• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mooney climbing the WR depth chart?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would emphatically say yes. At this early point, I'd rank him no lower than 3rd. And if he performs the same way next week, along with an equally shoddy performance again from Miller, we might actually begin talking Mooney starting opposite Arob.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is an emotional player it seems. Needs to learn how to move on after a bad play, and not check out. Hopefully he wasn't dinged up er nothing.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm lets not get carried away here.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mooney is #2 on the team in WR reps behind Robinson. I think Wims might be ahead of Miller too. Nice to see the coaching staff holding him accountable, and it's nice to see that Pace may have nailed his next in a long line of stellar late-round picks with Mooney. If he's legit, along with Graham/Kmet/Harris at TE and the O line being coached and playing much better (along with Ifedi looking more like a former 1st round pick) then suddenly Trubisky has very few excuses left not to lead this offense to being an average/good unit.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm lets not get carried away here.

Agreeing with genius on this one. Long way to go for Mooney. Too many in a long line of Bears wr draftees for me to feel comfortable until the production is consistent over at least a half season to a season of time.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreeing with genius on this one. Long way to go for Mooney. Too many in a long line of Bears wr draftees for me to feel comfortable until the production is consistent over at least a half season to a season of time.
All pro sports are in the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately business, especially the NFL. All it takes is a few good performances by one player vs a few bad ones by another to change the landscape. Mooney has already shot to the #3 slot after just two games. I want Miller to succeed and succeed big time, like he did the previous week. But the hot-n-cold, up-n-down performances he gives needs to come to an end. If that's being impatient, then I'm guilty as charged.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Miller. I don't know why our staff doesn't.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya, this is interesting, as they basically admitted that they held him back last year for whatever, disciplinary/attitude/iverson practice guy, whatever.

I wondered if he hurt himself on that missed, diving TD. Disappeared after that.

There is no reason the Bears shouldn't have a good-to-great offense, even if Trubisky isn't great. The Bears have a good team. Solid players all around on both sides of the ball. It's entirely on Nagy and Trubisky at this point. I think, with the team around him, Trubsiky is good enough to get them far, but him and Nagy need to manage the game better.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, this is interesting, as they basically admitted that they held him back last year for whatever, disciplinary/attitude/iverson practice guy, whatever.

I wondered if he hurt himself on that missed, diving TD. Disappeared after that.

There is no reason the Bears shouldn't have a good-to-great offense, even if Trubisky isn't great. The Bears have a good team. Solid players all around on both sides of the ball. It's entirely on Nagy and Trubisky at this point. I think, with the team around him, Trubsiky is good enough to get them far, but him and Nagy need to manage the game better.
I think Miller got into Nagy's doghouse at some point and is constantly teetering on going back into it. That drop probably did the job. Clearly, Nagy likes to sit him down when he is presented with ANY reason to do so.

Perhaps he isn't very coachable, is a prick, etc. Who knows? Because I don't know what he "can't" do well.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller and Mooney are different type of receivers. Mooney is the speed guy, he's the Taylor Gabriel on this offense. Seems Nagy always wants a speed guy in the lineup next to ARob. Miller is more possession/slot guy.

Also btw I think the biggest blocker for Riley Ridley is Miller not Mooney.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistency. When he's on, Miller might just edge out Robinson as our top receiver. Probably not, but damn close. But therein lies the problem. Unlike Arob, Miller struggles to maintain that elite level.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller and Mooney are different type of receivers. Mooney is the speed guy, he's the Taylor Gabriel on this offense. Seems Nagy always wants a speed guy in the lineup next to ARob. Miller is more possession/slot guy.

Also btw I think the biggest blocker for Riley Ridley is Miller not Mooney.

This is correct.

Mooney buried Ted Ginn Jr. Ridley slots behind Miller as that slot guy and won't see the field anytime soon barring injury.

Mooney is already an upgrade to Gabriel...that's how well he played. His route running is impressive.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is correct.

Mooney buried Ted Ginn Jr. Ridley slots behind Miller as that slot guy and won't see the field anytime soon barring injury.

Mooney is already an upgrade to Gabriel...that's how well he played. His route running is impressive.

Gabriel was just too small. Gotta give ol' Mitchy a little bit more window. Size matters.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All pro sports are in the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately business, especially the NFL. All it takes is a few good performances by one player vs a few bad ones by another to change the landscape. Mooney has already shot to the #3 slot after just two games. I want Miller to succeed and succeed big time, like he did the previous week. But the hot-n-cold, up-n-down performances he gives needs to come to an end. If that's being impatient, then I'm guilty as charged.

Miller is just another in the long line of what ifs at this point. Yeah, he makes some good plays and some bad ones...but no consistency. You can say that about a lot of players...including "the talent is there" concept. Yes, he has the talent but sh*t all if it matters if it doesn't help us on a consistent basis. Is it Mitch, Nagy, Miller? Probably a combination of all 3.

Speaking of "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately"...Got a chuckle out of listening to ESPN radio on the way to work with all the "why Derek Carr can lead the Raiders to a Super Bowl" talk....That's as good as an example as you'll ever get. : D

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabriel was just too small. Gotta give ol' Mitchy a little bit more window. Size matters.

That's what everyone always said about Cutler too. Then he got Marshall and Alshon and Martellus Bennett....and still sucked.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is just another in the long line of what ifs at this point. Yeah, he makes some good plays and some bad ones...but no consistency. You can say that about a lot of players...including "the talent is there" concept. Yes, he has the talent but sh*t all if it matters if it doesn't help us on a consistent basis. Is it Mitch, Nagy, Miller? Probably a combination of all 3.

Speaking of "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately"...Got a chuckle out of listening to ESPN radio on the way to work with all the "why Derek Carr can lead the Raiders to a Super Bowl" talk....That's as good as an example as you'll ever get. : D

I don't understand the hate towards Carr.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the hate towards Carr.

Honestly I wouldn't cry if Carr was our quarterback (although I'm still in the boat that one day I'd like a truly great one where we just sit back and enjoy for a decade...sigh).

I just think it's funny that they jumped all over his nuts after a couple games with Super Bowl talk...then they'll rail him again if Raiders lose the next 2 (whydfml). Remembering that hoss o-line of the Raiders from last year and what they did to us-especially after Hicks went out-and considering Jacobs is pretty good, I can def see how he's going to have a good season.