• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Asterisked Team in Sports History

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England Patriots. No other team comes close. When did the Patriots change their team colors to black and white?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England Patriots. No other team comes close. When did the Patriots change their team colors to black and white?

The Bills TD wasn't as crushing as the Steelers TD, but I think the league needs to look at these last two weeks of overturned TD catches and see exactly why they weren't catches and maybe put that explanation in the catch rule explanation because I don't believe every referee completely understands what is and what isn't a catch and that's sad. If an overturned TD catch occurs in the playoffs and that decides the game, there is gonna be so much shit falling on the league.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills TD should have been a TD the Steelers TD should not have the league got one correct and one incorrect. Has nothing to do with the Patriots OP just felt compelled to reach and try to start yet another Pats bashing post, how very original of him

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to create a whole new sub board for these threads. The call in the Buffalo game was wrong. We all know it (except the league office, apparently) but it doesn't matter anyway. We also all know the Bills were gonna lose to the Pats anyway. Frankly, what's done is done.
Like I posted in the game thread the league needs to limit the amount of time on these reviews and let the call on the field stand if there is any doubt. Too much micro analysis of these plays take away from the game itself. Once they took so long and fucked things up, the game became unwatchable and I flipped over to the other one.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills TD wasn't as crushing as the Steelers TD, but I think the league needs to look at these last two weeks of overturned TD catches and see exactly why they weren't catches and maybe put that explanation in the catch rule explanation because I don't believe every referee completely understands what is and what isn't a catch and that's sad. If an overturned TD catch occurs in the playoffs and that decides the game, there is gonna be so much shit falling on the league.
theres no going back from this. if you relax the "what is a catch", then people will revert to the replay we have now and argue the call is still wrong.

the nfl gave us tools they cant take back.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to create a whole new sub board for these threads. The call in the Buffalo game was wrong. We all know it (except the league office, apparently) but it doesn't matter anyway. We also all know the Bills were gonna lose to the Pats anyway. Frankly, what's done is done.
Like I posted in the game thread the league needs to limit the amount of time on these reviews and let the call on the field stand if there is any doubt. Too much micro analysis of these plays take away from the game itself. Once they took so long and fucked things up, the game became unwatchable and I flipped over to the other one.
wow, you cant see either huh?

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent thread.

Looks like we will win this one too.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The World realizing what great posters have for years

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres no going back from this. if you relax the "what is a catch", then people will revert to the replay we have now and argue the call is still wrong.

the nfl gave us tools they cant take back.
No Replay> Replay

It's bad for the game.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Replay> Replay

It's bad for the game.
i tend to agree, but what started this whole monster? i believe a seattle/GB game...a touchdown that was, that was ruled no TD. game over.

the fans and players clamored for this. now its gotten so pin point and become such a "eye of the beholder" thing. its gotten well beyond what it was intended for.

if anything, the league being too cheap to put cameras in the endzone is the problem. we rely on shitty angles.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, you cant see either huh?
Receiver dragged the toe on his second step to the point where you can clearly see dirt kicked up. At the same time he is shifted the ball from his left hand to his right hand in anticipation of falling hard on his right side. Strategically changing hands controlling the ball is not the same thing as not having control of the ball. But when teams play the
th
, what is usually understood to be a catch suddenly is not a catch and it has happened so many times now that referee favoritism toward the
th
is beyond obvious.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom Line, if thats a Patriots WR, the call isnt overturned

The End

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receiver dragged the toe on his second step to the point where you can clearly see dirt kicked up. At the same time he is shifted the ball from his left hand to his right hand in anticipation of falling hard on his right side. Strategically changing hands controlling the ball is not the same thing as not having control of the ball. But when teams play the
th
, what is usually understood to be a catch suddenly is not a catch and it has happened so many times now that referee favoritism toward the
th
is beyond obvious.
toe dragged as the ball wasnt secured. ball was secured as his foot came up. league office in NYC seemed to agree, as the call was overturned...and calls arent overturned by the league office without a lot of visual evidence...like this, which is plain to see, which is why it was overturned.

again, my eyes work..as does the league office in NYC. the last camera angle was clear a day.

sorry. im right.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom Line, if thats a Patriots WR, the call isnt overturned

The End
uh huh

where are my 17 super bowl trophies tin foil dirt?

why do the pats lose games every year?

how did the dolphins win the division?

how did eli beat the pats twice, once on a very questionable call (in the grasp)?

the league sure seems to favor the patriots. i mean, they didnt even suspend brady.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
toe dragged as the ball wasnt secured. ball was secured as his foot came up. league office in NYC seemed to agree, as the call was overturned...and calls arent overturned by the league office without a lot of visual evidence...like this, which is plain to see, which is why it was overturned.

again, my eyes work..as does the league office in NYC. the last camera angle was clear a day.

sorry. im right.

Give it a break, you have been seeing things in the Patriots favor that the rest of the world hasnt been seeing since computers were invented

Even Snoogins calls it a catch

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a break, you have been seeing things in the Patriots favor that the rest of the world hasnt been seeing since computers were invented

Even Snoogins calls it a catch
sorry, but im right. i mean, the league agrees with me.

if they didnt youd have a case.

also, whats "the rest of the world?"

kuala limpur?

people in my office?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh huh

where are my 17 super bowl trophies tin foil dirt?

why do the pats lose games every year?

how did the dolphins win the division?

how did eli beat the pats twice, once on a very questionable call (in the grasp)?

the league sure seems to favor the patriots. i mean, they didnt even suspend brady.

Why you dont get enough?

Brandin Cooks dropped a pass, as per the rule, to win a game vs the Texans, essentially handing the Pats Homefield

The league is fixed

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sorry. im right.
Wrong. Stopped reading your post after the first sentence. Your homerism blinds you. It's a New England thing.