• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More heartening news

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The training staff sure have earned their pay this year.

Maybe...maybe not...

Let's look at it from another perspective. Obviously there is nothing they could have done about Posey and the Panda's injuries....or Beltran for that matter.

But....could some of the other injuries been avoided if the training staff had been doing a better job working with the players on conditioning/stretching?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe...maybe not...

Let's look at it from another perspective. Obviously there is nothing they could have done about Posey and the Panda's injuries....or Beltran for that matter.

But....could some of the other injuries been avoided if the training staff had been doing a better job working with the players on conditioning/stretching?

I wonder how much the lack of PEDs has to do with all the injuries this year (sport-wide, not the just the Giants, injuries are way up). Maybe some players' systems are more brittle for lack of their usual crutches?

Obviously not the Posey-type injuries, but maybe a few of the middle to older guys are wearing down more because of that?

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder how much the lack of PEDs has to do with all the injuries this year (sport-wide, not the just the Giants, injuries are way up). Maybe some players' systems are more brittle for lack of their usual crutches?

Obviously not the Posey-type injuries, but maybe a few of the middle to older guys are wearing down more because of that?

Could be...there has always been both sides to the injury/PED issue. One camp was that the PED's keeps guys on the field, increased muscle mass/quick twitch muscle response..etc. The other side talked about how it broke down a player, left him susceptible ot injury due to cartilidge/tendons not being able to handle the added strength/bulk.

Take Tejada...the dude won a HR Derby one year...now he can't hit the ball out of the infield...now, I know you lose skills as you get older but his case is ridiculous...so maybe not having the "supplements" is allowing the older bodies to breakdown faster...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be...there has always been both sides to the injury/PED issue. One camp was that the PED's keeps guys on the field, increased muscle mass/quick twitch muscle response..etc. The other side talked about how it broke down a player, left him susceptible ot injury due to cartilidge/tendons not being able to handle the added strength/bulk.

Take Tejada...the dude won a HR Derby one year...now he can't hit the ball out of the infield...now, I know you lose skills as you get older but his case is ridiculous...so maybe not having the "supplements" is allowing the older bodies to breakdown faster...

I don't really buy the whole argument that a guy who used to be a power hitter, but isn't anymore, so that must be due to PEDS. Few people would make the claim that Willie Mays used PEDs, but I would be shocked to see him hit a ball out of the infield now either.

Extreme example, sure, but extrapolation is a good tool to use to judge the veracity of an argument.

MiggE6 is just done. It happens. He would be done whether he used or not.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't really buy the whole argument that a guy who used to be a power hitter, but isn't anymore, so that must be due to PEDS. Few people would make the claim that Willie Mays used PEDs, but I would be shocked to see him hit a ball out of the infield now either.

Extreme example, sure, but extrapolation is a good tool to use to judge the veracity of an argument.

MiggE6 is just done. It happens. He would be done whether he used or not.

You could very well be right...