• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Rangers: June 3rd - 5th

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how Dipoto approaches the trade deadline.

In reality, we have maybe a 10% chance of making the playoffs, but given Dipoto's hubris I can still see him being aggressive. At a minimum I expect him to look at guys who he thinks can also contribute next year and beyond, although Contreras doesn't exactly fit that mold given his upcoming free agency.

I don't know what it would take but I'd still ship a boatload for Juan Soto. Really the only guys I wouldn't package for him are Julio, Gilbert and Kirby. Although given our ownership, we'd send a haul for him and then let him walk in free agency.
Unfortunately, I think Gilbert or Kirby would have to be part of the deal if I was Reds mgmt...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I think Gilbert or Kirby would have to be part of the deal if I was Reds mgmt...
I agree. Hell if I were them I'd require Julio, one of those two be included, along with Marte and another top prospect. That's why it's more of a fantasy than realistic trade proposal. Soto is one of the best hitters in baseball and is only 23 and doesn't hit free agency until 2025.

Now that I give it more thought, I feel stupid for even proposing that idea because I don't think there is a deal I would take for Soto if I were the Nats.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Hell if I were them I'd require Julio, one of those two be included, along with Marte and another top prospect. That's why it's more of a fantasy than realistic trade proposal. Soto is one of the best hitters in baseball and is only 23 and doesn't hit free agency until 2025.

Now that I give it more thought, I feel stupid for even proposing that idea because I don't think there is a deal I would take for Soto if I were the Nats.
I love the idea of Juli/Soto being our core... If Kelanic, Braush, White are part of the deal along with either Gilbert/Kirby as well... I'd be ok with that...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 series wins in a row... Need to do the same against the Stroh's beginning tomorrow... Going to be tough...

Also, i'll be the game against the Red Sox on June 11th... I scored Diamond seat tickets 3 rows behind the home plate side of our dugout... I'm stoked... I am a huge Red Sox fan so I do try to see the Sox/M's game every year... I'd have season tickets if I lived in Seattle - not when i'm in Spokane though... Love Spokane... Would never move back to Seattle...
Damn dude that'll be a real treat. Those tickets are expensive as hell, especially when the Red Sox are in town.

You just have to promise us you won't be one of the many people in the stadium wearing Red Sox gear lol.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude that'll be a real treat. Those tickets are expensive as hell, especially when the Red Sox are in town.

You just have to promise us you won't be one of the many people in the stadium wearing Red Sox gear lol.
My best friends mom was Dwight Evans cousin... When I was in 3rd grade, Dwight and his family would come to his house for Thanksgiving... My friend lived on a Culdasac so at 4pm every Thanksgiving, Dwight would come out and be permanent QB for all us kids on the block for a Turkeybowl game... He was awesome... He would give us mitts, balls, bats so of course, I have been a huge Red Sox fan ever since then... But I do bleed Mariner blue first and fore most... But it also is nice to have a secondary team you can root for in the postseason... :D

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely stole "The Plague" from you with all of my friends and coined it as my own.

We have some time, but I'll need you to think of a nickname for Drew Lock and/or Geno Smith before the season starts.
nick names ussually...are auto...or earned...they call you that..cuz they do......lolooll..or you earned it....lolok

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In reality, we have maybe a 10% chance of making the playoffs, but given Dipoto's hubris I can still see him being aggressive. At a minimum I expect him to look at guys who he thinks can also contribute next year and beyond, although Contreras doesn't exactly fit that mold given his upcoming free agency.

I don't know what it would take but I'd still ship a boatload for Juan Soto. Really the only guys I wouldn't package for him are Julio, Gilbert and Kirby. Although given our ownership, we'd send a haul for him and then let him walk in free agency.
while that is true....an ian hape trade...maybe ok...ifkelinic is traded there..he is un likely..to go else where...if seattle is the team..

getting shanked after..a trade..the get comp..in the draft...so trade for 2..sign 2 next year..= 4..just math...baby..lol..

need them to get a quaifying offer haniger.frazier....then he sign with san fran...ok then..

contraras ok then..if free agent consistant ly...do the play..and run..seattle will get prospect rich..like tampa..

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see this as a typical buy/sell choice this year.

Even if they believe there is no window for playoffs this year, they should still be buyers. Dumping guys for payroll/future doesn't make sense with the cycle they are in. They need talent and they need a lot of it. More than one winter season can fill. At least with as little as they are willing to spend to reach out for it.

They kind of have to still be looking to upgrade at any position even if 'next year' is still their song.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Correa, Trea Turner and Xander Bogaerts will all be free agents - if they hit the market. Either move one of them to 2B or tell J.P. to suck it up and move to second if that's what it takes to improve this team.
Think lower. Look and see who is going downhill and will be cheap. Then you have your next Mariner.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard of no more draft comp..but it seems to be happing this year..

like with the trade i did with cubs..was good..even with contreras...even if he signs else where...and a pick...is coming

cuz i did not give up..any of there best guys...except for hancock...whitch..im trying to up his value..

and help seattle at the same time...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we take every remaining series (just making them all 3 games series fore ease), we would have 96 wins. But that is winning EVERY remaining series. It can be done, but we are the Mariners so don't hold your breath.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the rotation we are looking at

gilbert
ray
flexen..although a free agent..2 more years of arb.
gonzales..likes it here
kirby..

mariners not tradeing those guys...i would say

or stoubt ,campbell, brash,dollard

hence my addition of wade miley

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if there intention..was to only use it on seattle.against.them.......then seattle needs to use it as a weapon againt them

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would mean..trading for cotraras and miley..and if they dont sign..with seattle..then draft pick..comp..

either way..they served a purpose...same as frazier

keep doing that till ya get the guys you want....

4 a year should do..for now...8 picks in the top100...works for me

Last edited:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the only reason I've watched every game this week is because I came down with Covid and had limited entertainment options in quarantine.
Yikes, WizardHawk, hope it passes quickly for you. I guess the Mariners can be considered limited "entertainment"
If we take every remaining series (just making them all 3 games series fore ease), we would have 96 wins. But that is winning EVERY remaining series. It can be done, but we are the Mariners so don't hold your breath.

:pound: :pound:I won't even take a breath on that one. Snowballs do, in fact, melt in hell. :suds: lol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we dont have haniger...we need maybe..conforto..''

but drafting HR hitters...is good as well...

and i have posted some good ones..

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, WizardHawk, hope it passes quickly for you. I guess the Mariners can be considered limited "entertainment"

:pound: :pound:I won't even take a breath on that one. Snowballs do, in fact, melt in hell. :suds: lol
I'll be fine. I have been cleared to return to work. The chest stuff will hang for a while, but I'm mostly good. :thumb: