• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mother of Gawwwd ... Sox just retired Thome's number

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team who ever had him loved him but that's an over reach.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team who ever had him loved him but that's an over reach.
I hated him in a sox uniform. Mr. K in big situations (ya I know he hit the homer in the black out game). It still pisses me off thinking about the day the sox traded thome and Contreras on the same day. Contreras wasn’t even news. He is the number one reason why the sox had that opportunity to win a World Series. You would think the sox/media would give some praise. Nope. It was a thome lovefest.

Last edited:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated him in a sox uniform. He’s a nice guy and had an amazing career but he sucked here. He racked up homers but he was a strike out king in big situations. He will have his home run in 163.

?? did i miss something? what does this last sentence mean?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated him in a sox uniform. Mr. K in big situations (ya I know he hit the homer in the black out game). It still pisses me off thinking about the day the sox traded thome and Contreras on the same day. Contreras wasn’t even news. He is the number one reason why the sox had that opportunity to win a World Series. You would think the sox/media would give some praise. Nope. It was a thome lovefest.

I think you're confusing him with Adam Dunn. There is not a facet of hitting where Thome was not a complete and total monster here.

3.5 seasons 134 HR's 369 RBI's .265/.391/.542 (.933 OPS)

In this franchise's biggest game in over a decade - he hit the game winning home run. Was consistently near the top of the league in every power category and in OBP (.416 and .410 his first two seasons) during his time here. He was much better with K's here than in CLE/PHI... which is regarded as his prime. So, I guess they should hate him too?

Baseball Reference also tracks clutch stats, which you can look up. Where his numbers were essentially the same. Especially his power numbers.

Last edited: