• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Jonah Heims - 8/17 - 8/19

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we finished the sweep but man... That was hard to watch in the 9th... So tell me again... Why did we trade for Castillo? He has a 3.86 era with the mans with 1 save, 1 hold and 3 Blown saves... He's young, while under contract so I get that part, but he's been nothing less than impressive...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we finished the sweep but man... That was hard to watch in the 9th... So tell me again... Why did we trade for Castillo? He has a 3.86 era with the mans with 1 save, 1 hold and 3 Blown saves... He's young, while under contract so I get that part, but he's been nothing less than impressive...
Not to be a dick but I think we have kind of dissected this to the bare bones in a couple of threads.

Regardless if he continues down this path, Ill stand by the moves because the team is better for it.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think it's arguably better they won this way.

The bullpen should be allowed to have an off night with the offense being the one to pick up the slack.

If this team has any hope of hanging around that's going to have to be the case in some of these games.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think it's arguably better they won this way.

The bullpen should be allowed to have an off night with the offense being the one to pick up the slack.

If this team has any hope of hanging around that's going to have to be the case in some of these games.
I don't agree. Blowing a 5 run lead in the 9th is never acceptable imo. This bullpen has A LOT of blown saves this year. People keep talking about how great they've been, but they've coughed up a lot of leads.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. Blowing a 5 run lead in the 9th is never acceptable imo. This bullpen has A LOT of blown saves this year. People keep talking about how great they've been, but they've coughed up a lot of leads.
This isnt a .500 team without the bullpen.

They are 3rd in bullpen Fwar, 3rd in FIP, 3rd in BB/9, 10th in ERA(this has gone down a bit recently), 6th in Saves, 4th lowest in HR/9.

There is no debate this is what has carried the team so they are allowed to show they are human and have a bad night.

On the flip side this has been a largely brutal offense, so for me it is much more encouraging to see games won due to the offense because it doesnt happen much.

The problem is the bullpen has been that good that people are quick to point the leads they don't hold in games they lose 3-2 or 4-3 when another hit or two could have been the difference.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a dick but I think we have kind of dissected this to the bare bones in a couple of threads.

Regardless if he continues down this path, Ill stand by the moves because the team is better for it.
Depends on your perspective. The deals for some reason are being considered mutually exclusive just because Jerry spun it that way after getting backlash.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hilarious that people would need motivation to watch a team having it's best and most entertaining season in years.

The team seems to have gotten over the trade. Might be time for others to

200.gif
Honestly I was just bored and trying to hype Marco up lol.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isnt a .500 team without the bullpen.

They are 3rd in bullpen Fwar, 3rd in FIP, 3rd in BB/9, 10th in ERA(this has gone down a bit recently), 6th in Saves, 4th lowest in HR/9.

There is no debate this is what has carried the team so they are allowed to show they are human and have a bad night.

On the flip side this has been a largely brutal offense, so for me it is much more encouraging to see games won due to the offense because it doesnt happen much.

The problem is the bullpen has been that good that people are quick to point the leads they don't hold in games they lose 3-2 or 4-3 when another hit or two could have been the difference.

the bull pen came through today...and the mariners came back...nice job...by them...now..oakland could lose..to make it even better..lol

Giants

Athletics
TOP 9