• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MP has no plans to take over defensive playcalling

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a new DC and more players.

This.

AND

2019 FA LB Jordan Hicks, signed by the Cardinals, should have been a must sign, imo, but no. (just ask smitty what he thought about that possibility). Hicks can cover and tackle and yes he had an injury in 2017 but he rebounded greatly in 2018.

2019 NFL Player Defense Stats | ESPN

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a new DC and more players.

This upcoming draft class sucks as far as LB who can cover goes. We have that to look forward to and 2 more years of Christian Jones playing horribly.

The flip side of that is GB LB Blake Martinez could be a FA as well as Browns LB Joe Schobert and Rams LB Littleton.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This upcoming draft class sucks as far as LB who can cover goes. We have that to look forward to and 2 more years of Christian Jones playing horribly.

The flip side of that is GB LB Blake Martinez could be a FA as well as Browns LB Joe Schobert and Rams LB Littleton.

Thats why I was pushing so hard for Devin White. Hock could be great some day but White is good now and at our weakest position. Davis is regressing so badly I dont think any team would take him now. He is just too stupid. Jones is a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE. He is too slow to be cover LB. I do like his pass rushing when they let him do it.

We better do something in the offseason because we are getting eaten alive by RBs and TEs. I think maybe we come up with a defense that requires no LBs.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need to resign A'Shawn and cut Snacks. Need to stay young and snacks is starting to regress on the wrong side of 30.
Wouldn't mind taking a shot on a DT in the mid rounds next year. Pass rusher in the 1st this year.
Sign one of those LBers you are talking about.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to resign A'Shawn and cut Snacks. Need to stay young and snacks is starting to regress on the wrong side of 30.

I'm not buying to this scenario where Snacks is done. He certainly didn't play even decent or mediocre his first couple of games but he has played better these last 2 games.

The re-sign A' Shawn I'm not sold on because his play level is too much of a roller coaster ride. His play is so much better only when he has a dominant DT next to him outside of the first 5 games this year. His play has subsided these last 3 games compared to those first 5. It's his contract earning time and he needs to be near 100% every game because he sure as hell hasn't been anything spectacular his first 3 seasons without a Ngata or Harrison next to him. IMO.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I was pushing so hard for Devin White. Hock could be great some day but White is good now and at our weakest position.

You were higher on Bush than White and the latter isn't playing better than the former by any such imagination. IMO. (I haven't looked at stats. It was the eyeball test).

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE. He is too slow to be cover LB. I do like his pass rushing when they let him do it.

:10:

Both Jones and Davis are pretty much in the same boat minus Davis' on field speed over Jones. Their best asset is blitzing and nothing else. Obviously Davis isn't 4-3 DE type other than on occasion.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were higher on Bush than White and the latter isn't playing better than the former by any such imagination. IMO. (I haven't looked at stats. It was the eyeball test).

Sorry, Yes that is Correct. Wrong Devin.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:

Both Jones and Davis are pretty much in the same boat minus Davis' on field speed over Jones. Their best asset is blitzing and nothing else. Obviously Davis isn't 4-3 DE type other than on occasion.

Jones is a much smarter player and surer tackler.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The re-sign A' Shawn I'm not sold on because his play level is too much of a roller coaster ride.

I am not recommending 10 million a year or anything but he has been good enough for me. Depending on the size of the contract. Inconsistent but great depth, rotation guy and has had way waaaay more splash plays than I've seen Jarrad Davis make at least.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, Yes that is Correct. Wrong Devin.

I wanted Devin Bush or Metcalf.

Could of had both but instead got a TE that gets game planned 2-3 targets a game and an average LB.
I am hoping that Alma Francis Jr. gets better and becomes a quality starter for us still. It will take a sting off of Metcalf. That guy looks like a beast already this season.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inconsistent but great depth, rotation guy and has had way waaaay more splash plays than I've seen Jarrad Davis make at least.

I'll agree with this but the money aspect and length until they can get out of a contract is the question.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could of had both but instead got a TE that gets game planned 2-3 targets a game and an average LB.
I am hoping that Alma Francis Jr. gets better and becomes a quality starter for us still. It will take a sting off of Metcalf. That guy looks like a beast already this season.

I think Hock just needs more time. Outside of a rookie QB, the TE position is the most difficult for a rookie to adapt to coming out of CFB. Route running, OL Blocking, Movement, is all so much different than what they were used to no matter what school or system they came from (not making an excuse for him, just telling it like it is). Furthermore, seeing guys like Kittle playing at such a high level is mostly due to not having other receiver's healthy and young Shanahan is better than his father was as an offensive mind.

The avg of 3 or so targets a game is ridiculous and that's all on Bevell, imo. This last game was THE Game to expose the Raider's defense for who they really are but Bevell didn't.

Hock really isn't a TE that can beat defenders with his speed because there is little quick area burst but he needs to learn how to utilize his frame to block out those defenders more.

Fans are pissed that James is a wrong FA signing and it's incorrect due to how Bevell uses him as well.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see Tavai making rookie mistakes but also making good plays too. The writers seem to love him. I see a mixed bag. He is not very fast but at least he is not stupid. You can work with his qualities. You cant fix stupid though.

Metcalf drops a lot of balls though or at least does not make a lot of catches he should. Sometimes the stats dont record it as a drop but as a "not caught". His "Not Caught" % is very high.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point in shuffling deck chairs on the titanic?