• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Moss making a comeback

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Moss - WR - Titans

Retired WR Randy Moss announced in a Monday video chat that he's planning to attempt a comeback.
"I just wanna go to a team and play some football," he said. "Faith, family, and football, that’s my M.O., bro. Your boy be back for the upcoming season." Moss made the announcement during a chat celebrating his 35th birthday. He also revealed his "retirement" was due to off-field issues that have since been resolved. There will be a heavy burden on Moss to prove he's serious after he mailed it in during a disastrous 2010 season, prompting two teams to give up on him. New England, which has yet to adequately replace Moss since dealing him to the Vikings, figures to be a frequently rumored landing spot.

Randy Moss - WR - Titans

According to Profootballtalk.com, the Patriots "still like" free agent Randy Moss despite trading him two years ago.
Moss has maintained a relationship with owner Bob Kraft, and the Pats' need for a vertical receiver was never more apparent than during Super Bowl XLVI. Moss will have to prove he still runs well enough to get deep, of course. As for other possible suitors, the Jets were strongly interested last offseason, but settled for Plaxico Burress after Moss "retired." The Boston Herald reported last fall that the Eagles offered Moss a contract even after he filed his retirement papers.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Moss - WR - Titans

The Boston Globe's Greg A. Bedard does not expect the Patriots to make a run at free agent Randy Moss.
According to Bedard, the Patriots "could have had Randy Moss (in 2011) if they wanted and passed." He believes that stance is "unlikely to change now," though he does allow that the departure of OC Bill O'Brien and return of Josh McDaniels leaves a slight opening for a Pats/Moss reunion. The Pats will be heavily connected to Moss until they deny interest.
Source: Greg A. Bedard on Twitter
Feb 13 - 11:49 AM

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually figure the Pats, despite relations, would go after Moss despire the Boston Globe's perspective. I bet Moss would sign there cheaper than anywhere else.

Don't know if the 49ers should look at him.... I think I would pass myself.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how does this guy still get offers and Owens is seemingly black balled from the league? If Owens burned bridges I would think Moss burned down cities. Owens spent the last few years of his career mostly playing nice and even had a good low key year alongside Ochocinco with the Bengals. Moss on the other hand spent his last few years getting traded by the team he just set records with, and then barely even lasting a few weeks with his old team that traded for him. He then went on to do next to nothing with the Titans. Moss proved right up until the end what a horrible professional and teammate he has always been. I don't get why anyone would take a chance on him at this point. You don't know if you're getting the superstar Moss or the guy just looking to collect a pay check.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Pats should dump Deion Branch and Ochocinco, those 2 guys are washed up.

They should sign Moss and Welker. I can see Moss fitting in with the Pats, unless behind closed doors he really burned his bridge down with Belicheck.

The Pats are the only team I can see him landing with. He totally mailed it in with the Vikings and Titans so I cannot see any other team taking a chance on him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Unfortunately for Moss he isn't any good any more. I don't think even the Rams would sign him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one dude's opinion:
Randy Moss - WR - Titans

Citing a source close to Randy Moss, Yahoo Sports reports that the Eagles and Jets "are at least curious" about signing the free agent.
We're guessing the speculation came from Moss' agent. Yahoo's Jason Cole also names the Patriots and 49ers as potential suitors as clubs with clear needs for help in the vertical pass game. We can say confidently that Moss will draw interest in free agency. The one-year, roughly $3 million deal Plaxico Burress played for in 2011 could be a reasonable starting point in contract talks.
Related: Jets, 49ers, Patriots, Eagles
Source: Yahoo Sports
Feb 13 - 2:50 PM

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how does this guy still get offers and Owens is seemingly black balled from the league? If Owens burned bridges I would think Moss burned down cities. Owens spent the last few years of his career mostly playing nice and even had a good low key year alongside Ochocinco with the Bengals. Moss on the other hand spent his last few years getting traded by the team he just set records with, and then barely even lasting a few weeks with his old team that traded for him. He then went on to do next to nothing with the Titans. Moss proved right up until the end what a horrible professional and teammate he has always been. I don't get why anyone would take a chance on him at this point. You don't know if you're getting the superstar Moss or the guy just looking to collect a pay check.

Because Owens lets the whole world see how unstable he is on his Reality Show... and because Owens has a Reality Show. Obviously football isn't #1 in your life, if you have a Reality Show. You think teams really want their business showing up on VH1? Where they lose all control of their carefully constructed images to a sleezy LA producer of Reality Trash?

Besides, who says anyone even comes calling for Randy Moss? Apparently nobody was serious enough to sign him this past season, at least to the point of matching his salary demands.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want him. His production as shown by his final season doesn't warrant the headache Moss has historically been. I'd much rather have TO at this point, if we are going the "WR DIVA" route.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wouldn't want TO or Moss.

Save up some cap room next year for Megatron. He probably won't get the tag because his salary would be over 25 million if he does.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't want him. His production as shown by his final season doesn't warrant the headache Moss has historically been. I'd much rather have TO at this point, if we are going the "WR DIVA" route.

Guess..

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
sign T.O and Moss both, lol - i know i am being silly...damn!!!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Save up some cap room next year for Megatron. He probably won't get the tag because his salary would be over 25 million if he does.

...And yes the Lions will probably try to lock him up before he hits FA, but you never know; he does have to live in Detroit. :)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Even after a year on the sideline I bet he's better than anyone in the current corp of receivers the Niners have. Give him a performance-based contract

This guy?

randymoss.jpg