• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More important: good set of clubs OR golf shoes

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's more important (to us amateurs and perhaps to pros, but manly us stiffs) to a good round of golf or at least a semi-decent one?

A: Good set of golf clubs
B: Good fitting golf shoes

I am leaning towards the golf shoes because we all know we need good posture and stability to make an actual swing. Without that the ball could go anywhere. Sure we might not hit the ball as straight and long with an older set of golf clubs but golf is more mechanics then anything. At least I would think so.

So what do you think is more important out of those two options?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitted clubs...no question. They don't have to be top shelf, but properly fitted...especially a shaft fitting. Shoes...and I'm shoe man from way back, if we were walking the course I would put more emphasis on the shoes, but I've played in sneakers several times (on dry days) and not much difference in my score...if anything it made slow my swing down for balance.

preisman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clubs all the way. I gained more shots with my new Mizuno blades than I did with my new good Foot Joys.

Would a pro do worse with sneakers or a 10 year old starter set of clubs?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy question with easy answer.

What ATLSteeler said is right. Properly fitted clubs is the most important thing you can have equipment wise. So many people don't realize the importance of it:

Length, flex, shaft kickpoint, tourque, head weight vs swing weight, grip size, lie angle, loft, bounce.

If anyone of these things are off it can effect your ball striking.

2nd most important, imo, is ball fitting. You can get a $400.00 driver perfectly fit, and you will use it roughly 12 times per round. However, your $4.00 golf ball you will use on every single stroke. If your ball doesn't fit your game, it will cost you.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with CLUBS here.
if the question was about snow skiing?...no...the BOOTS are more important than the boards!...but, that's another thread.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's more important (to us amateurs and perhaps to pros, but manly us stiffs) to a good round of golf or at least a semi-decent one?

A: Good set of golf clubs
B: Good fitting golf shoes

I am leaning towards the golf shoes because we all know we need good posture and stability to make an actual swing. Without that the ball could go anywhere. Sure we might not hit the ball as straight and long with an older set of golf clubs but golf is more mechanics then anything. At least I would think so.

So what do you think is more important out of those two options?

Depends. Good shoes are essential to properly execute a foot wedge.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. Good shoes are essential to properly execute a foot wedge.

and it you are on a down or up slope! I've slipped numerous times doing this and it didn't matter the type/quality of the club, it still was an awful shot!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with CLUBS here.
if the question was about snow skiing?...no...the BOOTS are more important than the boards!...but, that's another thread.

I don't know about that. I would say boots until I got my head monsters because they're just a dream come true. I could find a few pair of boots that I could replace the ones I'm using now but I'd be hard pressed to find a pair of skis like the ones I have now.

But I think the bottom line is the guy using the equipment is the most important factor.