• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mortal Kombat (2021)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a little creative writing, what if the new main character's special ability was to channel his father's spirit into his body with his special 'hell' powers to do the fighting for him?

It would have connected a lot of dots and would have allowed the new guy to shout "Get over here!!!".
Which was impossible for the original dude who never learned English...... but said it anyway???
LMAO... I never made that realization during the movie when Scorpion did use English!

I would have liked that idea about the ability. Cole's ability was too overthetop. And were we supposed to believe that Scorpion never learned how to channel his ability until after he went to hell? During the intro I wasn't sure if he was reaching out to his family to try & thaw them before dying? But if that was the case, why didn't he channel his fire during the fight with Sub-Zero? I don't recall he ever did such a thing in that scene.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO... I never made that realization during the movie when Scorpion did use English!

I would have liked that idea about the ability. Cole's ability was too overthetop. And were we supposed to believe that Scorpion never learned how to channel his ability until after he went to hell? During the intro I wasn't sure if he was reaching out to his family to try & thaw them before dying? But if that was the case, why didn't he channel his fire during the fight with Sub-Zero? I don't recall he ever did such a thing in that scene.

Yeah, they should have made this an 8-10 part series instead of trying to jam everything into a 100 minute movie.

Sonya Blade discovered the writing of Mortal Kombat (the 'K' was backwards) in ancient caves..... but was that before English had even been invented?????

Again, just lazy writing and trying to zip through everything.
It's like they had all the fights planned out and just needed a way to connect them....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess if there is a second movie, we know cole dies...

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The opening was awesome. New made up lead character upset me, they should have went with Johnny Cage....The lack of a tournament when the whole MK premise is based on a tournament was perplexing. So it didn't feel like a MK movie at times. I did like how they had to work to get their powers. ending did feel rushed... It could have been a lot better 5.

Sweet Jesus...Thank you for clarifying this. The last time I played a Mortal Kombat was Mortal Kombat 3...but I grew up playing 1, 2 and 3. Hell, I remember the Midway testers dropping by our local arcades in Chitown to spread the hype by sharing with us this and that moves and fatalities here and there.....as time went on when the game was new (was actually a pretty ingenious marketing plan).

I sat through the whole movie just assuming this Cole guy was from of one of the newer games that I had never played and kind of accepted well, that's for the new generation to enjoy even though I found him completely lame. But now learning he's made up? MADE THE F*CK UP? That takes the lameness to a whole new level.

And yeah, Raiden/Liu Kang/Sonya/Shang Tsung were all FAR SUPERIOR in the first movie. Lack of Johnny Cage? JOHNNY F*CKING CAGE?!? I see they are using him to hype the second movie...but Good God...He's one of the most iconic characters. He did the splits and punched people in the f*cking balls and then uppercutted their heads off....then threw on shades. How do you NOT have that in your movie?

*shrugs* Maybe I'm just and old fuddy duddy....

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m still trying to figure out how it took everyone a bunch of time to learn their ability but Sonya got hers quickly after she got the symbol by killing Kano.
Also, I assume that anyone that was a big fan of Goro will be very disappointed.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still trying to figure out how it took everyone a bunch of time to learn their ability but Sonya got hers quickly after she got the symbol by killing Kano.
Also, I assume that anyone that was a big fan of Goro will be very disappointed.

it didnt take everyone long... took Liu Kang right away to get his powers... that was what he said in his story...

the other three, it took so long because they had no clue that the symbol gave them powers... That to me was a non factor to the movie...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finish him video games GIF

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it didnt take everyone long... took Liu Kang right away to get his powers... that was what he said in his story...

the other three, it took so long because they had no clue that the symbol gave them powers... That to me was a non factor to the movie...
Kano wasn’t taking it seriously and wasn’t a good fighter to begin with (at least from what we saw), so understood that. Cole I feel like was just more plot convenience. But one scene after Sonya dispatches Kano she gets the symbol but no powers and in the next scene, just automatically has them without having to go through something like everyone else just made no sense to me.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me that guy with the laser eye who betrayed them... What was his deal?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kano wasn’t taking it seriously and wasn’t a good fighter to begin with (at least from what we saw), so understood that. Cole I feel like was just more plot convenience. But one scene after Sonya dispatches Kano she gets the symbol but no powers and in the next scene, just automatically has them without having to go through something like everyone else just made no sense to me.

Again, Liu Kang told his story, and he got it right away too... Sonya already knew about everything, was a worthy candidate, and was fighting for her life... it is not surprising for this type of character to manifest it right away, in all works of fiction, especially in a hollywood movie...

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Liu Kang told his story, and he got it right away too... Sonya already knew about everything, was a worthy candidate, and was fighting for her life... it is not surprising for this type of character to manifest it right away, in all works of fiction, especially in a hollywood movie...

Eh...It could've been done better. They could have played off her revenge by beating Kano being satisfied propelling her like in the first one...I guess ambiguity is the soup of the day though.

In other news, Kano was pretty f*cking funny...Big step up from the first movie...He and Kabal were easily the best parts about the movie. Goro? I think they built him up a tad better in the first one...but he was still pretty badass in #2 until I learned (just now) that they took him down with some made up f*cking character.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...It could've been done better. They could have played off her revenge by beating Kano being satisfied propelling her like in the first one...I guess ambiguity is the soup of the day though.

In other news, Kano was pretty f*cking funny...Big step up from the first movie...He and Kabal were easily the best parts about the movie. Goro? I think they built him up a tad better in the first one...but he was still pretty badass in #2 until I learned (just now) that they took him down with some made up f*cking character.
Bad beat for Goro.

Pretty sure I would watch a buddy series with Kano and Kabal as frenemies on the run teaming up to take down the organization that wants them both dead.....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

definitely... the whole movie was not great... should have been better... with that said, i like the training idea for this movie... as long as there is another movie about the actual tournament...

I do agree with whoever said it would have been a better tv series than a movie... Youtube had a very good Mortal Kombat series, but it was on youtube, so nobody really watched it...

also, there was an animated movie about Scorpion, which explained his origin very well...

This training idea, was at least original... They just executed it terribly...

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me that guy with the laser eye who betrayed them... What was his deal?
Kano is an Australian mercenary and a member of an international crime gang know as the Black Dragons and is the arch enemy and fugitive of special forces soldiers Jax and Sonya Blade.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kano is an Australian mercenary and a member of an international crime gang know as the Black Dragons and is the arch enemy and fugitive of special forces soldiers Jax and Sonya Blade.

Thank you! Explains a lot now!