• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

more on rambo

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rambo WAS bad. That doesn't mean he has to stay bad. His biggest issue was tackling. This is a coachable problem, if he wants to fix it. Unfortunately, this was also the rap on him in college. He won't stick his nose in there and bring the the ball carrier. He has got to want to become a better tackler. I hope he starts on STs this year, learning how to open field tackle. Once he gets that down, give him some reps at FS. IF we don't see improvement this year, I would move on. He was only a 6th round pick. He should at least be able to contribute on STs at this point.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a strong feeling Rambo is going to get cut in camp. I am almost positive we draft a free safety in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. If that's the case, I don't see us keeping 6 safeties. Meriweather, Clark, Thomas, and Gumbs are locks imo. That leaves Rambo to battle it out with our draft pick. He has an uphill battle imo. Not hating. I was one of the guys who was shocked he was still there when we picked him and was happy we did.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they resigned him because he was one of the few guys who could play special teams well last year, something Rambo couldn't or wouldn't.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got set up pretty bad against first team guys on offense
Last year and lost his confidence completely. It didnt help that no one
respected the ST coach. I think he makes the team, i dunno if he can start though lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rambo WAS bad. That doesn't mean he has to stay bad. His biggest issue was tackling. This is a coachable problem, if he wants to fix it. Unfortunately, this was also the rap on him in college. He won't stick his nose in there and bring the the ball carrier. He has got to want to become a better tackler. I hope he starts on STs this year, learning how to open field tackle. Once he gets that down, give him some reps at FS. IF we don't see improvement this year, I would move on. He was only a 6th round pick. He should at least be able to contribute on STs at this point.

did you look at the film on him in the blogs ? it shows that he does stick his nose in there

now i am not saying he is a starter . i am not saying he doesnt need to continue to work on his game . i am saying is he was being bludgeoned for his tackling but he improved it .

as for kiem , i respect his opinion but he can be wrong

and it is more then likely rambo gets cut if we get safety help in the draft

all i am saying is he isnt as bad as made out to be and he could turn into a reliable BU safety or more

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you look at the film on him in the blogs ? it shows that he does stick his nose in there

now i am not saying he is a starter . i am not saying he doesnt need to continue to work on his game . i am saying is he was being bludgeoned for his tackling but he improved it .

as for kiem , i respect his opinion but he can be wrong

and it is more then likely rambo gets cut if we get safety help in the draft

all i am saying is he isnt as bad as made out to be and he could turn into a reliable BU safety or more

I didn't. I'm not in a position to watch videos. But how many plays do they show? 5? 6? For every play they show he tried to, or made, a good play, there are 6 others where he missed the tackle or took a bad angle, or was out of position. The bottom line is he is a BAD tackler. He does not wrap up, he attempts to take the legs out of the ball carrier. He WAS also a bad tackler in college and this is one of the reasons he fell so far.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they resigned him because he was one of the few guys who could play special teams well last year, something Rambo couldn't or wouldn't.

That's the point exactly. Rambo isn't going to play over Clark, Meriwether and others. He has to make his bones on ST and he has show NO inclination to do that.

No offense dad, this is for anyone watching video. Are you watching cutups? Do you know the defense called? Do you know his responsibility in the defense? As layman we might pickup some things from watching but if we don't know the call, the responsibility etc. we can't say we or some other person watching video knows what is happening.

Yep Keim can be wrong. He'll tell you that. I'll take Keim's opinion over some blogger everytime. He won't be right everytime but he'll be right a lot more often. He also has more at his disposal than any blogger does and the Skins player respect Keim too. There are few as good in this area though. He was asked the same day you posted this to give an opinion on which of last years draft picks not named Reed or Amerson would show the most this year. He picked Jenkins because of STs. He thinks Thomas might have some skills but no one really got to see last year and who knows how he comes off the foot injury. He thought there wasn't a lot to like about Rambo and also felt that he shows no inclination to play STs.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Rambo ALOT coming out of UGa and was really surprised he dropped all the way to the 6th as well. I was really disappointed in him as I thought he was a steal there. Just shows that I (and a lot if us) don't really know squat about how these college players project to play in the NFL. To a large degree it is a guessing game. I really hope the light bulb goes on for him, but I'm not getting my hopes up or expecting it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't. I'm not in a position to watch videos. But how many plays do they show? 5? 6? For every play they show he tried to, or made, a good play, there are 6 others where he missed the tackle or took a bad angle, or was out of position. The bottom line is he is a BAD tackler. He does not wrap up, he attempts to take the legs out of the ball carrier. He WAS also a bad tackler in college and this is one of the reasons he fell so far.

they showed 3 games

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a strong feeling Rambo is going to get cut in camp. I am almost positive we draft a free safety in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. If that's the case, I don't see us keeping 6 safeties. Meriweather, Clark, Thomas, and Gumbs are locks imo. That leaves Rambo to battle it out with our draft pick. He has an uphill battle imo. Not hating. I was one of the guys who was shocked he was still there when we picked him and was happy we did.

They will not draft a safety that high and to give up on Rambo after 1 year is dumb he improved somewhat at the end of the year what do you expect from a rookie who was thrown to the wolves without much of a passrush on top of that having Clark here for 1 year should help him tremendously

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will not draft a safety that high and to give up on Rambo after 1 year is dumb he improved somewhat at the end of the year what do you expect from a rookie who was thrown to the wolves without much of a passrush on top of that having Clark here for 1 year should help him tremendously

Very true, you drafted the guy so you hate to see them give up on him after one year unless they are convinced he can't play. The other side of that is playing STs. Rambo needs to play and excel on Teams to stay with the Skins.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rambo can't improve his tackling this year, then he is probably a lost cause. Good tackling is as much desire as it is technique. After a year of coaching he still struggles, then his issue is desire.......many times this is unfixable. Cut your losses and move on. He was only a 6th round pick.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rambo can't improve his tackling this year, then he is probably a lost cause. Good tackling is as much desire as it is technique. After a year of coaching he still struggles, then his issue is desire.......many times this is unfixable. Cut your losses and move on. He was only a 6th round pick.

well he did improve his tackling as the year went on

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did. Pulling for him.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Rambo made that "whiff" against Chris Johnson, I became very worried. Then, he was looking like a deer in headlights, until he was benched. Then, he got better. Honestly, I believe that he should play ST, so he can hone in more on his open field tackling. That's his problem. In coverage, he is pretty good. In fact, I really don't remember him getting tested in pass-coverage. It's going to be interesting in training camp. Meriweather and Ryan Clark are the starters. That leaves Philip Thomas, who is virtually a rookie, Jose Gumbs, and Rambo. I think someone might not make it. Rambo is gonna have to bring his A-game to stick. Though I like him and he has talent, he is a 6th rounder. If he does not improve, he will definitely be cut. Honestly, I believe Rambo will do everything he can, so he can stick. We'll see.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they bench Gumbs after his chance for Rambo? Not sure what the love affair is with Gumbs.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is having a live affair with Gumbs? I think the point is he is proficient on STs and Rambo to date is not. Since they will both be back ups, this will give Gumbs the edge on making the team.