• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most likely Enforcer on the team?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
, (great acting Jordan, I'm surprised you didn't flop like LeBron) I asked the people in the room with me, who's the Dubs' enforcer?

Last year, I would say our enforcer was Jack, he would stick up for his teammates and start fights against 7 footers.

Who from the list below, would be the guy who would settle things on the court for us?

1. Bogut
  2. D.Lee
  3. D.Green
  4. JO
  5. Speights
  6. Iguodola
  7. Klay

The obvious choice would be Bogut, he has the size , attitude, and bowling balls to take on the toughest player on the court, but having missed 30+ games in the last 2 years, I don't think he seriously be labeled the one.

D.Lee, one of the hardest working, most consistent players we've had in a while. Had Wilson Chandler's tooth stabbed through his elbow and survived. Had a torn hip flexor and still wanted to get on the court to contribute. Played a game this year after having his front teeth knocked loose. I believe he would be a good choice also.

But from the above list, I would have to choose D. Green. Guy plays with a chip on his shoulder everygame. He does a lot of the dirty work that doesn't get noticed and doesn't show up on the box score. His basketball IQ and fundamentals get under the skin of many opponents. Green needs a nickname, so Green the Enforcer?

Last edited by a moderator:

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Bogut and Green are the only 2 real candidates, maybe Iguodala or Lee if they are both out sick and someone has to do it, but while Iguodala and Lee will mix it up in the game, they aren't enforcers. In any case, I like that this team has some toughness now and will show they aren't the squishy pushovers they have been in the past.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only two guys on this team who would be considered anything close to enforcers: Bogut and Jermaine O'Neal.

Bogut is tough and he's not going to put up with a lot. I don't think he's going to really get out of hand but he's not going to put up with much either. The only reason he would be #1 is because he's going to be on the court most of the time so by default he has to be enforcer.

Jermaine O'Neal is the only one on the team I would trust to be a true "enforcer". Seriously, he's the only guy I've witness knock a fan out on the court. If I needed someone to knock someone down, I'd choose JO because, who would want to step to him?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only two guys on this team who would be considered anything close to enforcers: Bogut and Jermaine O'Neal.

Bogut is tough and he's not going to put up with a lot. I don't think he's going to really get out of hand but he's not going to put up with much either. The only reason he would be #1 is because he's going to be on the court most of the time so by default he has to be enforcer.

Jermaine O'Neal is the only one on the team I would trust to be a true "enforcer". Seriously, he's the only guy I've witness knock a fan out on the court. If I needed someone to knock someone down, I'd choose JO because, who would want to step to him?

True, JO is a beast. But that was JO , , Would I want to step on the court with him ready to punch me out? Probably not, but at 35, most men are smarter than then were at 25.

That punch cost him $4 million I'm sure he felt good about it at the time, but dayuumm, that's a lot of nights to the strip club making it rain.

Last edited by a moderator:

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Z-_RI7GPw"]Bogut vs Freeland/Williams/Aldridge/Matthews[/ame]

1st things first, how silly are NBA players? All they are doing is fattening the pockets of Derek Fisher? or who's the talking head STU Jackson? Fines are suspensions are coming.

I didn't see the JO shove, but I'm guessing the Blazers involved each get atleast 1 game (of course they will appeal) Bogut, Green, and maybe JO gets one game? (can you get suspended while injured?)

Why is it the smallest player always the one who instigates things? Small dog syndrome?

This was a big turning point last night, DUbs are short in players enough, they need to be smarter

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Curry took on Roy Hibbert last season.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHYiPFg8tww]Charlie Kane ~ "Golden State Warrior" (Dubs Up) - YouTube[/ame]

End of story.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be Bogut. He's big and he's Australian. Of all the asses I've had to kick over the years, the toughest have invariably been Aussies. They go down hard!

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be Bogut. He's big and he's Australian. Of all the asses I've had to kick over the years, the toughest have invariably been Aussies. They go down hard!

Clearly you haven't found anyone from Samoa,

They don't give up, they don't surrender, and will keep coming like Terminators.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you haven't found anyone from Samoa,

They don't give up, they don't surrender, and will keep coming like Terminators.

Ha ha! No way do I mess with those guys. I make friends with them. I was on a travelling volley ball team with a bunch of Samoans when I was in the Army and watched as they kicked the shit out of this black dude who kicked the volleyball away because it went on the basketball court in Fort Riley, KS one day. You shouldda heard those black dudes woofing and blowing up as one of the Samoans told him not to kick the ball again. Then utter quiet and bug eyed fear on those "tough guys" as those Samoans commenced to whupping the shit out of that black dude.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bogut and O'Neal, with a splash of Green.

Lee as an enforcer is comedy. There's a significant difference between being "tough" and being an enforcer.