• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Homestead: June 28th - July 7th

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care about cubs 2b..
Who.lost it ..
And know I's hitting .243.
Like .seager.and siemin..

Rengifo../kiner- falifa..
Rengifo is free agent i..think 25 or 26
That sounds. Just about right
For.. Cole young..

If I'm going to pay a primo.price..
I want primo players ..
On the mariners side...understando.

Jackamo.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will hope for the best.....and expect.
The worst ...as always..

It is the blue jays coming to town..

Who to watch..
Kiner falifa..2b/3b/of..

Not really..on anyone's radar...
But he hits ..
270..was Yankees know jays .

More of a utility player.
Seems what Seattle is built on...

Couch points thinks Seattle will .
Give up .
Cole young...

But I don't think so ..
Harry ford maybe...
Colt emmerson..probably.
Farmelo .hard to say .

Montes ..no..
Cole young..no..
Seattle needs.a 2b..

And young..is the best..
Thing Seattle has seen..
Sense cano...

So..lay off .cluch points.
Kiner Flaffflaaallaa or how ever you spell his last name is on the IL.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will hope for the best.....and expect.
The worst ...as always..

It is the blue jays coming to town..

Who to watch..
Kiner falifa..2b/3b/of..

Not really..on anyone's radar...
But he hits ..
270..was Yankees know jays .

More of a utility player.
Seems what Seattle is built on...

Couch points thinks Seattle will .
Give up .
Cole young...

But I don't think so ..
Harry ford maybe...
Colt emmerson..probably.
Farmelo .hard to say .

Montes ..no..
Cole young..no..
Seattle needs.a 2b..

And young..is the best..
Thing Seattle has seen..
Sense cano...

So..lay off .cluch points.

Kiner Flaffflaaallaa or how ever you spell his last name is on the IL.
For him..i gues ya have to.
Highlites on you tube .
But I been watching him sense yankees.so.i kind if know already..but raised .his bat ave in Toronto..
It seems they all do in Toronto..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you clutch points ..
Much.better..
Thete seems to not be an emphises.
On 1b..
With .
France .
Raley..
Locklear..AAA..for.next season..
Could they..Pete Alonzo m.sure..
But Seattle ownership..group..
Is notoriously .cheap..
So they probably won't....

The main concernes..
Are.polanco..2b..
And haniger./ Robles..witch..a pham.
Type..for example..could take care of..

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Julio got a couple hits I bet you he's back in the top of the lineup today.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example.

1 Crawford.L/L.ss.
2 regifo......2b/3b.(angel )would be good..
Bat champ lololo..well..they need hits.

3..rojas....2b..L/L.

4Julio.....cf

5haniger...dh for lak of an other..canha.
Is not much..better..then haniger right know..

6.raliegh...cat..switch.

6.france....1b.
7 raley......RF...L/L
8..pham..(white.sox)

10 zavala..
11 Moore
12canzone..
13 Robles .who they use as a runner..right now..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haniger good stay at#5..
Haniger bad..put France

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triple strike out score for a pitcher..

Julio.
Haniger.
Raliegh..
Maybe break them...up..but it's an example..so..

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

A true veteran might be able to get through to them where the coaching staff hasn't been able to. We don't need each of them to attempt to win the game in each at bat, we need them to just have solid at bats and make contact. Trust the guys around you to do the same. Put the fucking ball into play and at least make a more productive out than yet another strike out. Move a guy or possibly get lucky and the defense commits an error or you have a bloop. Putting the ball in play produces less wasteful outs.

Cal as a team leader isn't moving them out of this. Julio can't manage himself, more or less be a field leader. This is what they are badly missing.
Yep. Exactly what this team needs: a respected vet who will influence their approach to winning games. The problem is finding and acquiring that guy. We had him a couple years ago in Carlos Santana, but he is a more productive player now and with a contending team so there is no way he is available. So who is this much-needed veteran that will provide leadeship?

The guys who should be providing that vet leadership (Haniger, JP, Ty France, Dylan Moore, Mitch Garver, Jorge Polanco) are not because they can not back up their talk with their bat, and some of those six are the silent types (Haniger, Garver) while others are just kind of aloof (France, Polanco).

So who is a Carlos Santana type who is available? The problem, the way I see it, is that there are truly only 8 teams (as of now) out of contention for a wild card, who may deal their veterans. Three of them are in our division which makes an inter-division trade seem unlikely. So that only leaves five teams to shop from: Miami, Colorado, Toronto, Detroit, and Chicago White Sox. I can't find a veteran, team-first, leadership with a useful bat player, who may be available, on any of those teams.

White Sox:
Luis Roberts - doesn't strike me as a team-first type player. I don't see leadership qualities in him, just mounting injuries
Tommy Pham - would help the offense but: 8 different teams in the last seven seasons. That doesn't sound like leadership. It sounds like people get tired of him real quick.

