• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ms. Marvel

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series is supposed to set up for the next Captain Marvel movie

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 4 episodes, i was very excited about where this show was going...

Episode 5 closed up lots of story... almost ruined the show for me...

hopefully the finale is a good episode... 5 was just super disappointing...

now it looks to me that they are too focused on the Ms Marvel movie set up...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a ten-year-old daughter, so I'm watching. I had the exact same feeling about the main mystery and antagonist being wrapped up so easily, abruptly, and early. Change the pacing a little and it would be a typical season finale.

Plot was never a strength of the show anyway. Actors are good and the culture is rich. Stylistically it's pretty odd for Marvel.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a ten-year-old daughter, so I'm watching. I had the exact same feeling about the main mystery and antagonist being wrapped up so easily, abruptly, and early. Change the pacing a little and it would be a typical season finale.

Plot was never a strength of the show anyway. Actors are good and the culture is rich. Stylistically it's pretty odd for Marvel.

hey there... no need to qualify your reasons of watching here... you can admit it, you are watching for yourself...LOL

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey there... no need to qualify your reasons of watching here... you can admit it, you are watching for yourself...LOL
if you want to continue to know what is going on in future MCU movies, everything they put out is required watching

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's that damn Disney+ 6 episode shit. This show was really cruising along nicely. Like you said, the first 4 episodes were great. But now you see them trying to cram everything into the final 2 episodes. It's rushed. Episode 5 wasn't satisfying in any way and you really didn't learn anything new from it either. They're really handicapping themselves with the limited episode runs for the MCU/Star Wars shows. Some might work ok with 6 episodes, but others need more. Ms. Marvel definitely feels like a show that could have used 8 to 10 episodes.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ending was a bit tropey and campy, but I liked it overall. 3.75 out of 5 for the whole series

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ending was a bit tropey and campy, but I liked it overall. 3.75 out of 5 for the whole series
That little bit in the last 30 seconds is HUGE, though (not talking about the post credit). And it isn’t just a tease…. They freakin played the music!

And for the record…

First use of the word (or a form of the word) in the entire history of the MCU.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where did Kamala go to if Captain Marvel ended up in Kamala's room on earth?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where did Kamala go to if Captain Marvel ended up in Kamala's room on earth?
They switched locations. Where ever Captain Perfect-NoFault was, the Ugandan Giant-girl now is.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That little bit in the last 30 seconds is HUGE, though (not talking about the post credit). And it isn’t just a tease…. They freakin played the music!

And for the record…

Wouldn’t it be the 2nd because of

Didn’t they play the music and say Professor X was a Mutant in Doctor Strange M.o.M?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t it be the 2nd because of

Didn’t they play the music and say Professor X was a Mutant in Doctor Strange M.o.M?
They played the music for Prof X, but did they use the word?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right, I just watched it, they just said his name.
I wish I were wrong. Kinda sucks that the first use of the word was in this show.

They couldn’t legally use the word before Disney bought Fox, btw. Fox owned the word in the Marvel comic book context.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I were wrong. Kinda sucks that the first use of the word was in this show.

They couldn’t legally use the word before Disney bought Fox, btw. Fox owned the word in the Marvel comic book context.

We’re supposed to be getting X-Men 97 next year so we know more is coming but ya I wish it would’ve been in a bigger medium than the tv show that didn’t do great ratings.

And ya, that’s why they could never refer to Wanda and Quicksilver as Mutant’s or even Magneto’s children when they first appeared because Fox owned all that. I wonder if they’ll retcon all that stuff now or just ignore it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And for the record…

I can't make up my mind of its meaningful (as in the way to kick start mutants and X-men in the MCU) or a troll to all the people debating about Inhumans/X-men. Because when Bruno tells her the news, she says something like "its not important. It's just a label". Either way, it was cool

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the finale. They rushed things quite a bit in episode 5 but still managed to give a good conclusion. I still wish this had more time (Disney+ 6 episode deal is bullshit that's hurting themselves), but this still managed to be one of the best MCU shows to date. Right up there with Loki and Wandavision. I'm much more interesting in The Marvels because of this

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the finale. They rushed things quite a bit in episode 5 but still managed to give a good conclusion. I still wish this had more time (Disney+ 6 episode deal is bullshit that's hurting themselves), but this still managed to be one of the best MCU shows to date. Right up there with Loki and Wandavision. I'm much more interesting in The Marvels because of this

agree finale was great... the fight really showcased her powers... episode 5 could have easily been 2 or 3 episodes long... but the finale was almost a perfect finale for this show... not sure what or if i would have changed anything...

even like the Captain Marvel appearance in the post credit scene...

My only complaint, and it is such a minor one, and it was kind of what they were forced to do with the plot, but i hate how she gets her Ms Marvel name... it seemed forced, and too coincidental... a lot like how Superboy gets named Connor Kent(How do you randomly get named Kent that is not related to Clark Kent??)

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate how they are erasing the Inhumans here.

Shield has a lot of history with the Inhumans already. We have the Kree in the MCU, in the Captain Marvel movie, even. There was the blue arm with the bangle in this very series. We have BlackBolt now too.

Why are they afraid to use that word? They went full multiverse but need to simplify Inhumans into Mutants?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate how they are erasing the Inhumans here.

Shield has a lot of history with the Inhumans already. We have the Kree in the MCU, in the Captain Marvel movie, even. There was the blue arm with the bangle in this very series. We have BlackBolt now too.

Why are they afraid to use that word? They went full multiverse but need to simplify Inhumans into Mutants?

Normally i would agree about the inhumans and real origins... But i dont mind it here at all... why?? because the origin change makes sense to the culture... first arab superhero?? should have been an arab story in the first place, shouldnt it??

as to her "mutation" that she was told about at the end of the episode, it was so vague, that it could be anything... even inhuman if they want to go that path...