prospects go...but...that is the only...position
that ......that is the case....
then the mariners could just continue on...with what they are doing...and the pitching they have in the miners will start trickling in

then...per...... joe doyle......trevor bauer..will want to be a mariner( cuz he lives in the area)..but he wants to be..on a wining team..going to playoffs first
blake snell..formerly of..tampa...now of..san diego...is from kent..still lives there...and is a good..with being..a mariner...so

there are 2 good pitchers..that the mariners we know...could ..get in free agents...they would pay big...for both...or either

again ..welcome..back
One of the big things I'm wondering is what the Mariners should do with Haniger. He looks like the player he was before suffering those injuries. Should we hold on to him as part of the rebuild? Or try to get something in return for him knowing we have Trammel, Kelenic, Julio and Kyle Lewis in the organization already?

Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately I only have the time/energy to post on days I'm not working. I've developed this weird OCD thing where I refuse to do anything after I get done with work.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the big things I'm wondering is what the Mariners should do with Haniger. He looks like the player he was before suffering those injuries. Should we hold on to him as part of the rebuild? Or try to get something in return for him knowing we have Trammel, Kelenic, Julio and Kyle Lewis in the organization already?

Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately I only have the time/energy to post on days I'm not working. I've developed this weird OCD thing where I refuse to do anything after I get done with work.

mariners com back to win in the 9th inning..winn series ..with twins..on the road

yeah...like i said..they only ..need to..trade..for the 2b...and it has to be a premium guy...so..unless haniger was part of a trade..that involved that..then
prob not..anyway..they will prob not trade haniger...until..they have julio..ready..then it is a maybe
they say right now he is there best player

the mariners have enough.in the minors.....for one trade..for a premium..player...and sense..that is all they need...may as well..go get one...i would say
by trade deadline...but somtime before would be good

yeah france can play..2b..but he is really...a Dh..and marmo..is a good DH..and backup 1b...but ya ..need..that 2b guy..to go to the playoffs...and beyond
and they will need those pitchers to trickle from the minors

and the free agents...cuz..they really want a world series...not just..playoffs

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah..who would be traded..also prob would be some of the pitchers they have at mlb..especially...if they signed free agents next year..and the next

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guy to keep an eye on...who...seems to be breaking out at the mlb lvl........some times...you get thoughs aberrations(

noun​

the act of departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
the act of deviating from the ordinary, usual, or normal type.
deviation from truth or moral rectitude.

how can it be a noun...when..it is an action...im ..going brain bonkers......oh well

anyway..it could be an aberration...but just keep an eye on him
Phillip Evans

Phillip Evans #24​

• 3B
  • B/T: R/R
  • 5' 10"/210
mlb4cg.png

SummaryStatsNewsAwardsSHOP
  • Phillip Mathew Evans
  • Nickname: Barrel
  • Born: 9/10/1992 in Whittier, CA
  • Draft: 2011, New York Mets, Round: 15, Overall Pick: 462

SeasonTeamLGGABRHTB2B3BHRRBIBBIBBSOSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPSGO/AO
2017NYMNL193341012200140800.303.395.364.7580.36
2018NYMNL1521133000120810.143.217.143.3600.67
2020PITNL113961419201950701.359.444.487.9321.00
2021PITNL82861121103420200.393.452.7501.2022.00
MLB Career--53121173855504151302511.314.394.455.8490.90

if he would take..300 or 400..at bats..we would see then

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See the thing with Dylan Moore is he had an excellent 2020 season, but before that was not very good to put it frankly. I think the Mariners might want to consider putting Ty France at 2B unless they see him as the successor to Seager at third.

Today's great game by Seager aside, I don't know what it is but watching him this year and last really makes me think he deserves an extension. I really do think he found something out at the plate last year. He had a career high walk rate and a career low strike out rate. After coming back from injury in 2019 he has hit 26 HRs in his last 122 games with a .265 BA.
I’ve been in the extend Seager camp for about a yearish now. You won’t find a better value on the market to replace him and there doesn’t appear to be anyone in the system to replace him. At the very least there is zero reason not to at least pick up his option at the end of the year to buy yourself more time. I think the best value you can get with him is to keep him as oppose to trading him

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and I’ll give the team credit today for battling back and winning a series on the road vs a good team

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just nuts. I’ve never known of a manager that has done so little to garner this much job security. A manager and GM should never be a package deal. If they are then that is on the GM
Not disagreeing at all. When the “reimagining” happened he should have been let go. Just saying I just don’t see how Jerry can justify keeping his job if he fires Scott.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This young team might actually be good and worth following. It obviously started last year with the shortened season and they'll continue to improve.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to Kevin White and Kyle Lewis coming back from injury we are finally at a phase where our roster aren't a bunch of vet players waiting for their contracts to expire. I like how the team is vibrant with younger players gelling together trying to make a name for themselves. Of course it is too early to tell but I for one will be following the team and see how these young guys play.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another game clawing back from what seemed like an out of reach deficit, unreal.

This team has already shown an unbelievable amount of fight in their DNA, gotta give some credit to Scott Servais. Whether he's here to see this wave of players go through is yet to be seen, but so far the culture that he has created is impressive; especially considering the culture killer from Kevin Mather that should have derailed the start of the season in the very least.

Excited to watch this team and can't wait until Lewis is back to beef up the lineup a bit. It get's a little thin on the back end so his arrival will be great to see.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been in the extend Seager camp for about a yearish now. You won’t find a better value on the market to replace him and there doesn’t appear to be anyone in the system to replace him. At the very least there is zero reason not to at least pick up his option at the end of the year to buy yourself more time. I think the best value you can get with him is to keep him as oppose to trading him
I know I posted about this years ago, but I read an article on The Athletic how Kyle Seager prior to the 2018 season took on an extreme nutrition and physical science program and honestly just looking at him you can see he looks like he's in better shape than he has ever been. Also his approach at the plate looks a lot better to me. His K% rate in 2020 was the lowest of his career and had the highest walk rate of his career.

I'm also with you that we won't find a 3B of his caliber for only $15m (I believe that's how much his option is). Also as you mentioned, who is his replacement? Do we put Ty France at 3B? The fact that he has played so many games at DH given the hole at 2B (I'm willing to call it that at this point), I think speaks volumes about how the team feels about his fielding abilities.

My confidence in Seager going forward and my feelings of him being our best option at 3B aside, I have to admit I'm very biased with him due to the nostalgia value. He has been a regular starter for us the last 10 years and with Felix gone, it's hard to have much attachment to many of the players at this point given their limited playing experience for us. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but I feel like I value the fact that he's a guy who has played the 4th most games in Mariners history plays a big role in me wanting to see him stay on the team.