• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Roadtrip: May 3rd - 9th

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll take it. Ball thrown just off the line and a run scores.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Urias has been a bright spot for sure. I was down on him way too hard early on.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio with a weak ball up the middle for another missed RISP chance.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Urias has been a bright spot for sure. I was down on him way too hard early on.
Me too. But he seems like a great team player. Every interview I hear with him is about team. Like that. Happy for him and hope this continues. Still not sure if he has the arm for 3B, but he deserves a shot at more time for now.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio with a weak ball up the middle for another missed RISP chance.
Sorry, but he is the worst superstar in the league. Great personality, but he struggles way too often and for too long. I know he will bounce back, but when your team misses playoffs by a couple games each year, his bad month and a half starts mean a lot.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but he is the worst superstar in the league. Great personality, but he struggles way too often and for too long. I know he will bounce back, but when your team misses playoffs by a couple games each year, his bad month and a half starts mean a lot.
I still blame the team more than him.

If this was late 90's, what would Lou have done having a kid with this talent and these struggles? I remember him bringing in hitting coaches specific to one guy. He didn't accept guys having bad approaches game after game.

This team is so bad at hitting purely because they don't focus on it to the level some other teams/organizations do.

I think Julio playing on most any other team would be every bit what he's capable of being.

If they can't bring in some veteran to teach him or find a way to get him a hitting coach he can connect with, he's not going to improve.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Dumper Thumper!!

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job by Raleigh.

But can we rely on our "closer?"

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still blame the team more than him.

If this was late 90's, what would Lou have done having a kid with this talent and these struggles? I remember him bringing in hitting coaches specific to one guy. He didn't accept guys having bad approaches game after game.

This team is so bad at hitting purely because they don't focus on it to the level some other teams/organizations do.

I think Julio playing on most any other team would be every bit what he's capable of being.

If they can't bring in some veteran to teach him or find a way to get him a hitting coach he can connect with, he's not going to improve.
Ya I would like to believe you but hard to believe we just punt hitting every year. I think they are too scared to try and correct their franchise player. Same reason they gave him a mega contract a year too soon. Fear he will want out.

As far as Lou goes, Lou would have sent his ass down the lineup or down to the minors and tell him to get it figured out. Just my feeling on it.

And what did Nelson Cruz say about being a hitting coach? No way. Not after the way they treated Edgar he said. I think he referred to the players.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has a lot of problems, but took another series against a division foe and that has to be good enough for now.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two out, and Altuve to bat...

here goes

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good series win. Not the easiest to watch, but it is in the books.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shocking win. they've proven me wrong a lot. hope they can keep it up.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I would like to believe you but hard to believe we just punt hitting every year. I think they are too scared to try and correct their franchise player. Same reason they gave him a mega contract a year too soon. Fear he will want out.

As far as Lou goes, Lou would have sent his ass down the lineup or down to the minors and tell him to get it figured out. Just my feeling on it.

And what did Nelson Cruz say about being a hitting coach? No way. Not after the way they treated Edgar he said. I think he referred to the players.
That's kind of the point. It isn't just Julio that under performs at the plate for this team, they haven't been able to get the big hitting coaches, they haven't moved Julio down the order or sat him when he keeps doing the same dumb stuff over and over.

He's fixable. Just not sure this organization as currently constructed are the ones that can help him.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shocking win. they've proven me wrong a lot. hope they can keep it up.
We ALL get that feeling, and with damn good reason.

We often feel like the front office is trying to sabotage our attempts at any progress we may try to make...

still, nice to see us taking another series.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree 100%

His strike out rate is off the hook he swings and misses Constantly. His pitch recognition and going fishing for balls out of the zone is abysmal.

The fact that he’s on pace to hit five home runs this season should be a wake up. Call to somebody in that front office.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say the injury he had his rookie season affected him in a big way.

Ever since that Home Run Derby, he just hasn't been able to live up to the hype.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of the point. It isn't just Julio that under performs at the plate for this team, they haven't been able to get the big hitting coaches, they haven't moved Julio down the order or sat him when he keeps doing the same dumb stuff over and over.

He's fixable. Just not sure this organization as currently constructed are the ones that can help him.
OK. I was talking more specifically the pitching coaches who have no power on dropping a guy in the lineup. If you mean as a whole organization failing hitters, then ya 100% agree.

But a lot of our struggles have to do with just having inferior hitters. I don't know if Julio is a good hitter or not. He is a great athlete with great personality but no clue if he can be a stud hitter. Hit well in minors, but also not a lot of time in the minors. Time will tell I guess. I am just not sure about him.