• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Astros: May 2nd - 4th

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a minute hope everyone is doing well. I've been watching most games but just dont have the energy to post messages on my phone or get to a computer much these days. Should hopefully change in a few weeks.

Regardless Ill just say that when you build a team with clear warts, its not surprising when those warts expose themselves. They didn't do enough this offseason to push them a step forward. Also there's a reason Frazier, Winker and Suarez came easily in trades, those guys have warts too. I dont care about the narrative that we acquired "3 All star hitters." That means nothing to me. Suarez made the ASG years ago and Fraziers all star season was similar to Jose Lopez's when he completely tanked in the second half.

Bottom line is I dont think they are as bad as the road trip but I dont see anything more then an 85 win team at best. The month of May is tough so they could easily find themselves 7 or 8 games under .500 before June. If that happens then its gonna be a big hole to get the 90 wins they likely need.

Hope I am wrong but Go Ms regardless

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a minute hope everyone is doing well. I've been watching most games but just dont have the energy to post messages on my phone or get to a computer much these days. Should hopefully change in a few weeks.

Regardless Ill just say that when you build a team with clear warts, its not surprising when those warts expose themselves. They didn't do enough this offseason to push them a step forward. Also there's a reason Frazier, Winker and Suarez came easily in trades, those guys have warts too. I dont care about the narrative that we acquired "3 All star hitters." That means nothing to me. Suarez made the ASG years ago and Fraziers all star season was similar to Jose Lopez's when he completely tanked in the second half.

Bottom line is I dont think they are as bad as the road trip but I dont see anything more then an 85 win team at best. The month of May is tough so they could easily find themselves 7 or 8 games under .500 before June. If that happens then its gonna be a big hole to get the 90 wins they likely need.

Hope I am wrong but Go Ms regardless
Best post not only for content, but especially for it has been a minute since we have heard from you. Always enjoy your viewpoint and hope all is good.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robbie will give up 2 runs. Jrod will get 1 hit. Suarez will strike out 3 times.