• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Homestead: June 28th - July 7th

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you gotta mix things up and make some changes, it can’t be any worse … This is kinda what we thought we’d see after a disastrous offseason where the M’s just gave up … I was stunned they’ve done as good as they have BUT reality is setting in, this offense is historically bad…
Oh, it CAN get worse. We always find ways to make it happen.

Don't underestimate our ineptitude.

Oh, and as far as tomorrow is concerned...

SHGetSwept.png

Seriously, I can't anymore with them...they give up on us because that's what Dipoto wants. Forever his whipping boys, halt when he demands it.

They are so done.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why this team can't hit. I never expected them to even be league average as a team, at hitting, but expected a lot more than this.
I just don't understand it.
I.
Just.
Don't.
Get.
It.

How can they suck this bad? An epidemic of suck that has not bypassed one single player. Irony: If Kelenic was still here, he'd be what we had expected and hoped for all along: the team's best hitter.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How miserable of a hitting team are the Mariners? Well, consider this: Dylan Fucking Moore leads the team in doubles, triples, and extra-base hits. He is second to Luke Raley in slugging percentage and OPS.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of difference in a year...
Last year..

Seagers.
Siemens..
Nico horner..cubs.
All.hit.300..

This year they are all..struggling ..
In the 250s...

And cubs start..rummers..of .
Catapulting..horner for hitting 250..

Yeah right .
If he is hitting 250..what makes you think..someone else wants him...

So you can steal..Cole.young..i suppose

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just trade..
For
Kiner-falifa...
And.
Rengifo..

Put falifa..in LF.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cat.harry ford../raliegh
1b.locklear../montes
2b rodden./bliss
Ss Cole young./rodden
3b.ben Williamson.
DH.montes.

LF clase../Packard.
Cf.julio/clase.
.RF.sundstrom../montes.

Mariners can get better.threw.
Trade or just there own guys,

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People are getting sick and tired of this shitty brand of baseball. They need to start showing it by not going to the park (or at least boo loudly at every strikeout) and stop buying merch. If you don't hit their bottom line you won't see them do anything about it.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why this team can't hit. I never expected them to even be league average as a team, at hitting, but expected a lot more than this.
I just don't understand it.
I.
Just.
Don't.
Get.
It.

How can they suck this bad? An epidemic of suck that has not bypassed one single player. Irony: If Kelenic was still here, he'd be what we had expected and hoped for all along: the team's best hitter.
I actually think that if Kelenic and Teoscar were still here they too would suck ass just like the rest of these guys. There is a systemic issue and when it come to the lack of hitting it starts in the clubhouse with Scott Servais. If you come to Seattle and play for this guy your production will hit lows at a historic level. I have no doubt in my mind that if Julio left to New York, Baltimore, or any other leading franchise he would rake right now. The Mariners are nothing more than a bunch of excuse making sissy asses. It’s the weather, it’s the marine layer, the opposing pitcher was fire tonight, blah blah f***ing blah. We will not win while Stanton owns the team and we won’t hit while Servais is in charge of the clubhouse.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that if Kelenic and Teoscar were still here they too would suck ass just like the rest of these guys. There is a systemic issue and when it come to the lack of hitting it starts in the clubhouse with Scott Servais. If you come to Seattle and play for this guy your production will hit lows at a historic level. I have no doubt in my mind that if Julio left to New York, Baltimore, or any other leading franchise he would rake right now. The Mariners are nothing more than a bunch of excuse making sissy asses. It’s the weather, it’s the marine layer, the opposing pitcher was fire tonight, blah blah f***ing blah. We will not win while Stanton owns the team and we won’t hit while Servais is in charge of the clubhouse.
Agree... Seems like this regime can't develop growth/production from an offensive standpoint... I remember watching Chris Taylor leave and blossom into a stud while making all star game's, etc... My first thought was, he'd never see that kind of production with this team so good on him... It just blows my mind how we have had all these top rated prospects in the top 50 over the past 3-4 years and we can't develop them into anything... Kelenic being one of them and then he goes to ATL and tears it up... I have no faith in this org... This is the first year since I can remember not having as much enthusiasm with the team... First time I haven't been able to watch them due to me not having root sports because I switched to youtubeTV... Part of me is happy that I'm no longer donating my money to this lost cause...

