• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More evidence small committee is bad idea

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep on missing the point.

His point is that people like the gentleman he linked to could be part of the committee. I showed that they cannot and will not be part of the committee. There will not be some whacked out goofball on the committee in the first place. They are INTERVIEWING over 100 people to be on the committee. They are not just picking them nilly willy. His fear is one that will not be realized because the said "whackos" or "fringe" people will not be part of said committee. There will be no hidden agenda by any pollster to fuck with everything. That was his premise but will not be what happens.

If you think I keep missing the OP's point then show me how the people being interviewed for the committee will "taint or tarnish" the process? Neither you or the OP can because the people on the committee have not been selected. Until they are selected and announced nobody can state ANYTHING as a FACT. It is pure speculation and wild accusations of what May or May Not happen. This is my entire point. Wait until the members are announced, then go through their history, and THEN people can give their opinion on whether a member of the committee is some whacko or nutjob who will fuck up the system. Until then it is pure speculation by the OP based upon what he feels is one pollster who has bad judgement. That has been and will be my point on this.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His point is that people like the gentleman he linked to could be part of the committee. I showed that they cannot and will not be part of the committee. There will not be some whacked out goofball on the committee in the first place. They are INTERVIEWING over 100 people to be on the committee. They are not just picking them nilly willy. His fear is one that will not be realized because the said "whackos" or "fringe" people will not be part of said committee. There will be no hidden agenda by any pollster to fuck with everything. That was his premise but will not be what happens.

If you think I keep missing the OP's point then show me how the people being interviewed for the committee will "taint or tarnish" the process? Neither you or the OP can because the people on the committee have not been selected. Until they are selected and announced nobody can state ANYTHING as a FACT. It is pure speculation and wild accusations of what May or May Not happen. This is my entire point. Wait until the members are announced, then go through their history, and THEN people can give their opinion on whether a member of the committee is some whacko or nutjob who will fuck up the system. Until then it is pure speculation by the OP based upon what he feels is one pollster who has bad judgement. That has been and will be my point on this.

It has nothing to do with the specific person, it's the amount of weight any individual is given in the process. This has been said over and over. You keep saying you understand, but then argue in a manner that shows you clearly do not.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with the specific person, it's the amount of weight any individual is given in the process. This has been said over and over. You keep saying you understand, but then argue in a manner that shows you clearly do not.

When you give an example as he did of a person who basically nobody agrees with in his poll selections I am absolutely correct. Now had he said no matter WHO is selected, but he did not.

He in a couple threads on this have brought up only the "fringe" pollsters. It matters not how many are on the committee. It matters WHO is on the committee. Even with the amount of weight their vote brings. It is the who and not the how many. That is why they have specifically selected to bring people from those categories listed to make the committee. Until those people are selected it is nothing more than speculation as to what CAN happen.

They are not bringing people in who do not understand CFB. They are bringing in people who have either coached in the game, run the program, and so on. SO when you are looking at the types of people who are being interviewed then how can someone claim there will be some fringe guy who has too much say? They are looking at people of the highest integrity.

Hell Bobby Bowden said he would gladly serve. And before anyone says that he will pick FSU if they are there. WRONG!!! He selected FSU to lose to Clemson and UF last year. He also picked FSU to lose to ND in the bowl game the year before. These old coaches and ADs understand what this committee and process is meant to do. They will be objective.

TO sum my point up in one single phrase. It is Quality OVER Quantity.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you give an example as he did of a person who basically nobody agrees with in his poll selections I am absolutely correct. Now had he said no matter WHO is selected, but he did not.

He in a couple threads on this have brought up only the "fringe" pollsters. It matters not how many are on the committee. It matters WHO is on the committee. Even with the amount of weight their vote brings. It is the who and not the how many. That is why they have specifically selected to bring people from those categories listed to make the committee. Until those people are selected it is nothing more than speculation as to what CAN happen.

They are not bringing people in who do not understand CFB. They are bringing in people who have either coached in the game, run the program, and so on. SO when you are looking at the types of people who are being interviewed then how can someone claim there will be some fringe guy who has too much say? They are looking at people of the highest integrity.

Hell Bobby Bowden said he would gladly serve. And before anyone says that he will pick FSU if they are there. WRONG!!! He selected FSU to lose to Clemson and UF last year. He also picked FSU to lose to ND in the bowl game the year before. These old coaches and ADs understand what this committee and process is meant to do. They will be objective.

Again, still missing the point.

There is no need to worry about it when you have a larger selection of voters because any fringe voters are canceled out. Even someone who is knowledgeable can make bad selections.

Or do you think the hurry up rules should be changed on the word of Nick Saban?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get non-biased people on the committee like Barry Switzer, I'm all for it.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it should include any ADS that's for sure. how do we know its going to be even across board...think a lot of bias voters will come up...example....just say for example Georgia AD is selected...everyone knows they will side with the sec vs Oregon or OU or whoever else

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quantity insures quality in this case.

In most cases yes, but not in this. At least not in my opinion. The people they are interviewing are high quality and high character people who love the sport of CFB and want what is best for it. I have no problem with the types of people they are interviewing.

The other part nobody wants to bring up is how the selection will actually be done. Is it going to be done via a blind vote, an open discussion with 51% making the selection, or are they going to use the polls to base their decision on. Until that process is made clear what is the point of speculating or making threads worrying about it?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it should include any ADS that's for sure. how do we know its going to be even across board...think a lot of bias voters will come up...example....just say for example Georgia AD is selected...everyone knows they will side with the sec vs Oregon or OU or whoever else

Originally they were not going to have active ADs, but then added that to the mix this summer. And they may continue to add more to the mix. The committee could be 12-20 people.