• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Asterisked Team in Sports History

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All TDs are reviewed whether it is close or not.
I know that. It was a figure of speech. Walk in TDs are reviewed as well ... for a nanosecond.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether the opposing HC would throw the red flag or not is a pretty good way to look at it but it still up for speculation and debate.

Besides it's not 'close TD's' it's ALL TD's. Had the ruling on the field been called incomplete or no TD the play must go to review by another process. Usually the HC has to throw the red flag to get a possible TD not called on the field reviewed. It wouldn't have happen that way in this case because the play was inside of 2 minutes remaining in the half, then as you said, all close calls are reviewed. (Maybe that's what you meant :noidea: Inside of 2 minutes)
Yes, that is what I meant and do think it is a good way to look at it. In essence, we are talking about overturning a catch ruled on the field that is too close to challenge. For example, imagine the same play, not in the endzone, but somewhere on the sideline. Would a coach have challenged in that scenario with the available views, including the upstairs booth?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that is what I meant and do think it is a good way to look at it. In essence, we are talking about overturning a catch ruled on the field that is too close to challenge. For example, imagine the same play, not in the endzone, but somewhere on the sideline. Would a coach have challenged in that scenario with the available views, including the upstairs booth?
They can't or it's a penalty, because it was under two minutes until the half where all close plays are reviewed.

:dhd:

JK Dude, I get what you are saying, it is a good way to look at it.

Are there any NE posters who believe BB throws the red flag provided a scenario where the play was not inside of two minutes, and say not in the end zone but a huge play putting the Bills at 1st and goal at the 1 approaching the 2 minute mark of the half?

Let's say BB's staff had the benefit of a TV timeout or something like that which allowed for his staff to discuss their options at length?

I say, no way because there just wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field, and the fact that it was, is the head scratcher. :scratch:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't or it's a penalty, because it was under two minutes until the half where all close plays are reviewed.

:dhd:

JK Dude, I get what you are saying, it is a good way to look at it.

Are there any NE posters who believe BB throws the red flag provided a scenario where the play was not inside of two minutes, and say not in the end zone but a huge play putting the Bills at 1st and goal at the 1 approaching the 2 minute mark of the half?

Let's say BB's staff had the benefit of a TV timeout or something like that which allowed for his staff to discuss their options at length?

I say, no way because there just wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field, and the fact that it was, is the head scratcher. :scratch:
Yep, thanks, that’s the scenario I was thinking about. Highly hypothetical, but it gives something to think about. Of course, IF the challenge is made in a situation like you explained,
the Refs still overturn it, right? And the team loses a time out. Unless, of course, it was BB making the challenge. I mean to get back on topic :D

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 Pages of Pats fans defending another win

Yup, Franny kicking dicks in

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, thanks, that’s the scenario I was thinking about. Highly hypothetical, but it gives something to think about. Of course, IF the challenge is made in a situation like you explained,
the Refs still overturn it, right? And the team loses a time out. Unless, of course, it was BB making the challenge. I mean to get back on topic :D
I'm not willing to go that far, but I can see how some can make that leap.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
black francis and polarvortex: kicking the shit out of Patwiot fans since 2005.
We know this is bs. You're one of those serious hawks fans, so that pretty much limits you to circa 2012.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he led, at the time, the biggest 4th quarter comeback in SB history. then he did it again.

For the sake of accurate reporting

It was his 2 awful picks that game that required a big 4th quarter comeback

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What a Play By Tom Brady"
Tackling Marshawn Lynch by the ankles as he drove to the end zone, on the previous play, was no slouch job either. But neither plays were as great as the game winning field goals he kicked superbowls 36, 38 and 39.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Patwiots fans had a personal identity outside of their perpetual humpfest with Thommie Bwady? Yeah, me neither.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Patwiots fans had a personal identity outside of their perpetual humpfest with Thommie Bwady? Yeah, me neither.

Malcolm Butlers name is met with a 'Who" ? in most of the New England area

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tackling Marshawn Lynch by the ankles as he drove to the end zone, on the previous play, was no slouch job either. But neither plays were as great as the game winning field goals he kicked superbowls 36, 38 and 39.
Pretty sure he could have made the "game winning kick" in 39.