• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mooney climbing the WR depth chart?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mooney has caught every pass thrown to him.

And proceeded thereafter Barry Sanders style. Fan points are high with him at the moment for sure. But in the end it's still about consistent production. But it's nice to have this happen on the offensive side of the ball, you know, hope for improvement.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think they don't?
Well, Miller was benched for majority of snaps last year until the Gabriel injury (Rams game just past the halfway point). I believe Nagy made a comment about "we need our guys doing and learning everything asked of them" when he was asked about it in a presser. That's paraphrasing.

He has started off this year on the bench for majority of snaps.

Yet, when he is on the field in a full-time role? He just produces. See the 2nd half vs Detroit. See the 2nd half of last season. His talent seems rather obvious. There's clearly a reason he's on the bench and it's not an ability thing. Based on that and the comments from Nagy last year? I think it's fair to speculate that they have a problem with him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I wouldn't cry if Carr was our quarterback (although I'm still in the boat that one day I'd like a truly great one where we just sit back and enjoy for a decade...sigh).
Well, I mean, yeah. No shit. Every fan of every team wants that. lol

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I mean, yeah. No shit. Every fan of every team wants that. lol
We’ve gone down the “settling for a qb” road in discussion on this forum before...so I was clarifying that I don’t really want a David Carr that is up and down if I’m choosing but I wouldn’t complain if he was our qb similar to Smokin Jay.

Also, we Bears fans deserve that stud qb more than a qb like Carr...far more deserving than any other team’s fans in that department. Long overdue for us. So f them.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Miller was benched for majority of snaps last year until the Gabriel injury (Rams game just past the halfway point). I believe Nagy made a comment about "we need our guys doing and learning everything asked of them" when he was asked about it in a presser. That's paraphrasing.

He has started off this year on the bench for majority of snaps.

Yet, when he is on the field in a full-time role? He just produces. See the 2nd half vs Detroit. See the 2nd half of last season. His talent seems rather obvious. There's clearly a reason he's on the bench and it's not an ability thing. Based on that and the comments from Nagy last year? I think it's fair to speculate that they have a problem with him.

He played 40% of the snaps Sunday after playing 42% versus the Lions. With the Bears rotation on offense...the sheer number of guys that can utilize...plus the commitment to having a legit run game.....that's not bad.

While he has produced big at times...he's also had lapses. In supporting the run game and with drops and blown routes.

Nagy admitting to slowing him down last season for his own development. And it worked...Miller responded strong towards the end of last season.

I don't think this is a case of the coaching staff not liking a guy. It seems more like they want him to earn his time by doing the right things. You drop touchdowns and the staff is gonna hold you accountable.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ve gone down the “settling for a qb” road in discussion on this forum before...so I was clarifying that I don’t really want a David Carr that is up and down if I’m choosing but I wouldn’t complain if he was our qb similar to Smokin Jay.

Also, we Bears fans deserve that stud qb more than a qb like Carr...far more deserving than any other team’s fans in that department. Long overdue for us. So f them.

Fuck it... If the Jets get the first overall pick let’s just go hard to get Trevor Lawrence...

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do we do that when the Jets will have a strangle hold on the #1 pick and they want him too?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3