Detroit:
Mark Canna - May have vet leadership there, but, no thanks. I don't like him. But he has typical Jerry Dipoto acquisition written all over him. ("I made the upgrade I promised boys. It's not my fault you couldn't do anything with it.")

Toronto:
Vlad jr and Bichette - Neither are probably available and both are too young to provide leadership to the core of the Mariner offense which is, on average, five years older than they
Springer - I think he is on the back side of his career, BUT, I do think he has excellent leadership qualities and would be no worse than the outfield we are running out there on a nightly basis. I would not at all be surprised if the Astros make a trade to bring him back, with Toronto eating most of what is left on his contract.
Justin Turner - he is Springer lite. Some leadership qualities but also with a rapidly-fading bat.

Colorado:
Ryan McMahon - team-friendly contract. It would require too much to get him. Don't know what, if any, leadership he may provide
Charlie Blackmon - probably has some leadership qualities, and has played on competitive teams in the past, but his offense has been underwhelming for the last four years. A .260 BA bat in Coors is probably a .175 BA bat in T-Mobile.

Miami:
Josh Bell: not producing the same offense he produced in Pittsburgh and being on five different teams in the last five years puts his leadership qualities into question ala Tommie Pham.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure belinger.in a world..where mariners can spend money..
In hanigers spot..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure belinger.in a world..where mariners can spend money..
In hanigers spot..
So.its bit more but I guess they already..are with haniger .but his contract.
End.s.sooner..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Exactly what this team needs: a respected vet who will influence their approach to winning games. The problem is finding and acquiring that guy. We had him a couple years ago in Carlos Santana, but he is a more productive player now and with a contending team so there is no way he is available. So who is this much-needed veteran that will provide leadeship?

The guys who should be providing that vet leadership (Haniger, JP, Ty France, Dylan Moore, Mitch Garver, Jorge Polanco) are not because they can not back up their talk with their bat, and some of those six are the silent types (Haniger, Garver) while others are just kind of aloof (France, Polanco).

So who is a Carlos Santana type who is available? The problem, the way I see it, is that there are truly only 8 teams (as of now) out of contention for a wild card, who may deal their veterans. Three of them are in our division which makes an inter-division trade seem unlikely. So that only leaves five teams to shop from: Miami, Colorado, Toronto, Detroit, and Chicago White Sox. I can't find a veteran, team-first, leadership with a useful bat player, who may be available, on any of those teams.

White Sox:
Luis Roberts - doesn't strike me as a team-first type player. I don't see leadership qualities in him, just mounting injuries
Tommy Pham - would help the offense but: 8 different teams in the last seven seasons. That doesn't sound like leadership. It sounds like people get tired of him real quick.

Detroit:
Mark Canna - May have vet leadership there, but, no thanks. I don't like him. But he has typical Jerry Dipoto acquisition written all over him. ("I made the upgrade I promised boys. It's not my fault you couldn't do anything with it.")

Toronto:
Vlad jr and Bichette - Neither are probably available and both are too young to provide leadership to the core of the Mariner offense which is, on average, five years older than they
Springer - I think he is on the back side of his career, BUT, I do think he has excellent leadership qualities and would be no worse than the outfield we are running out there on a nightly basis. I would not at all be surprised if the Astros make a trade to bring him back, with Toronto eating most of what is left on his contract.
Justin Turner - he is Springer lite. Some leadership qualities but also with a rapidly-fading bat.

Colorado:
Ryan McMahon - team-friendly contract. It would require too much to get him. Don't know what, if any, leadership he may provide
Charlie Blackmon - probably has some leadership qualities, and has played on competitive teams in the past, but his offense has been underwhelming for the last four years. A .260 BA bat in Coors is probably a .175 BA bat in T-Mobile.

Miami:
Josh Bell: not producing the same offense he produced in Pittsburgh and being on five different teams in the last five years puts his leadership qualities into question ala Tommie Pham.
Yeah that is.what mariners dont needs...but.cubs helped..beliger...maybe.
They can haniger..as well.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.its bit more but I guess they already..are with haniger .but his contract.
End.s.sooner..
Mariners are going to have alot of big names become non-tendered contracts and other players who are released with remaining guaranteed money on future contracts.

At least, I hope they will...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is.what mariners dont needs...but.cubs helped..beliger...maybe.
They can haniger..as well.
I think the Cubs, like Washington, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, NY Mets, and Giants, are in limbo in regards to the trade deadline. These six teams will probably wait deeper into July before they decide which direction they want to go.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For him..i gues ya have to.
Highlites on you tube .
But I been watching him sense yankees.so.i kind if know already..but raised .his bat ave in Toronto..
It seems they all do in Toronto..
He's an ok player. Descent at the plate but no power but possibly could be had without really giving up a half descent prospect.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners are ok on hrs till ..(12th.orvwhatever)
The last few searies..
Hits are what they need.if it's a hr.

Ok.