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ivan Drago Knockout GIF by LosVagosNFT

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They set out to prove you could build a championship caliber team entirely through the farm system and not have to trade for expensive pieces to get there.

After 9 years of it it's clear they failed.

I keep saying this, but I fully believe it. They aren't simply short a bat, they are short a team LEADER. Without a strong respected veteran leader on the team the rest of the guys are going to keep flailing at every downturn. No one on that team can lead them out of a funk. They aren't going to get that from the farm system either.

As long as they aren't going to be willing to EVER pay too much for that veteran leader with a killer approach they aren't going to get over the hump and keep the rest of the guys hitting around the back of their cards.

There is zero chance they can get these guys this year to hit to their potential without at least one solid vet to help drive them.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no changing it the owners are a group...
Stanton is majority...
But the group..are one .in policy..
It's only .a business to them..
And they don't care about winning..

Only shoving.a freezerbbar.up.any.
Unsuspecting...poor fan..who.
May like baseball....
Owners like them ruin..the sport..
And they have them elsewhere as well.
In MLB..

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no changing it the owners are a group...
Stanton is majority...
But the group..are one .in policy
Again, I'm not saying they are actually going to ever do this. I'm simply saying that's what it would take. If you really believe the ownership will never have a change in approach then they are doomed to never make a WS under them.

It's not entirely about money though. It's more about Jerry's philosophy and disdain about spending 'too much' in trade value vs dollars to fill in pieces. A shewed GM willing to take the right gamble on the right last couple of pieces can improve a team without breaking the payroll bank. Jerry doesn't like giving away his young pieces for that risk.

The combo of an ownership that won't increase payroll AND a VP/GM combo that isn't willing to risk big trades of young talent isn't a combination that can build a WS caliber team.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning..is the thing fans care about..
Owners only care about money.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not saying they are actually going to ever do this. I'm simply saying that's what it would take. If you really believe the ownership will never have a change in approach then they are doomed to never make a WS under them.

It's not entirely about money though. It's more about Jerry's philosophy and disdain about spending 'too much' in trade value vs dollars to fill in pieces. A shewed GM willing to take the right gamble on the right last couple of pieces can improve a team without breaking the payroll bank. Jerry doesn't like giving away his young pieces for that risk.

The combo of an ownership that won't increase payroll AND a VP/GM combo that isn't willing to risk big trades of young talent isn't a combination that can build a WS caliber team.
The chances are not good..I would not say impossable...
They will strait ..lie to fans.
If they feel it in there interest ...so..whatever..
Jedi.does try..in an impossable..situation....

The dwarves .delve.
To greedly..and to deep..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an old school thing ..teams used .
To do .is buy a championship .
But phili has been..trying for .
A while now..
And have not made it yet..
So you tell me...

Ya don't always get what ya..want..
But.the matiners minors may be.
There best chance..for the team..
To win....
They are like.3 pieces away...on
offence.

If santos works.and bull pen..gets on.track.

Last edited:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They set out to prove you could build a championship caliber team entirely through the farm system and not have to trade for expensive pieces to get there.

After 9 years of it it's clear they failed.

I keep saying this, but I fully believe it. They aren't simply short a bat, they are short a team LEADER. Without a strong respected veteran leader on the team the rest of the guys are going to keep flailing at every downturn. No one on that team can lead them out of a funk. They aren't going to get that from the farm system either.

As long as they aren't going to be willing to EVER pay too much for that veteran leader with a killer approach they aren't going to get over the hump and keep the rest of the guys hitting around the back of their cards.

There is zero chance they can get these guys this year to hit to their potential without at least one solid vet to help drive them.
They approach every at bat like they are in a homerun derby contest and that fucking trident award for hitting one out is just encouraging them to do it more. That dumbass trident needs to go.