• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More heartening news

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Wilson with elbow pain..minor but out for a few days. per KNBR

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rofl:

Thats what this season has driven me to...

For me it's that plus a little of :tsk:

At this point it's hard to get any more worried, we're probably too snakebit, but there's still a chance. Worrying/shatting any more or less doesn't change anything, so we'll just keep hoping but realize it's getting less and less likely.

And we can still have fun on the board...

Winning last year has made the whole process a lot less stressful.

And how good is it to be a Dbacks fan right now? 97 losses last year, this year the 2 best teams in your division get crushed by injuries, and you're probably playoff bound...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point it's hard to get any more worried, we're probably too snakebit, but there's still a chance. Worrying/shatting any more or less doesn't change anything, so we'll just keep hoping but realize it's getting less and less likely.

And how good is it to be a Dbacks fan right now? 97 losses last year, this year the 2 best teams in your division get crushed by injuries, and you're probably playoff bound...

And to be fair, they're playing very well. Still, it's only August and Beltran is coming back...we shall see.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants winning the way they did makes me feel they can overcome anything-almost to the point of arrogance.

This is a tough team to keep down

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants winning the way they did makes me feel they can overcome anything-almost to the point of arrogance.

This is a tough team to keep down

But THIS team is a different team. Everyone who stepped up and turned the team into a winner last year are all hurt. Your statement is about a shirt, not a person.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But THIS team is a different team. Everyone who stepped up and turned the team into a winner last year are all hurt. Your statement is about a shirt, not a person.

Point well taken Cal.

The commonality with both last and this years remains the front office, Bochy, and the rotation.

Losing key pieces in the bully does worry me. But up to now, i do not see the dbacks as formidable a foe as the pads (at least in head to head matchups) more wins like the one vs halladay may chnge my mind

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's how I feel, too. If they never win the WS again, I'm still happy to have spent a life being a Giants fan.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Point well taken Cal.

The commonality with both last and this years remains the front office, Bochy, and the rotation.

Losing key pieces in the bully does worry me. But up to now, i do not see the dbacks as formidable a foe as the pads (at least in head to head matchups) more wins like the one vs halladay may chnge my mind

dbacks O > Our O

Our Pitching > Dbacks Pitching

Problem is, we make Kennedy look like Cy Young...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how I feel, too. If they never win the WS again, I'm still happy to have spent a life being a Giants fan.

Mad rep, son! No truer words have ever been spoken. To be honest, I didn't even need last year's, but it is nice. :D

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I needed last year to get over 2002....

Touche. I'm not gonna say it wasn't welcome, but I really don't have a choice when it comes to teams to root for. I, like a lot of us, was born into this, so naturally, I want to see as many championships as possible, but it certainly won't effect who I back. All of my buddies that are Laker fans just can't understand why I waste my time watching Warriors' games. I just point to the 2010 Giants. The pay-off is glorious!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touche. I'm not gonna say it wasn't welcome, but I really don't have a choice when it comes to teams to root for. I, like a lot of us, was born into this, so naturally, I want to see as many championships as possible, but it certainly won't effect who I back. All of my buddies that are Laker fans just can't understand why I waste my time watching Warriors' games. I just point to the 2010 Giants. The pay-off is glorious!

True...

I assume the 2010 Giants meant more to Giants fans than the 2008 Yankees did to Yankee fans.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...

I assume the 2010 Giants meant more to Giants fans than the 2008 Yankees did to Yankee fans.

Especially because the 2008 Yankees didn't win anything.

:whip:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially because the 2008 Yankees didn't win anything.

:whip:

My point exactly. But to make an even more meaningful point...

The 2010 Giants meant more to Giants fans than the 2009 Yankees did to Yankee fans.

(asshole)

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltran better bring it when his ass gets back next week