• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Aholes: 4/26 - 4/29

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Kelenic only have be down at Tacoma for 17 days before we can bring him back without losing a year of his services? Why isn't he coming up to replace Trammell?
This is the move that needs to be made that would make an immediate upgrade. I really dont know what you can do with White other then just keep him out there and see if he gets it. You can maybe do a France/Marmo split there if it gets real bad, but I think you have to see what you have.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mariners claimed INF Jack Mayfield off waivers from the Angels.​

Mayfield was designated for assignment by the Angels over the weekend and will now join a division rival. The 30-year-old holds a .165/.193/.275 batting line over 115 plate appearances in the majors, but he can provide some depth all across the infield.

I get adding organizational depth, but why not have the guy be talented as well?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marco has good stuff so far tonight.

Gonna have to get to Javier, but that would be easier if his strike zone wasn't extended 3" off the plate, fucking umps this year.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying these things for a couple years now. There was no excuse to not add professional hitters to this lineup. None! They make the team better regardless of where your rebuild BS plan is. Cheap ass Mariners can't get out of their own way once again.

3 L's in a row and going back to earth real fast while wasting a lot of good itching, defense, and a couple of good hitters. How can you just waste a year like this and still try to sell you are looking to build a winner?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying these things for a couple years now. There was no excuse to not add professional hitters to this lineup. None! They make the team better regardless of where your rebuild BS plan is. Cheap ass Mariners can't get out of their own way once again.

3 L's in a row and going back to earth real fast while wasting a lot of good itching, defense, and a couple of good hitters. How can you just waste a year like this and still try to sell you are looking to build a winner?
Geez, I don't need to shoot my mouth off about things this time cuz your rant nailed it pretty damn well. :thumb: :pound: :amen:

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we chose not to even TRY to show up tonight, ah?

Typical.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would seriously want to hear what the REAL plan is with these guys at this point. If the higher-ups truly gave a shit, they'd have done something by now to prove to us they care about performance, and yet we see the same crap that we saw from Zdurencik and Bavasi, among others.

It's been 20 years since that memorable season, and by the looks of things, we'll never see another era like that ever again.

Mariners Baseball: Fuck These Guys

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, here's one better that best explains anyone we DO bring in to this organization:

SpongeBobDraggedMariners.png

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Royals are rebuilding and still signed Carlos Santana. Rangers are rebuilding and still signed David Dahl and traded for Khris Davis. Don’t let rebuilding be mistaken for being purposely cheap. And I was banging the Kolten Wong drum all winter. If they aren’t willing to give him an extra year then why should I believe they will all the sudden open their wallets next winter? Please it’s always next winter

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again. This is why I had said my opinion on Jerry changed this offseason. We may not like how he addresses things but the probably is above him

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mariners claimed INF Jack Mayfield off waivers from the Angels.​

Mayfield was designated for assignment by the Angels over the weekend and will now join a division rival. The 30-year-old holds a .165/.193/.275 batting line over 115 plate appearances in the majors, but he can provide some depth all across the infield.

I get adding organizational depth, but why not have the guy be talented as well?
mayfield is as bad as moore right now..........so i dont know what that will do..haggerty..seems better than mayfield or moore
guess i will have to wait for shed long a bit more

i was also waiting for fraley to come back..to get a better eval..on him...which..again..i would be ready to send trammell down
and get a look at fraley...then bring kelenic...after ..getting a look at fraley if he hits well..like 230 240..or better..then i could wait on kelenic
till at the latest..prob august
but ...that is not...the way...it is going...it seems......with no news..on fraley...trammell needs to be sent down to work on strike outs at least

well..i look at the kelenic situation..as..if there is no reason...then why..not bring him..if you are going to later(as in ..later this year) anyway
but
there are 2 guys who strike out...way to much right now.
trammell/...30 in 64 at bats
and
moore....25 in 63 at bats
these guys combined..with white.....19 strike outs in 63 at bats

kill's almost any hope of a bottom of the order..run of hits

murphy has not hit well...yet..i could still give him some more time...torrens..was..hitting well..but has slumped.....so..that is no help either
marmolejos...is slumping

rotation
gonzales ........pitched well tonight...with..no...run support

kikuchi.......my jury is still out on...cuz im looking for consistency from him
shefield..not pitching well...era should be ..around ...3.60..and is....5.32

flexen .......has pitched well.......and has been a nice addition to the rotation
dunn..is doing well..so far..i hope he keeps it up....era..is..3.68...where it should be

i think we will see
Ljay Newsome 74 ...in Nick Margevicius 5...spot...newsome has pitched well ......so far.....

and i dont have any probs with the bull pen...either..right now

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all that said..i could dream of a line up of

1.haniger......Rf
2. france..........Dh
3..seager..........3B..L/L
4..lewis..............CF

5 kelenic...........LF......L/L

6.white...............1B
7..............................2B...........L/L...i wish..this was.........trevor story.........but ya really need a left handed hitter right here............and i do not have one ready
8.murphy.............catch...future..cal Raleigh
9.crawford........ss...L/L

10. torrens
11. haggerty......\\\...doing better than..moore right now...he gets the nod..///.utility
12..marmolejos..1B/LF?DH..........ya need a Left handed hitter off the bench..and a back up 1B

13..mariners..really do not need..this guy....cuz they have haggerty..but
we will put them..anyway

trammell...or fraley....of...........moore...utility...shed long...........2B

this is a good line up...but it will ..always need ......good to better..pitching support...

possible..future rotation

blake snell...L/L
trevor bauer
well..........one can dream...lol

gonzales.....L/L
flexen
gilbert

dunn

ya really need another Lefty..but no one is standing out.........right now

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone is anxious to win but we need to continue to have patience there is no need to all of a sudden to go and start spending money and trading for veteran players. Lets continue to have white and Trammel play out there before we start talking about pulling the plug. I said before that I think the team will focus on making a run once both Kelenic and Rodriguez are both called up.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone is anxious to win but we need to continue to have patience there is no need to all of a sudden to go and start spending money and trading for veteran players. Lets continue to have white and Trammel play out there before we start talking about pulling the plug. I said before that I think the team will focus on making a run once both Kelenic and Rodriguez are both called up.
FWIW, I wasnt clamoring for Bauer or Springer type signings. I knew they weren't at that point. But at some point you do need to supplement with major league players. Not even super talented players but actual players. Brantley/Wong signings which @NWinAZ and I wanted wouldn't have blocked anyone significant and it raises the floor of the current team. I get giving guys time, but Dylan Moore is no part of the future and he is just wasting everyone's time by no fault of his own but because it was a cheap solution. White is up because he was a good boy and signed the contract. I agree he deserves more time but it would be more ideal if he was a #8 hitter instead of a #4 or #5.

I think there are some good things going on and I'm more upbeat then previous years but at the same time you there is way to many guys just overmatched in the lineup and it didnt need to be that way.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals are rebuilding and still signed Carlos Santana. Rangers are rebuilding and still signed David Dahl and traded for Khris Davis. Don’t let rebuilding be mistaken for being purposely cheap. And I was banging the Kolten Wong drum all winter. If they aren’t willing to give him an extra year then why should I believe they will all the sudden open their wallets next winter? Please it’s always next winter
I was going to include you in my rant but I didn't want to speak for you even though I know where you stood. Great points as always.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every Mariners agrees that 2B and any quality pitching would’ve been great. Moore is a solid utility guy, but you weaken your entire team when you turn a utility guy into a starter.