• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Hated and Controversial Sports Figures

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The talk was before a fight talk wasnt it? Stupid and shocking but harmless. There were questions about the r*pe and charge just like there were questions about Ben's charges.

Like it or not, Ben is probably hated more and is currently more controversial than Tyson.

He was convicted, while Bens was never charged. Not even close to the same thing. I agree that Ben is probably higher simply due to the timing, but Tyson should be one of the top on this list. How does Donte Stallworth not make the list, he killed someone.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was convicted, while Bens was never charged. Not even close to the same thing. I agree that Ben is probably higher simply due to the timing, but Tyson should be one of the top on this list. How does Donte Stallworth not make the list, he killed someone.

I dont know,maybe because the guy Stallworth hit was running across a busy street in the early morning light.

The list isn't most convicted athlete. Its most controversial and hated and I'd say right now Ben is right where he should be on the list.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont disagree that Ben should make the list but #4 for a guy accused of a crime seems a bit off when there are players who have done much worse.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ir's crimes by the way, not just one.

Either way there are also people on the list who have committed no crimes. There is no set correlation between # of committed crimes or accused crimes and hate or controversy.

If the NHL had one on the list I bet it would be Avery, and Avery has never done anything legally wrong.

Dupster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think charges/convictions are the only thing people look at. What exactly has T.O. done against the law? Nothing. But he and his agent holding half-hour press conferences to say "no comment" pisses people off and gets him on the hated list.

Same with Big Ben. Did it, didn't do it, does it really matter? He comes off like a pompous asshole and doesn't give two shits about being a role model for kids. With that kind of cash you'd think he could find a barber shop and razor once in a while.

Ben makes the list by looking like and acting like a complete asshole. Only blind Steelers fans think otherwise.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, who the eff is sitting next to Pete Rose?

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hockey version...

Eric Lindros
Dany Heatley
Todd Bertuzzi
Sean Avery
Sprague Cleghorn

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ir's crimes by the way, not just one.

Either way there are also people on the list who have committed no crimes. There is no set correlation between # of committed crimes or accused crimes and hate or controversy.

If the NHL had one on the list I bet it would be Avery, and Avery has never done anything legally wrong.

Actually it is just one, the 2nd is/was a civil suit.

As for the crimes deal what has Ben done outside of an accusation? Is he known around the league as a TO/Avery type of player?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as far as I recall he was accused of raping a woman in his hotel room last year and the sexual misconduct this year. So that would be accused of two crimes, even though he was never charged with either and the one lady seemed to be nuts.

During the case this year the Post Gazette had some articles detailing how Ben has a reputation around town of being an ass, of trying to skip out on bar and restaurant tabs by saying "I'm Ben Roethlisberger" and getting angrier and angrier when it didnt work.

I think he does have a reputation of being an ass.

If you seriously don't believe he has a reputation (not saying you have to agree with it, but if you don't believe he has one) here are two quick links:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...ly-SI-details-lewd-crude-Roeth?urn=nfl-238811

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/05/ben-roethlisberger-sports_n_564384.html

Those were the top two on google, tons more including the Post Gazette.

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Hockey version...

Eric Lindros
Dany Heatley
Todd Bertuzzi
Sean Avery
Sprague Cleghorn

considering your user name, I'm surprised Craig Mctavish isn't front and center on your list.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Roethlisberger is a world class piece of shit as a PERSON. That is why he is hated and looked down upon. This was widely known before he tried to fuck everything that moved. If anyone wants to bow at the altar worshiping him as an athlete feel free. As a person he has a lot of growing up to do and being thankful for what he has been blessed with.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree Ben deserves to be on the list. I just think Mike Tyson is by far a worse person.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man, if Mike had a good psychiatrist early on in life, we would all be talking about how he is the greatest heavyweight champ ever. And that's coming from an Ali diehard.

Dupster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And Tyson didn't have to stand behind a great O-line and hand the ball off to a HoF RB to rack up his wins.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is hard to tell, Tyson seemed to be a bully who couldnt take a punch. I dont think a psychiatrist could teach him that.

As for the HOF RB, Willie Parker will never be in the HOF and he was the starter for Bens 2nd SB win.