• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More O-Line for this draft?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?? Has he won that award other than in 2011? What do his 1040's show in every other year?

Don't understand why you keep trying to glorify him as a great person as much as a great player. He choose to leave, he wasn't forced out or low balled on our offer.

Wasn't he voted the league's dirtiest player the same year he was the most charitable? I think he's a repeat winner of that award.

Yep. Seriously.

Ndamukong Suh named Americas most charitable athlete | ProFootballTalk

More info to help clear the clouds out....

DONATE | Suh Foundation

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what you think you are showing me of value? Pretty much every athlete making even the slightest amount of $ has a foundation.

Showing you he's one of the most generous athletes each year. Showing jaded fans that he's not the greedy liar they paint him as.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure who on this board has labeled him as a "greedy liar".

IMO, pretty much all Lions SportsHoopla board members were relatively sure he was going to the highest bidder. To me, that doesn't make him greedy or a liar. It's a business decision that players, like him, must come to grips with at some point in their careers.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, pretty much all Lions SportsHoopla board members were relatively sure he was going to the highest bidder. To me, that doesn't make him greedy or a liar. It's a business decision that players, like him, must come to grips with at some point in their careers.

:clap:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've got to be kidding me. He's been called both by a number of people on this board.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gandy, you said if Suh didn't sign with a winning playoff team, it proved he was greedy and it's all about the money w Suh. Now you clap like a monkey.

Boooooo!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy, you said if Suh didn't sign with a winning playoff team, it proved he was greedy and it's all about the money w Suh. Now you clap like a monkey.

Boooooo!
Rob they all sign for the money and it is greed. As every swinging dick here would to if the opportunity was there (I sure would) I also said only once have I seen a player take the lesser amount of money in sports recently .... Jared Weaver.

My response of him signing with a non playoff team was in response to you(or someone) stating he wanted to win a ring and why he was leaving if he did leave. So yes he did leave and yes he did not leave one cream for greener pastures, except for the green he signed for. I have never been on the liar trail as you have beat it into the ground.

Go try and incite someone else, I have no desire to let you get to me and chase you off again...I have pretty much left you alone on the pitty party you have going. I'd rather keep it that way. Your choice how you want to be with me in the future? I have kept to football, but since I'm not 100% with you, apparently I am against you somehow?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've called him greedy. You've called him a liar. Stop clapping yourself on the back like you haven't. Man up and own it.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Showing you he's one of the most generous athletes each year

But you didn't show me that. It's another link to the same thing, the award he one in 2011 from one tax deductible donation he made that year. Has he won that award since then? That hardly qualifies as one of the most generous athletes each year. On what basis are you drawing that conclusion?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More and more I think they take a LT at 23. Might play him at RT to start.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you didn't show me that. It's another link to the same thing, the award he one in 2011 from one tax deductible donation he made that year. Has he won that award since then? That hardly qualifies as one of the most generous athletes each year. On what basis are you drawing that conclusion?

the largest single gift ever from a former football player to his alma mater, and you're like "meh". He also has tons of local charities like the Ndamukong Suh Family Fund, Camp SUH, the 90 Backpack Program and SUH's Scholar Program.

Downplay it of you must. The ex is a rotten whore. I get it.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we did get Swanson to replace Ravioli and didn't need to spend a first round pick to do it. Still need 1 more though. 1 starter and 1 depth guy. Cam Erving from FL St. in the first round would be perfect.
:yes::yes::yes:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guard is a must but with waddle not sure to start the season healthy they need a tackle as well. I am not sure Lucas isn't anything but a depth guy. Maybe they are counting on Williams being more than a project.
Good stuff right there. Gotta have a guard or center... wouldn't draft a rookie center and throw him to the wolves, so if we draft one, it basically needs to be a guard.

With Waddle being banged up tackle becomes an issue. Is Lucas ready to hold down the fort? Williams has been a project, but the coaches have spoken highly of his development, so does he push for the spot till Waddle is healthy? Does a better option fall into our lap in the draft?

Lots of moving parts on the o-line, but the versatility of Swanson and Reiff give us lots of options on how to best fill the holes...

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the largest single gift ever from a former football player to his alma mater, and you're like "meh". He also has tons of local charities like the Ndamukong Suh Family Fund, Camp SUH, the 90 Backpack Program and SUH's Scholar Program.

Downplay it of you must. The ex is a rotten whore. I get it.

I'm not downplaying the generosity the gift, but it appears to have been a one time thing in 2011. It's not as if he is a repeat winner. I get that you love the guy but you are trumpeting him as a fantastic person as well with things like changing his jersey and winning this award once. He may not have given another penny to any charity since that one donation for all you know.

As for his other charities take a look around the NFL and you will see that just about every starter in the league has a charity or foundation associated with them. It really isn't an accomplishment or testament to Suh as a wonderful and giving person over hundreds of other athletes across all sports.

I'm just not willing to go so far as to king him as anything more than a great DT. You took his word that he really did want to be in Detroit yet he bolted without hesitation from the very area where those charities were established (normally they are designed to help and support the local area where the player is).

And he did so for a little more $ when he was already offered the richest contract for a defensive player in league history. How much is enough? It may not to you but that sure says something to me. And that is his only interest is in himself and philanthropist and great humanitarian are not the things that come to mind when I think of him. To each his own on that however.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not downplaying the generosity the gift, but it appears to have been a one time thing in 2011. It's not as if he is a repeat winner. I get that you love the guy but you are trumpeting him as a fantastic person as well with things like changing his jersey and winning this award once. He may not have given another penny to any charity since that one donation for all you know.

For all I know? You can lead a horse to water...

From Feb 2015:

8 of the Most Charitable Athletes of All Time

2. Ndamukong Suh
Suh has been named the dirtiest player in the NFL multiple times, but that hasn’t stopped him from being one of the most charitable players in league history. In 2011, he donated a whopping $2.6 million to his alma mater, the University of Nebraska, and followed that up with a $250,000 donation to his former high school in 2013. The Detroit Lions defensive tackle also started the Ndamukong Suh Family Foundation, and has continued to donate millions of dollars throughout his five-year NFL career.

Of course Micro, TP and Old Lion love your awful, assuming post. Guys, Do your own research before sucking each other off on every post trying to prove me wrong. Last time I do it for you. Next time you can just think the wrong thing forever.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, your horse actually found the water that supported what you were saying about his charitable dealings. Up until that point you had posted one thing over and over again about one donation. After digging for who knows how long you found something else. Why didn't you post it before now if you knew about his continued generosity in philanthropic matters?

If posts are going to return to the shitty way they once were (you turned this personal) then why don't you start a blog and post a couple YouTube videos of yourself crying that he's gone like that Brittany Spears fan and let it out rather than getting so pissed off that others don't see Suh in the same flattering light that you do.

Nobody wanted the guy gone, he made that decision. Nobody on this board had anything to do with that. He bailed on the Lions and their fans, there is going to be some pissed off people. If he wanted to be on the Lions roster he would be.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, your horse actually found the water that supported what you were saying about his charitable dealings. Up until that point you had posted one thing over and over again about one donation. After digging for who knows how long you found something else. Why didn't you post it before now if you knew about his continued generosity in philanthropic matters?

I've known about Suh being a perennial charitable Godsend for years. I thought all Lions fans knew that. Shit is gonna get real old if I have to support every statement with a multitude of links just because the regulars doubt me.

God forbid you assume I know what I'm talking about instead of constantly challenging me.