• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Moss making a comeback

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I cant stand Moss. I dont want him anywhere near our 9ers, even if he has a little left in the tank.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Save up some cap room next year for Megatron. He probably won't get the tag because his salary would be over 25 million if he does.

...And yes the Lions will probably try to lock him up before he hits FA, but you never know; he does have to live in Detroit. :)

Optimus Prime and Megatron on the same team??

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd take a flyer.

We see how hard Harbaugh tries to get Teddy Ginn to be a threat in our offense. Now if we signed Moss he'd be a legitimate deep threat that's capable of catching the football. People seem to forget that Moss is big target standing at 6'4, making him our NEW receiver to throw to on the goaline.

Remember Baalke made a hard push to get Brandon Lloyd during the regular season, even after Lloyd's public "Professional F*** You" to all of his former teams before his amazing season with the Broncos, Baalke was reportedly willing to give up the most. Of course Lloyd instead followed McDaniels in the end to the Rams, but taking a closer look at the two receivers, they're both not physically imposing, they're old, and they're deep threats with tremendous aerobic ability.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He quits on a lot of plays and is a sour puss when he's not getting the ball. I'll pass.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No he's not. He had 3 teams get rid of him two years ago, and 32 teams turn him down last season.

Context.

Can't defend him for quitting on any of the three teams he was with, but I don't expect a player to learn a new offense within a couple of weeks (Titans & Vikings). Also last year we had a short FA season because of the lockout and a week in(according to when this article was updated) he decided to retire.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Context.

Can't defend him for quitting on any of the three teams he was with, but I don't expect a player to learn a new offense within a couple of weeks (Titans & Vikings). Also last year we had a short FA season because of the lockout and a week in(according to when this article was updated) he decided to retire.

Randy Moss is enough of a weapon, in his prime, he doesn't need to know the entire offense to contribute. He needs to run in a straight line and jump high. Two skills which will fade with age. He was always a limited player, but the skills he had were so far beyond what anyone else had, he could still excel by out-running and out-jumping everyone.

He doesn't have that advantage anymore.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Randy Moss is enough of a weapon, in his prime, he doesn't need to know the entire offense to contribute. He needs to run in a straight line and jump high. Two skills which will fade with age. He was always a limited player, but the skills he had were so far beyond what anyone else had, he could still excel by out-running and out-jumping everyone.

He doesn't have that advantage anymore.

Yes, then he was severely limited to which routes he could run. I'm sure all DBs knew this and planned to stop him on the go routes.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, then he was severely limited to which routes he could run. I'm sure all DBs knew this and planned to stop him on the go routes.

That wasn't all that different than his time in Minnesota or in New England. The difference is, that when Moss was good the DBs couldn't stop the go routes. You could line your entire secondary up over him and he would outrun and outjump them all.

That is no longer the case.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That wasn't all that different than his time in Minnesota or in New England. The difference is, that when Moss was good the DBs couldn't stop the go routes. You could line your entire secondary up over him and he would outrun and outjump them all.

That is no longer the case.

Yes it's great to reminisce about arguably the best receiver to ever play, but believe it or not Moss may actually have to put his nose in the playbook and run short routes to set up his go route.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yes it's great to reminisce about arguably the best receiver to ever play.

What...

....the crap?

There is nobody who is even "arguably" the best WR to ever play except the greatest WR to ever play. We all know who he is.

The only WRs who even have a snowflake's chance of challenging that title are still in their primes right now (Calvin Johnson for ecxample).

Moss
is better compared to Owens (who was a more complete WR); he doesn't measure up to the GOAT, and it's not very close.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What...

....the crap?

There is nobody who is even "arguably" the best WR to ever play except the greatest WR to ever play. We all know who he is.

The only WRs who even have a snowflake's chance of challenging that title are still in their primes right now (Calvin Johnson for ecxample).

Moss
is better compared to Owens (who was a more complete WR); he doesn't measure up to the GOAT, and it's not very close.

Jerry Rice - Prime example of how hard work, determination, and having an unmatched grasp of the game can boast you into greatness

Randy Moss - Prime example of I'm better than any coverage you're sending, but I'm also my worst enemy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jerry Rice - Prime example of how hard work, determination, and having an unmatched grasp of the game can boast you into greatness

Randy Moss - Prime example of I'm better than any coverage you're sending, but I'm also my worst enemy.

Couldn't agree more; but the former proved more valuable than the latter.

Combine the two? You might have Megatron (or maybe Devastator). Time will tell.